Abandon Ship...All Hope Is Lost for a Winning Season!?!

HoopCreekVol

Is it time to abandon the program? This is really dismal. Did anyone notice tears streaming down the statue of CPHS? Muffet looked quite smug. I thought she was toying with us for a while. Like a fighter who throws soft punches and takes a few on the chin before delivering the knockout punch.

Little Miss Muffet, sat on her tuffet, waiting to win. Along came LADY VOLS, who couldn't score at all, so Little Miss Muffet was content to win again!

Were in do or die mode. Next two games must be wins then we'll go from there. Any more home losses really puts this team in a big bind to make the NCAA Tourney.

and then the division occurs, should the new hire be a former Lady Vol, or the best coach in the country who did not go here.. It will be a huge debate for sure

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Were in do or die mode. Next two games must be wins then we'll go from there. Any more home losses really puts this team in a big bind to make the NCAA Tourney.
Then the talk of the town will be how we missed out on the NCAA tournament. Isn't there a legacy status or something like that for Women's BB? I mean if the sororities and fraternities can do it, surely we can be grandfathered into the tournament. Just sayin' and hoping!

Reactions: tiburon
It should be the BEST coach obtainable at this time. No bargain basement search.
Becky Hammon- she has hopes in NBA - but Florida went after her and she considered - didn't offer enough - she's got a lot of Pat in her- she wants to be first female HC in NBA but it will be tough- Now is Spurs asst HC - first female asst - Give her control give her six figures and who knows- Popovich swears she is one of the best that's why she got hired- she kicks butts of men think what she could do as LV coachHammon.jpg

This team will not make the tourney, this team is going go thru SEC schedule with 0 wins , no leadership, no go to scorer or defender.
They look like they have never played or practiced together, you could get 5 players off street and beat LADY VOLS

and then the division occurs, should the new hire be a former Lady Vol, or the best coach in the country who did not go here.. It will be a huge debate for sure

No, it doesn't and no, it won't. Because only in your wildest dreams do they fire Holly. If she is still breathing, she will be the coach next season. Done deal.

Reactions: lynnh
Please, we must accept reality, no matter how dismal and heartbreaking it is. The LVs will be lucky to win 3 of the remaining 10 games in the regular season.

Reactions: Momto2
This team will not make the tourney, this team is going go thru SEC schedule with 0 wins , no leadership, no go to scorer or defender.
They look like they have never played or practiced together, you could get 5 players off street and beat LADY VOLS
I really don't like what you are saying...because it is so true. And the truth hurts! They did look like they came out of the stands, put on a uniform and started playing. No cohesiveness to beat #1.

I'm terrible at predicting sports. But as I look over the remaining schedule I would think based on talent alone UT could go 5 - 5 at least. 17 - 12 will probably get UT in the tourney just based on the past.

Is it time to abandon the program? This is really dismal. Did anyone notice tears streaming down the statue of CPHS? Muffet looked quite smug. I thought she was toying with us for a while. Like a fighter who throws soft punches and takes a few on the chin before delivering the knockout punch.

Little Miss Muffet, sat on her tuffet, waiting to win. Along came LADY VOLS, who couldn't score at all, so Little Miss Muffet was content to win again!
To abandon the program is a little strong, however, to continue as is may be enough to ruin a program to the point it may be difficult to recover from. If there is any such thing as abandonment, that would be at the feet of administration. It is clear, after seven years, Holly is not, and never will be the answer. I love the Lady Vols and will always support them.

Warlick is gonna make Fulmer fire her as in her intentions to stick it out with the LV regardless of their record or if losses keep piling up. She’s got an ego problem and needs to do the University a solid and step aside!!!!

I'm terrible at predicting sports. But as I look over the remaining schedule I would think based on talent alone UT could go 5 - 5 at least. 17 - 12 will probably get UT in the tourney just based on the past.
There’s a good chance they go 13-12 over this next stretch of games. With that record their season is likely over. After starting 12-1 wtf happened for the bottom to suddenly fall out????

It should be the BEST coach obtainable at this time. No bargain basement search.

Wes Moore at NC State would turn this LV team into a top 5 easily again in a matter of 1 season. Look what West did at UTC and now NC State but I doubt Wes and his wife Linda would leave North Carolina where they are both from and have family but then again $$$$$$ talks!

5-5 puts there conference standing at 6-10. That will not get them in the tournament, especially if 4 of the wins are Vandy x2, Ole Miss and UF.

Coach Holly Warlick will not b fired Volnation is delusional to think its going happen, rem Title IX it won't happen...............

Sadly, I think she will get another year. Phil we were so young this year, but next year will be different.

VN Store

Back