'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

The rule didn't change. The rule is if you play football and any other sport, you count as a football scholarship. For exactly the reason you mentioned, Bear would give swimming and under water basket weaving scholarships to football players. So a student athlete that plays football and basketball counts as a football scholly.
Are you trying to say Beckwith can't swim? Racist.

Reactions: bigorange
Given the infusion of talent and growth in buy in, I don't know how he could stay at .500, honestly.

This current class is pretty impressive, especially if they close with a Beckwith, the WR (name escapes me as I post this), and even possibly Evans.

The thing people, including me, have to keep in mind about their teams, is that even though it appears my/your team is having a “talent infusion,” so is just about every team we compete with.

So when everyone is talented, other factors become critical; player development, strength & conditioning program, game day coaching, home crowd advantage, difficulty of schedule, etc.

Pruitt is improving the big piece (recruiting). How will he do with the rest? Next two seasons will tell.

Seeing is believing. Not going with anything a recruit, service or insider says. Until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered/confirmed, I refuse to buy in.
Why does it have to be all or nothing? I just move closer to "no" or closer to "yes".... So I come here to see if there is anything being said by anybody.
Edit: And of course nothing means anything until they sign. And now can't even depend on that.

It's not over yet as Coach Pruitt was 1st to offer and Dee really does like Pruitt a bunch. Little brother will still play a role although it won't make or break his decision. Barnes is 100% on DB being on the basketball team they just have not actively recruited Dee. I really believe he just likes the campus at Fl, the weather may play a role and the fact that Fl has shown him more love in basketball. South Carolina basketball also reached out but he's shown no interest in them lately even though they were 1st to offer to let him play both. Still some work to do academically as well and you never know how that will turn out. It stinks for the Vols if he ends up in putrid Gainesville, I personally believe that he's going to be a star wherever he goes but especially in Knoxville as we've just never had an athlete with his combo of size, strength, speed an charisma. Dee's a good kid, raised right and has a good head on his shoulders and tbh it's probably a tough decision for him in choosing between the 2, let's hope that he winds up in Knoxville but right now it's likely just hope. Pruitt is a closer and the main recruiter here so I'd give us a 35-45% shot still as FL doesn't lead by much, lots can happen in recruiting in a few short weeks. We're running out of room as well so that may play a role too.
Great post! Thanks for your continued info on Dee. Hoping as well that academics aren’t an issue and that Tennessee is his choice.

This current class is pretty impressive, especially if they close with a Beckwith, the WR (name escapes me as I post this), and even possibly Evans.

The thing people, including me, have to keep in mind about their teams, is that even though it appears my/your team is having a “talent infusion,” so is just about every team we compete with.

So when everyone is talented, other factors become critical; player development, strength & conditioning program, game day coaching, home crowd advantage, difficulty of schedule, etc.

Pruitt is improving the big piece (recruiting). How will he do with the rest? Next two seasons will tell.
What you may not realize is the strength and conditioning and development under this staff is radically different than the last staff. The talent level is improving, but the development is also causing significant change. I know everyone brings in new talent with each recruiting class, but it's easy to see the difference between Butch Jones recruiting 260lb linemen who couldn't get the weight up for years, and the guys rolling in now.

Talent difference plus development makes me optimistic.

I think what TN fans have seen the most this year is improved S&C, evidenced by the fact that we can close out games, line up with the best, and avoid injury bugs. And in game decisions changes on the defense, we always seemed to play better in the second half, and usually you could see a difference in our calls and personel after the 2nd defensive series as we caught on. Also Pruitts call for on side kick was beautiful. We see a couple of those type of calls a year and we are good.

Offensively we dont make the adjustments as I would like. Seem like Chaney has a game plan and pretty much sticks to it. Or if we find something different that works we run it into the ground it seems.

Imo of course.

What you may not realize is the strength and conditioning and development under this staff is radically different than the last staff..

All good points... and oh I realize it. I realize it because UF was in the exact same position. In hindsight, UF’s biggest deficiency under McElwain was a pathetic S&C program. It was truly, legendarily, pathetic. He had an old High School buddy running it, it was so bad, the players who actually cared, actually went offsite to local gyms in Gainesville to get extra training. There was no tracking, no goals, little supervision, players basically worked out on the “honor system” at their own pace. For the majority of college kids, that doesn’t end well. And for Florida, under Mac, it didn’t.

Enter Dan Mullen and Nick Savage, total transformation, and it shows on the field.

So back to my original point. While I think Savage is phenomenal and doing an amazing job.... UT has one doing the same thing. And so does Georgia and LSU and so on....

Dee lives with his father who is pretty easy going and is seemingly leaving the decision up to Dee. I'd be surprised if those close to him have much say so whatsoever in his decision. If what they say is true then Ole Miss would lead as that's the only place both kids could go on full scholarship and closest to home. He's kept this decision close to the vest and it's impossible to predict 100% where he will end up.
So 5 minutes earlier you posted UF slightly in the lead, now it may be Ole Miss.
sounds like we need to take the “Ladd” that can’t wait to come here if given the choice

VN Store

Back