AD White having a team meeting.

I knew of Danny White and his reputation as I had the opportunity to hear him speak at a business leadership conference in Orlando a few years ago. To say that I was stunned to hear Tennessee hired him would be an understatement. He embodies everything that Tennessee has been starving for. He delivers leadership, experience, innovation and work ethic in spades.

This was a statement hire by this administration and should serve as notice to the fans and the rest of the SEC that Tennessee isn’t messing around anymore. There is a lot of work to be done but for the first time in decades; we have a competent captain steering the ship.

Team unity is a required to be successful at football or house building, sounds like our new AD knows that and will make sure whoever he selects as Head coach knows it too. Beldar came in and like dooley began complaining about the crap players on the team, not a good way to get players or house builders to put out max effort.

OK. I thought he was still retired.

He is rumored to be named a Coordinator at Texas but once you’ve been the top dog, I would think it’s hard to go back being a coordinator.

White should talk to him and see if he has any interest. Would be shocking to get him but why not try?

For what they are likely going to be paying him I would certainly hope that the AD gets to "do his job" . Be a shame to shell out that much money and still tie his hands behind his back...

One of the biggest takeaways for me is when Plowman directed all of the questions about the coaching search from the media, to White, saying "We have a Athletic Director". Hopefully that means, that the leadership is finally going to let an A.D. do his job and not get in the way like previously. @VOLFan65

"We’d love to excite our fan base with whatever the hire is, and hopefully we do,” For those who think the AD doesn't care about the fan opinion, this quashes that fear.

The beginning of the end of a bad era is hopefully underway.

The VolNation is like a three balled tomcat that has been in prison for twenty years. Cleopatra's mummy would excite us!

VN Store

Back