After a Tennessee loss

Vols520

Living in California is tough after a Tennessee loss. I am usually the only Tennessee fan that my friends or colleagues know.

So I have heard all about the Oakland loss today in the office.

A guy at lunch was like hey man did you see your team lose last night? My reply to that question was, "Oh really? I didn't notice that it's been the lead story on ESPN, or that people having been talking crap all day, but thank you for the heads up."

It gets really annnoying.

Good thing is most of the people I work with just follow college football....

I feel ya. I'm in UNC/Duke/NCst territory. They take their bball VERY seriously. I had more crap talked to me today than I have about the UNC/UT bowl game.

There is a silver lining though. Any Tennessee loss, particularly to an unranked team is now a "big deal" and worthy of smack talk. Wasn't long ago that no one here knew or cared if UT lost a bball game to anybody. Reguardless of what the rest of this year holds for us, I take this as a good thing. If people on tobacco road know and care enough about UT bball to give me a hard time after a loss then to me that means we have finally "arrived".

Very true. Lots of sports nuts in my office and the ones who follow cbb, knew Oakland was solid.

I feel ya. I'm in UNC/Duke/NCst territory. They take their bball VERY seriously. I had more crap talked to me today than I have about the UNC/UT bowl game.

There is a silver lining though. Any Tennessee loss, particularly to an unranked team is now a "big deal" and worthy of smack talk. Wasn't long ago that no one here knew or cared if UT lost a bball game to anybody. Reguardless of what the rest of this year holds for us, I take this as a good thing. If people on tobacco road know and care enough about UT bball to give me a hard time after a loss then to me that means we have finally "arrived".
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Actually, they are nicely pointing out that UTK hasn't arrived as an elite team.

Both losses hurt last night, especially the men losing to Oakland (Mich). Am also told the Lady Vols are okay and they'll bounce back. I sure hope they do against #2 Stanford on Sunday. Otherwise, this will be loss #3 in the early season. If they lose and I hope they don't, I hope they don't fall out of the top 10.
As far as the men's team, they'll bounce back. It will get more interesting once SEC play starts.
GO VOLS!
I support Pat Summitt and Bruce Pearl. Don't want to hear anything bad against Bruce. His best interest is with this team.

I hear you bro. I live in Charlotte, and attend UNCC. Losing to Oakland has been tough, but I am going to our game against UNCC on Friday night. If we find a way to lose to that team, I will never hear the end of it.

BTW, for those of you going to the Charlotte game, CBP is making an appearance at Blackfinn at around 5:00 Friday before the game.

It's a good thing that some snow fell through some roof somewhere and some old guy didn't play football or this would be an even bigger story

I hear you bro. I live in Charlotte, and attend UNCC. Losing to Oakland has been tough, but I am going to our game against UNCC on Friday night. If we find a way to lose to that team, I will never hear the end of it.

BTW, for those of you going to the Charlotte game, CBP is making an appearance at Blackfinn at around 5:00 Friday before the game.

I lived in Charlotte for 7 years and got my MBA at UNCC. I consider them a secondary team that I root for. I used to go to alot of games before the move to the A-10. Back when they were winning shares of Conf. USA titles along with Cinci, Louisville, Memphis etc.. When Huggins came to town it was a BIG deal and the grad student section was rocking. I hear its a FAR cry from that these days. There is no way that UT should even be challenged in this game beyond the first 10 minutes. If we are..I'll start to get a little worried about this season.

VN Store

Back