AD White, please listen to the fans

DonDiego

Carolina del Sur
I know I don't speak for all fans, but I tell you, many, many fans do not want an 'up and comer'. We do not want a learn on the job OC or DC--been there, done that. This isn't Central Florida. Vol fans want and deserve a proven winner. My opinion...others may disagree.

Also, I'm aware AD White isn't reading this post---maybe he has people do this.

I know I don't speak for all fans, but I tell you, many, many fans do not want an 'up and comer'. We do not want a learn on the job OC or DC--been there, done that. This isn't Central Florida. Vol fans want and deserve a proven winner. My opinion...others may disagree.

Dude blames the fans for the previous Admin failures.

We’re also not OSU, UGA, OU, Clemson, etc....so that means we can hire better proven HC’s when they can’t?

We’re also not OSU, UGA, OU, Clemson, etc....so that means we can hire better proven HC’s when they can’t?
Your list isn't the slightest bit flawed considering three of the four schools you list as examples had coordinators take over for very successful, winning coaches who already had recruited at an elite level for several years - two of the four coordinators took over for NC-winning coaches.

So yeah, that's exactly like our situation.

What a stupid, stupid comparison.

Take Clemson out of that equation as they weren’t near what they are when they hired Dabo. The others chose their routes, who said they were forced to hire those guys?

Your list isn't the slightest bit flawed considering three of the four schools you list as examples had coordinators take over for very successful, winning coaches who already had recruited at an elite level for several years - two of the four coordinators took over for NC-winning coaches.

So yeah, that's exactly like our situation.

What a stupid, stupid comparison.
It’s not a comparison- it’s satire to show how hard it is for even top programs, with way more at risk than Tennessee, to land proven head coaches.

If anything, on the job training of a first time head coach is more detrimental to those programs that are rolling, at the pinnacle of CFB. Handing the keys of a new Bentley to a brand new driver is a worse idea than handing the kid the keys of a high mileage Cadillac.

It may be harder for a first time HC to win here- it’s harder for any HC to win here- that’s not the point. What we want isn’t relevant. I want Saban if it were. It’s what we can best get.

It’s not a comparison- it’s satire to show how hard it is for even top programs, with way more at risk than Tennessee, to land proven head coaches.

If anything, on the job training of a first time head coach is more detrimental to those programs that are rolling, at the pinnacle of CFB. Handing the keys of a new Bentley to a brand new driver is a worse idea than handing the kid the keys of a high mileage Cadillac.

It may be harder for a first time HC to win here- it’s harder for any HC to win here- that’s not the point. What we want isn’t relevant. I want Saban if it were. It’s what we can best get.
Congratulations - you managed to type dozens of words without a single intelligent thought anywhere in them.

DonDiego, Love it, spot on. Unfortunately, we are screwed. This new AD White does not understand TN/SEC Football. He thinks we play Buffalo every year.

Tennessee plays in the SEC which IS the tip top pinnacle of all power 5 football programs.

This requires a proven power 5 winning head coach that can build a Winner over Bama, florida, George, LSU, aTm, ect.

We are NOT a training ground for 1st time head coaches that need to learn how to become a HC.

Now go find the right coach that can build us back to a National Championship winning program sir.

VFL...GBO!!!

So the fans should have a say in who the coache is. This is getting pathetic
Whats pathetic is that us fans can likely pick a better coach than this administration can. They've not exactly been hitting it out of the park with their candidates. Perhaps they should listen to the fans. Just my opinion.

Preach on!

He missed the memo (presser) on Monday from Plowman and Boyd

VN Store

Back