'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

In "phenomenal spot" per VQ. If he can get an offer from a P5 program he will play basketball though.

Soooo he’s a silent but doesn’t want to go public because he thinks being publicly committed to a football program would shy basketball coaches away from offering?

Could he play both? I wonder if Trevon Flowers will be playing for Vol Baseball next year as was planned.

Saw that. I think Kentucky has a strong shot here as well. It is still weird to say that about Kentucky lol
Imagine what happens when we win 10 games. Even a team like KY is seeing a recruiting bump because they had one good season. Imagine what will happen here. Top 5 class easy.

Imagine what happens when we win 10 games. Even a team like KY is seeing a recruiting bump because they had one good season. Imagine what will happen here. Top 5 class easy.

imagine what will happen if the wormhole to bizarro world closes? things will right themselves enough, lad.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
It's more than just "one good season" for UK. It's them having their best season in decades and building off them improving every year under Stoops.

To me, it's not gonna last, but it makes sense why they're appealing to more recruits now. Still think they lose some commits after this season, though.

They definitely want a tight end in this class, and they're obviously pursuing five-star Darnell Washington. Gilbert, as you mentioned, is being recruited by Tennessee as a receiver. But Dee Beckwith, the athlete from Alabama, is a guy who could play a few different positions on offense, with TE maybe being one of them. We'll see if the Vols turn up the heat on any other tight ends, but they mostly have focused on a few top targets there so far this year.
The Vols still are one of the top teams he’s considering.

The four-star Class of 2020 athlete from Florence (Ala.) High School said Tennessee is “still pretty high” on the list of schools he’s considering following his latest visit with the Vols on June 1, and they “definitely” have been one of the teams recruiting him hardest.

Plays tomorrow night vs Brentwood Academy. Florence is now a 7A school so he will see plenty of competition this season.

He's a multiple who could be moved around to play where needed-- TE, WR, LB. I think he's always been high on our board because of his versatility.
Yep. Reminds me a little of Beasley in that way.

We spoke with Dee, his father and brother the other day. Ole Miss offered them a package deal even though his brother is probably not a D1 prospect. He is wanting to visit Texas A&M and still holding out for an offer from Alabama. He really does love basketball, alot more than football, and probably still holding out hope he gets a good offer there. He also realizes how many more opportunities he'll have playing football. He loves UT and CJP and I believe we are still the leader in the clubhouse. If A&M offers AND they let him play basketball I believe he would take it. If Bama offers I believe he would take it. If neither offers and he doesn't get a power5 basketball offer I believe he'll end up in Knoxville. He's a big, fast good looking athlete and a good kid, I hope we get him!

VN Store

Back