Addazio to Colorado State, no Butch

Back to Nick's "Honey Do List"...

MeatyDevotedAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Nobody is going to hire that guy for a coaching position. He's got that stanky taint all over him.

It boggles my mind that we (old TN athletic dept.) were this dumb. How is it (assuming hes actually interviewing to try and get the job) that these lower level FBS teams are saying "no thanks, we're going with an "up and comer" or a less known name? They obviously get it........or......hes doing some Step Brothers interview techniques......"are you saying Pan?"

GloriousSingleFluke-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: tbh and davethevol
It boggles my mind that we (old TN athletic dept.) were this dumb. How is it (assuming hes actually interviewing to try and get the job) that these lower level FBS teams are saying "no thanks, we're going with an "up and comer" or a less known name? They obviously get it........or......hes doing some Step Brothers interview techniques......"are you saying Pan?"

View attachment 244818

Hiring coaches that can't get another heading coaching job is a recent Tennessee tradition. Fulmer's legacy which as been dutifully continued by Dooley and Butch.

View attachment 244818
Simple. When we hired Butch, he was 50-27 with 4 conference titles at a couple different mid-major stops. Today, he's got that record + an epic flameout at Tennessee.

Plus, you have to consider that he doesn't really want another job right now other than getting Saban's coffee.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
The funny part is I actually think he'd be a good coaching choice for a G5 school. He's clearly not a good fit for any P5 program with any kind of expectations, but I think he can pull off winning at a place like Colorado St.

What baggage?

From a recent article about the CSU coaching search:

"Despite all this activity, CSU hasn't hired Bobo's replacement. Why? Let’s start with the integrity issue.

Jones, who college football analyst Bruce Feldman of The Athletic, FootballScoop.com and others said was nearing a deal to become CSU’s next coach, was implicated in a Title IX lawsuit against Tennessee while he was coaching there. An affidavit in the lawsuit filed in 2016 accused Jones of saying a player who helped a victim of an alleged rape “betrayed his teammates” and repeatedly allowed the accused players to physically and verbally harass the player who helped the victim.
Jones denied any wrongdoing at the time, and the university eventually settled the Title IX lawsuit out of court, paying $2.48 million to eight people who said they had been sexually or physically assaulted by Tennessee student-athletes between 2013 and 2015.
Jones, who had been a successful coach at Central Michigan and Cincinnati before going to Tennessee, went 34-27 overall and 14-24 in the Southeastern Conference in four-plus seasons at Tennessee. He was fired in 2017 after an 0-6 start in SEC play and has spent the past two years as an offensive analyst on Nick Saban’s staff at Alabama.
Multiple sources said the Title IX lawsuit became a stumbling block in Jones’ negotiations about becoming CSU’s coach."

Opinion: Colorado State struggling to find football coach who meets AD's stated criteria

VN Store

Back