Absent A Comeback Of Biblical Proportions,

hatvol96

the Spurs will have earned my undying affection by finally eliminating from the NBA the gutless, worthless, and disgraceful style of basketball Phoenix has purveyed and been praised for by people who only like shiny things and circus.

Hat, how disapointed were you in Detroit's effort last night. I can understand needing 1 wake up call, but they had absolutely zero intensity last night. They should come back and when, but that was probably the most embarrasing night of Chauncey's professional career. I'm worried about Detroit

the Spurs will have earned my undying affection by finally eliminating from the NBA the gutless, worthless, and disgraceful style of basketball Phoenix has purveyed and been praised for by people who only like shiny things and circus.

Im a Suns fan and the Shaq trade just made me want to crawl into a hole, the series didn't help either:cray:

Hat, how disapointed were you in Detroit's effort last night. I can understand needing 1 wake up call, but they had absolutely zero intensity last night. They should come back and when, but that was probably the most embarrasing night of Chauncey's professional career. I'm worried about Detroit
I still fully expect them to win this series. However, this "We're good enough to spot teams a game or two in a series and still win" mentality is exactly what has gotten them beaten in the last two Eastern finals. Detroit's competitive arrogance is both their greatest stength and their most glaring weakness.

I still fully expect them to win this series. However, this "We're good enough to spot teams a game or two in a series and still win" mentality is exactly what has gotten them beaten in the last two Eastern finals. Detroit's competitive arrogance is both their greatest stength and their most glaring weakness.

Couldn't agree more

So wise, so wise.

Their mentality seems similar to the Spurs at times during the regular season. They know they are a playoff team but they come through every year and prove that.

Can we finally put to rest the theory that Shaq is still a game changing player? People flamed jerry buss for taking kobe over shaq, but the lakers will get 3 more good years of kobe at least and now all shaq is a huge contract weighing down the suns.

Can we finally put to rest the theory that Shaq is still a game changing player? People flamed jerry buss for taking kobe over shaq, but the lakers will get 3 more good years of kobe at least and now all shaq is a huge contract weighing down the suns.
but shaq was a cornerstone in another title team.

Until the Lakers win again, Shaq holds bragging rights.

I'd say just a Finals appearance and at least 3-4 more years of productivity out of Bryant far outweighed what Shaq could offer them.

IMO Buss made the right choice at the time, no matter the outcome.

Pending Bynum's return and how effective he is, the Lakers are a championship-caliber team now. If they lose, it should be chalked up to the difficulty of the Western Conference. They've built as good a team as anybody can possibly build these days.

I was reading on some Lakers boards today and am very encouraged on what I heard. Bynum may be back next round and that could get him in solid shape for the Western Conference Finals. 10-15 minutes of a close to healthy Bynum is what we need to take care of San Antonio.

VN Store

Back