Added IBStore

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I just installed a store to the board. I haven't used this before so it will be a learning experience for all of us. What happens is you get points for posts. The points are used to buy things from the board. I will give more details as I figure it out. If anyone has any experience with this please post it here.

I will be enabling it for all members as soon as I figure it out!

OK, I got the store up and running. Here is how it works:

You get:

Points Per a new Topic: 3
Points Per a Reply: 2
Points Per a new Poll: 3
Points for starting topic with 10+ replies: 5

With this money you can buy things from the store once I configure it. You can do things like steal money from other members or the bank, increase your interest rate. Change other members title, avatar and signature. Change your own username and member title. Add effects to your name such as bold, italics, glow. Increase your priivate message storage. Pin your own topics. Upload emoticons and more.

Also, I realized another aspect of the dollars thanks to secrivals. You can use it to make bets with each other.

Have fun and post any questions that you have here.

What defines a "post"? I'm not naming any names (like NCGatorBait) but SOME folks are expert post padders. Does a post have to contain actual text or does this

:bow:

count as a post?

(Luv ya NC. :) )

All posts count as posts.

I readjusted the point totals above to give 3 points for new post/poll and 2 points for a reply. I also went ahead and reset everyones points to zero. That way everyone is starting from the same point.

I will be adding things to the store this week so start building up your points!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 4, 2004 12:59 PM
What defines a "post"? I'm not naming any names (like NCGatorBait) but SOME folks are expert post padders. Does a post have to contain actual text or does this

:bow:

count as a post?

(Luv ya NC. :) )

I'm shocked...I'm no padder! ;) :p

Dang Freaky, why couldn't you have readjusted the numbers AFTER I posted my poll!?! :dunno:

Sorry LIO. You had just finished making a few posts when I reset to zero. :(

LOL? How would I know? I hope you really didn't do that, although it is very sweet. I'm saving up to buy you a Vol avatar. :naughty:

Yea, let me know. I want to make sure that is working properly. I don't know if you have to go claim it in the store or not. NC I am sending you $10 tell me if you get it.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 5, 2004 12:13 AM
LOL? How would I know? I hope you really didn't do that, although it is very sweet. I'm saving up to buy you a Vol avatar. :naughty:

Check the store LIO...I did...or maybe it sent a PM??

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 5, 2004 4:13 AM
Yea, let me know. I want to make sure that is working properly. I don't know if you have to go claim it in the store or not. NC I am sending you $10 tell me if you get it.

How come HE gets 10 dollars? I smell a rat. Or a gator fan one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 5, 2004 12:13 AM

It works..I got a PM stating that and not to reply to it...thanks bro...I'll probably keep giving mine away to the Vols here that really want something! B)

You better not do that. Then you won't be able to get even when we pay to change your Avatar or your sig line or whatever else we can think of. :D Also you better be saving up so we can have a big bet on the UT/UF game this year. I was also thinking that we could all bet money on a NCAA BB Tourney bracket.

You can even pay to temporarily ban someone from the board but I don't know if I will enable that one or not.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 5, 2004 4:19 AM

You can even pay to temporarily ban someone from the board but I don't know if I will enable that one or not.

HMMMMMMMMMM......

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 5, 2004 12:19 AM
You better not do that. Then you won't be able to get even when we pay to change your Avatar or your sig line or whatever else we can think of. :D Also you better be saving up so we can have a big bet on the UT/UF game this year. I was also thinking that we could all bet money on a NCAA BB Tourney bracket.

Don't worry bro..they do that all the time at VT! :lol: :lol: Never can tell what kind of sig I'm going to have when I log in! :p

I dont know if Im gonna like being at ya'lls mercy.............. :blink:
No telling what NC will do!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Mar 5, 2004 11:18 AM
I dont know if Im gonna like being at ya'lls mercy.............. :blink:
No telling what NC will do!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Don't worry dear...I have some very good ideas what to do to you....MUHAHAHAHAH! :cool: :rocks: :ph34r:

VF, did someone change your signature for you already or is the ETSU thing on purpose?

Originally posted by ncvol@Mar 8, 2004 3:34 PM
VF, did someone change your signature for you already or is the ETSU thing on purpose?

I did it on purpose. I know, I know it's non-UT but I am pulling for them in the big dance so I did it as a tribute. I'll take it off next week if (when) they lose.

VN Store

Back