Ainge doing the gator chomp

LetMeStay

I had a feeling we were gonna lose after he did that. Did somebody slap him for doing it? If not, they need to.

ya same here, i was pissed when he did that there was still 10 mins left n the third what an idiot. i know everyone has a bad game, but he made some really bad decisions, he almost costed us a safety, and that's a good grounding decision he made. that killed us. i'm worried his confidence is shot and that he will turn into the soph ainge.

Why the continued focus on the grounding play - if he was sacked it would have been the same thing (loss of down and at the spot).

ainge played as well as he could considering they knew we weren't going to run it and brought the house every other snap. all of those bad decisions you said he made were actually mostly good decisions compared to what alot of quarterbacks do or what he would have done last year. he only got sacked 2 times and easily could have gotten sacked 7 or 8 times.

his scrambling and decisions kept us out of 2nd and long and 3rd and long all night. yeah a few plays made us worry about stuff from the LSU game, but none of that happened. he made good decisions.

You're pissed at Ainge and say nothing about the O-Line? You're complaining about Ainge and yet how many yards did we have on the ground? You're complaining about Ainge but yet how many yards and points did the pass earn us?

Why the continued focus on the grounding play - if he was sacked it would have been the same thing (loss of down and at the spot).

Because we obviously have a bunch of people around here that don't know the rules of football. Look it up people! There is no difference between taking a sack and getting called for intentional grounding other than the fact that if the quarterback grounds the ball he may not get called for it.

ainge played as well as he could considering they knew we weren't going to run it and brought the house every other snap. all of those bad decisions you said he made were actually mostly good decisions compared to what alot of quarterbacks do or what he would have done last year. he only got sacked 2 times and easily could have gotten sacked 7 or 8 times.

his scrambling and decisions kept us out of 2nd and long and 3rd and long all night. yeah a few plays made us worry about stuff from the LSU game, but none of that happened. he made good decisions.

I agree. I think Ainge played exceptionally well considering the fact that he was running for his life half the time. He made some great throws and, to this untrained eye, some terrific reads, as well.

Going into this game I believe the Florida D line led the nation in rushing defense and that is no doubt still true tonight. I said months ago on here that the strength of Florida this year would surprisingly be its defense. They are going to get a lot of press now.

Hey, by the way, what an incredible effort by Harrell. He looked in agony to me after that one series when he came off near end of first half and looked like he just couldn't do it anymore.

Because we obviously have a bunch of people around here that don't know the rules of football. Look it up people! There is no difference between taking a sack and getting called for intentional grounding other than the fact that if the quarterback grounds the ball he may not get called for it.

Erog they will always try.

this was just Ainge being Ainge, though. this has been his trouble from the start, hasn't it? physicall gifted but dumb as a rock.

it was a dumb, classes move, but i expected nothing less from Danny's nephew. both teams played their asses off, but i wanted to crush y'all when i saw him doing the comp in the THIRD QUARTER.

never again you have no brain do you? you've riddled us with your foolish comments, but have yet to give one example of what you seem so hellbent on getting across. you do realize that you're one of maybe 2 people on here that share that same view? and that's including people from the opposing team. that should tell you something.

florida's front 7 is definately one of the best. we all knew that, but i expected our o-line to at least show up. haha

all i heard in the offseason was how he had matured. i guess not.

He did EXACTLY what he should have done, and if he weren't on our team we would have been absolutely blown out tonight. I don't know where you guys are coming up with this crap about blaming this loss on Ainge. Ainge and the wide receivers carried our team tonight.

Give it a rest, guys. This is a 20 year old kid playing in one of the biggest games in his entire life, and he got emotional. Honestly, who cares if he did a stupid gatorchomp?

this was just Ainge being Ainge, though. this has been his trouble from the start, hasn't it? physicall gifted but dumb as a rock.

it was a dumb, classes move, but i expected nothing less from Danny's nephew. both teams played their asses off, but i wanted to crush y'all when i saw him doing the comp in the THIRD QUARTER.

what an ass.

Who gives a *** what he does on the sidelines? These games are won and lost on the field not the sidelines, and this game was lost by UT because both our offensive line and our rush defense got their asses handed to them tonight.

He did EXACTLY what he should have done, and if he weren't on our team we would have been absolutely blown out tonight. I don't know where you guys are coming up with this crap about blaming this loss on Ainge. Ainge and the wide receivers carried our team tonight.

Amen brother!! He was the only bright spot we had tonight on offense.

I hardly consider a 1-point victory a "crushing". The game could have gone either way.

Ainge was solid tonight, but that was a foolish act. I wouldn't expect anything less though from an opposing team who was up on us with time left. When you mock the gator chomp - there will be consequences!

umm...i never blamed the loss on ainge. i said that he apparently hasn't matured very much from last year. skillwise, sure, he's improved greatly. still has a ways to go in the class/focus/sportsmanship department. he needs to leave the gator chomping to the fans.

nationofvols, i'm not hellbent on getting anything across. i'm a vols fan just like 99% of everyone else on here, so i don't know what you mean by that.

The loss of Inky definitely showed up several times in busted coverages. That's all I have to say right now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

VN Store

Back