'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Hey Mike - the AD told me to let you know who one of your walk on guys will be next year. He’s really good so I’m glad I was able to help you out!

Not a lot have the ability to play both but saying it cant be done is just wrong. Charlie Ward and Tony Gonzalez are two that come to mind right away for me that did both, and Julius Peppers.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Not a lot have the ability to play both but saying it cant be done is just wrong. Charlie Ward and Tony Gonzalez are two that come to mind right away for me that did both, and Julius Peppers.
Charie Ward won The Heisman, drafted 1st round in NBA, and had a nice long career. Extremely impressive and rare.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
Yes you literally can. He's already had 2 SEC schools offer to allow him to do so. It's been done numerous times before. He just can't join the basketball team until football season ends.
Julius Peppers started for both UNC squads...as did Ronald Curry.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Coach Chaney was here in Florence last night watching Dee play against Muscle Shoals. They still have a strong interest in using him at running back.

Muscle Shoals' quarterback is committed to Nebraska and they have a linebacker who committed to Alabama. But Tennessee was here to watch Beckwith.

So the staff is looking at him as a RB?

Florida looks to be the favorite for Dee at this time I believe. With the opportunity to play WR for Mullen and also get to play on their basketball team is going to be tough for him to turn down. I think we are a close 2nd but we can offer early pt at the WR position which certainly helps. I think he's going to be a really good player wherever he ends up. He'll play WR I believe as he's long and fast.

Florida looks to be the favorite for Dee at this time I believe. With the opportunity to play WR for Mullen and also get to play on their basketball team is going to be tough for him to turn down. I think we are a close 2nd but we can offer early pt at the WR position which certainly helps. I think he's going to be a really good player wherever he ends up. He'll play WR I believe as he's long and fast.

Yeah from what I'm told the opportunity to at least attempt playing both sports is more important to this young man than most recruits. Florida knew what they were doing with that offer. I do believe, based on conversations with his coaches, that he really does genuinely like Tennessee. Just not sure if we'll get him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I thought I read somewhere once that any football player who had a scholarship of any kind to the university automatically counted as a football scholarship. Wonder if that applies to basketball too? Assuming it's true. Too lazy to Google and read.

He’s probably headed to Florida

Barnes isn’t gonna waste a scholly on a below average basketball player to help the football team like Mike White is
Anybody who plays football must be on fb scholarship. This is an sec rule ccreated by the Bear because he would get guys on bb scholarship and then they only played fb.

Anybody who plays football must be on fb scholarship. This is an sec rule ccreated by the Bear because he would get guys on bb scholarship and then they only played fb.

exactly if he plays 2 sports he is essentially a walk-on for whatever sport he plays besides football

exactly if he plays 2 sports he is essentially a walk-on for whatever sport he plays besides football
so no risk on Barnes' part right? so who does this kid want to play for Rick Barnes or White? Pruitt or Mullen? seems that's all it boils down to then....imo.

Reactions: quadlee21

VN Store

Back