Admiral Schofield Contract Converted to Standard NBA Deal w/Orlando Magic

Admiral wasn’t happy in his role at TN as an underclassman. His story needs to be one that is celebrated - especially in this environment of expecting immediate playing time and putting the individual before the team. I bet his dad had a lot to do with him working hard and sticking with TN when he hit a difficult stretch.

Honestly I think this is more of a strategic move with teams fishing to trade. Magic has the number 5 pick and the Bulls pick which will probably be within top 10

Of all our past guys Admiral and Bowden are the two i wish were on this current team. But a very close third Lofton. Admiral with his attitude is what we need. He would definitely be the go to guy.

Of all our past guys Admiral and Bowden are the two i wish were on this current team. But a very close third Lofton. Admiral with his attitude is what we need. He would definitely be the go to guy.
Man I love Bowden and Admiral like I raised them but I’m taking Chris Lofton and 42% 3pt and 85% Ft shooting all day every day.

Barnes could at least fly him into Nashville for the SEC and get him on the sidelines to pump this team up

Admiral wasn’t happy in his role at TN as an underclassman. His story needs to be one that is celebrated - especially in this environment of expecting immediate playing time and putting the individual before the team. I bet his dad had a lot to do with him working hard and sticking with TN when he hit a difficult stretch.

I think Schofield and Williams both get their jersey numbers retired someday at Tennessee.

I think Schofield and Williams both get their jersey numbers retired someday at Tennessee.

Retiring Schofield’s jersey would help to establish whether “numbers” are being retired or players are being honored with their jerseys in the rafters. Lofton and Admiral are both #5s.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I don’t think Admiral will - and besides, as pointed out, 5 is already retired via Lofton

Grant probably will though. UT recently changed the criteria for jersey retirement but I know Grant qualified under the rules that existed at the time his UT career ended. Under the new rules there are 5 criteria of which you have to meet 3. He definitely meets 2 of them (SEC POY and first team AA) - it all comes down to whether or not he holds a “significant record” at the UT, SEC, or national level. What defines a “significant record” isn’t really well defined though.

I don’t think Admiral will - and besides, as pointed out, 5 is already retired via Lofton

Grant probably will though. UT recently changed the criteria for jersey retirement but I know Grant qualified under the rules that existed at the time his UT career ended. Under the new rules there are 5 criteria of which you have to meet 3. He definitely meets 2 of them (SEC POY and first team AA) - it all comes down to whether or not he holds a “significant record” at the UT, SEC, or national level. What defines a “significant record” isn’t really well defined though.

They need to just start honoring jerseys. Take down some of the Lady Vols banners. There’d be plenty of room.

BTW, that Elite Eight banner with one year on it is embarrassing.

Man I love Bowden and Admiral like I raised them but I’m taking Chris Lofton and 42% 3pt and 85% Ft shooting all day every day.
I thought about that also. But having two guys willing to slash to the hoop and kick it out to Vescovi and JJJ and Key when he is hot would be nice. Lofton in college wasnt much of a slasher to create his own shot. And that's what this team is really missing.

I thought about that also. But having two guys willing to slash to the hoop and kick it out to Vescovi and JJJ and Key when he is hot would be nice. Lofton in college wasnt much of a slasher to create his own shot. And that's what this team is really missing.
I may be loosing my memory but I remember him driving to the basket quite a bit due to defense running at him so hard. I’m gonna go out on a kind and say he shot more FTs per game than either of those guys and at a much better rate. Seems like Admiral settled for too many jumpers but I am getting old…

VN Store

Back