Agree or disagree

It should help recruiting, but not as much as big NIL deals would.

Hopefully opinions like the one in this tweet aren't turned around and used as ammo to criticize our coaches' recruiting ability in 4 months.

Honestly NIL deals and UT aren't adding up. So they'll have to hope that winning and style of play will get the attention of the guys they need.

As long as it's not a call about my car warranty, I'm for it.
I get too many car insurance calls and wish there was easy way to get those SObs from calling. We get anywhere from 3-6 calls / day and I have extended coverage and trade the other car every three years because of the increase in technology and safety for my wife’s car.. I have contacted the dealership and told them I would never buy another car from them if they called again. I have not heard from that dealer since I last talked to them.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Honestly NIL deals and UT aren't adding up. So they'll have to hope that winning and style of play will get the attention of the guys they need.
That doesn't surprise me.

I'm hoping the big money guys are just waiting to see what comes out of the NCAA investigation & Pruitt lawsuit before making any big time offers to current players & recruits, but I don't know if those things would actually have an impact on someone's decision to offer an NIL deal.

Imagine an offense full of 5/4 star talent being developed and enjoying this style of offense…

It could be really fun. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: DickeyD
While we may be 15-20 in recruiting rankings this year, I bet this staff will work the portal like nobody else. There is playing time to be had at every position on the field. Hooker is a great advert for the staff.

You have to think that this is why the staff is focusing so much on the 2023 kids and beyond. They have to know that we need to fill a lot of our numbers through the portal. Especially on both lines.

As an aside, what are the rules about coaches talking to players from other teams? I mean, is it possible for a kid currently enrolled at another school to initiate communication with our staff?

Of course the danger is that in answering the phone, they then peg you as a real number which they will sell to other scam artists
Yeah, I get it. This one was close to a number I had been doing business with. They seem to be getting craftier.

As with the last poster (and you're both free to disagree with me), you have chosen a small snapshot in time as an attempt to prove a larger point. The 2nd half vs Ole Miss, we forced two punts and had an INT, while OM scored a TD and missed a FG. For the game, they were still 11/21 on 3rd down, and 2/3 on 4th down. We got off the field a lot, but we also failed to do so on nearly as many opportunities, too.

Bama was 15/20 on 3rd and 4th down. Florida was 9/15. Pitt was 10/22.

Those are our 4 losses. 47/81 on 3rd and 4th down and only 3 TOs created.

Our current defense doesn't get off the field like they need to do. Making the point that they managed to do so for a half isn't definitive proof of the opposite theory. I'm okay with your disagreement and fine with that not being the popular opinion of people who want to find every silver lining possible with this group that plays hard, though undermanned and outtalented. I'm not making the case that our current defense is awful and the lone spot of contention keeping us from winning ballgames. The entire team has warts, though has performed well enough to give me hope that we are headed in the right direction with an infusion of talent and depth.
I picked a small snapshot? You claimed they hadn't done *anything* to show you that they can get off the field.

I know this is the popular narrative, but the defense just doesn't do anything to give me confidence that they can get off the field.

Then say:

We got off the field *a lot*, but...

Make up your mind.

Hmmm…. I’m gonna have to disagree. Not because of anything negative on the field, but just because I think it will still be a hard sell until UT starts getting guys in the league consistently in the first 3 rounds. That’s what it’s all about for the blue chippers.

I picked a small snapshot? You claimed they hadn't done *anything* to show you that they can get off the field.

Then say:

Make up your mind.
They haven't done anything to show me they can get off the field with any sort of consistency.

There...I thought that inference was easily evident, but apparently you need it spelled out for you like a 6-year old. I took your snapshot and gave you the benefit of doubt by admitting that within your framework, we did get off the field a lot in that instance, but that is also relative to a high number of opportunities. We also missed just as many opportunities to get off the field. We still allowed OM to convert half, or more, of their 3rd and 4th down opportunities, so it would be just as accurate to say that we didn't get off the field a lot, if I wanted to play devil's advocate.

You seem hellbent on only telling half the story that supports your position, and I'm not all that interested in any further discussion with someone who cherrypicks half-quotes and convenient stats to build a house of cards.

I honestly don’t believe we need a top 10-15 class every year with this staff. Look what they are doing with what they currently have.
Have to respectfully disagree. I’m not sure Fulmer recruits ever fell out of the top 5 while getting 10-11 wins a year.

Hmmm…. I’m gonna have to disagree. Not because of anything negative on the field, but just because I think it will still be a hard sell until UT starts getting guys in the league consistently in the first 3 rounds. That’s what it’s all about for the blue chippers.
Which is another reason to be mad at Henry T. That was a likely draft pick that Tennessee will not be able to claim now

I totally agree with this guy. The onfield product looks amazing.

Here's the other side of it--our OFF field product is amazing as well!

Our player love playing for this staff! From our players you constantly hear phrases like "got each other's backs," "we're family" and "explained to, not cussed out" when discussing playing for Tennessee.

And credit to the entire UTAD for not allowing "Vol For Life" to diminish into just an empty slogan. They've made tradition something that's alive and continuous, by bringing back and honoring former players.

Playing football for Tennessee gives our guys an identity that doesn't end with graduation.

VN Store

Back