Agency to Consider Federal BAN of Gas Stoves Over Health Hazards

The other thing about electric power transmission is that routinely wheeling and dealing power nationwide over long lines really doesn't make much sense. Yeah, I doubt that power produced in TN really travels to CA, but just moving from one region to the next and bumping it along seems pretty inefficient. It just makes sense that electric power generation should be a regional thing - and pretty regional at that.
Our transmission system was original designed to be regional. It wasn't until in the past 25-30 years that we decided that we should be swinging power across longer areas.

Reactions: AM64
Nobody is breaking into our house. We’re the ones who are doing the breaking and entering.
Are you kidding me? How many cyber attacks are committed each minute by our enemies, and our "friends?" You can bet that if either thought for one minute that our military was weak enough there would be a physical attack. If you don't believe that reconsider what just happened to the Ukraine.

Are you kidding me? How many cyber attacks are committed each minute by our enemies, and our "friends?" You can bet that if either thought for one minute that our military was weak enough there would be a physical attack. If you don't believe that reconsider what just happened to the Ukraine.

So, is it Mexico or Canada we should be worried about? We’re the bad guys. We decimated Iraq for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: sonofUT62
So, is it Mexico or Canada we should be worried about? We’re the bad guys. We decimated Iraq for no reason whatsoever.
I do believe we are currently being invaded from the south, and if Canada had any kind of real leadership, and it was worth having, they'd have the Northeast.
And if you look back, we were the ones that built Iraq (1950's - 1970's) it's when we deserted that régime that it went back to the middle ages.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I can't think of one war in since 1812 that was both unavoidable and existential to the country's survival. The Civil War was existential, but avoidable. The war with Mexico was not existential to the Republic, but did protect the lives of "American" settlers in Texas. Everything else after the Civil War was completely unnecessary. We should have been neutral in both World Wars or at best, played mediators in resolving issues. WWII doesn't happen without the Treaty of Versailles after WWI. The issues we have in the Middle East today is a result of the Sykes-Picot Agreement in WWI. Japan would have likely been a samurai backwater in 1900 had it not been for Commodore Perry.

I agree with much of that, especially the last sentence. Japan cogently observed the West forcing open China and reasoned they could set upon a path of military and industrial modernization or be next, and Perry fulfilled the prophecy. I think it was a British or American diplomat who quipped the ToV was merely a peace of 20 years. As he promised to not have American boys dying on foreign soil, FDR also used every trick he could to plunge us into that war; the Japanese almost begged for cessation of the crippling embargoes that were forcing their hand.

My reply was to gauge his appetite for any of the recent wars and square with his advocacy of cutting military spending.
Edit: French General Ferdinand Foch - "This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years"

Last edited:
If we aren't being attacked then no we should not be involved.

Military budget needs to be drastically cut. Along with most other expenditures.

You're an isolationist and nationalist, and view NATO and UN as something we've no business in.
I can respect that worldview even though I doubt it's practicality.

Our transmission system was original designed to be regional. It wasn't until in the past 25-30 years that we decided that we should be swinging power across longer areas.

It almost seems like interconnecting the grid really kicked into high gear after the big NYC blackout. You would imagine the rest of the story has to do with utilities like Duke figuring out they could sell big blocks of power to places like CA and NY for better prices than they were selling it at home.

If anyone really intended to invade, I'd imagine the prelude would be cyber attacks on the infrastructure. Shut down the electric grid and NG distribution, and it all crumbles. Maybe only the electric grid is necessary since that would pretty much collapse everything else including NG transmission. With the power grid being interconnected it's probably less hardened than when it was regional and isolated by region. Sometimes things like "Smart Grids" really aren't smart at all. Shut down the power grid and you can't move anything because the roads become gridlocked and you can't pump gas without electricity. We've built ourselves for failure.

The other part of the equation is that a lot of backup power essential to keep hospitals running and continued cooling to fuel in nuclear plants often relies on diesel generators with limited fuel supply. When you can't move the fuel to refill those because transportation is shut down, you are really screwed.

Looks like junior's father was the labor boss. This POS is a damn lawyer appointed to head the Consumer Product Safety Commission; probably payback for all the votes his dad delivered to the dems over the years. Union bosses, lawyers, and dems always seem to have an incestuous relationship.
Not to speak ill of the deceased, but Sr. didn't miss many meals, prepared on a gas stove or otherwise.

It almost seems like interconnecting the grid really kicked into high gear after the big NYC blackout. You would imagine the rest of the story has to do with utilities like Duke figuring out they could sell big blocks of power to places like CA and NY for better prices than they were selling it at home.
The NYC blackout kicked into gear the regulating agencies and their enforcement powers.

You're an isolationist and nationalist, and view NATO and UN as something we've no business in.
I can respect that worldview even though I doubt it's practicality.

Why is that a bad thing, have you seen what you globalists do?

Do you not see that putting Americans 1st is not a bad thing? It's sad that our country has been taught that being a nationalist is bad.

Russia and China have bigger fish to fry trying to cut economic and infrastructure deals on the Eurasian continent and Africa to be worried about the USA.
Until you realize that our economy is larger than those you listed combined....

My ex was a Pfizer sales rep and I could tell you guys hundreds of stories about what a reprehensible company they are. They have no morals or scruples, it's all about making money.

There are probably stories you don't know about also... they usually don't hire body positive chicks to be sales reps for a reason.

Just saying...

VN Store

Back