A win is a win!

Just saying.

I expected it to be close considering we struggle with Bama every year.

Our team responded.
We did respond but I would prefer to step on teams throat instead of letting them go on 13-0 runs to open the second half. Give Avery Johnson credit for finding the hot hand and hitting it over and over. It took us way too long to adjust. Extremely lucky to win this game.

So happy to have the win. I'm just starting to see a trend of stepping off the gas in the last 2 games. I'm hoping we come out swinging for the rest & not let off. I'm proud & love watching these guys play hard! Keep it going gentlemen, Go Vols!

We were very fortunate that the ref caught that walk. Officiating went against us badly in the second half until that moment. Grant has got to be more head strong. That charge was infuriating but his block probably saved the game. They really needed a game like this to realize what's at stake and that they arent invincible.

A win is a win. Now, let's hope Duke wins or Virginia might jump us.

Reactions: amorange
So happy to have the win. I'm just starting to see a trend of stepping off the gas in the last 2 games. I'm hoping we come out swinging for the rest & not let off. I'm proud & love watching these guys play hard! Keep it going gentlemen, Go Vols!
This team needed a close game. It had been a while. Florida was close for a while and we stretched that one out on the road. Knowing that Bama always seems to play us close, home or away, we should have expected a close one today. I know I sure did. I just don't think today was a case of us taking our foot off the gas. This seemed more like a case of two halves. We were hot in the 1at and cold in the 2nd. Bama, just the opposite, and they had a player who went off for a season high. They also hit 7 more 3s than we did while shooting a similar overall %. That's not a recipe for success, and had it not been for their abysmal FT shooting, we go home with the L.

We won't win every game by 10-20 points, we are getting spoiled as fans we haven't even got into the tough part of schedule plus we are not going 18-0 in the SEC, TAKE 15 AND 3 and win the SEC and go to the dance and kick azz till you cut the net down the ball just wouldn't go down today plus bama came out after halftime and took the game to us but in the end the BIG ORANGE came away with the victory and now get ready to go to Nashville hopeful as the NUMBER 1 TEAM in the country and bring our A game instead of a C game.

We were very fortunate that the ref caught that walk. Officiating went against us badly in the second half until that moment. Grant has got to be more head strong. That charge was infuriating but his block probably saved the game. They really needed a game like this to realize what's at stake and that they arent invincible.

A win is a win. Now, let's hope Duke wins or Virginia might jump us.

i WILL take the call but you don't make that call might have been a make up call if we had been on the other end of that call this board would have a melt down but we will take it hopeful as the number 1 team in the country come Monday didn't think i would every say this but GO DUKE just for tonight boy it hurts to say that.

unless this wakes them up a little I don't want them no 1 only time there were no 1 they went to vandy and lost it. now did any of you see how avery Johnson acted the look in his eyes like he was hunting a win the teams coming up is gonna have more fire in their eyes.

Reactions: feathersax
While I do think they kinda took their foot of the gas vs Ark after getting up by 30, I don’t think that was the case today.

Bama made some halftime adjustments and we didn’t respond correctly. Then some guys just got called getting shots to drop. That’s a recipe for a loss. Thankfully they missed so many free throws.

Reactions: feathersax
I'll take every WIN we can get but I'd really prefer NOT to have a heart attack.

I hope this really wakes them up and they stay focused from now on.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: DNBVOL
While I do think they kinda took their foot of the gas vs Ark after getting up by 30, I don’t think that was the case today.

Bama made some halftime adjustments and we didn’t respond correctly. Then some guys just got called getting shots to drop. That’s a recipe for a loss. Thankfully they missed so many free throws.

I'm not sure Alabama even did that much; they had one guy going off. We just weren't hitting shots or playing defense. It's not like Alabama really played a good game, they missed a ton of FTs and didn't take advantage several times when they could have pushed the lead.

Reactions: 10cpride
I thought they looked a little tired. Wasn't the team we have seen in the last month. But we won and that is what matters most.

Going from hunter to hunted.It may get worse after the new rankings come out on Tuesday.

If we end up #1, it will be the same scenario as last time, with us having to go to Memorial Gym in Nashville for the first game as #1. If we do go as #1, hopefully better results than last time.

Reactions: tn4elvis
GW&AS missed a lot of shots they have been consistently making this year. Bone made a few poor decisions with the ball and he'd been playing close to perfect college point guard this season. Add this to one Bubba shooting out of his mind and we got a nail biter. The consultation is we won the game. Next game up - odds are GW, AS, and Bone will play closer to their seasons norm. Either way this team is still fun to cheer for!

Reactions: 10cpride
If we end up #1, it will be the same scenario as last time, with us having to go to Memorial Gym in Nashville for the first game as #1. If we do go as #1, hopefully better results than last time.
I think this team is a little more mature than that team. But who knows on the road in conference.

We won't win every game by 10-20 points, we are getting spoiled as fans we haven't even got into the tough part of schedule plus we are not going 18-0 in the SEC, TAKE 15 AND 3 and win the SEC and go to the dance and kick azz till you cut the net down the ball just wouldn't go down today plus bama came out after halftime and took the game to us but in the end the BIG ORANGE came away with the victory and now get ready to go to Nashville hopeful as the NUMBER 1 TEAM in the country and bring our A game instead of a C game.
My man, @terrypedigo. The last year or so, I Haven't seen as many posts from u in other forums. I've seen u here, a bunch lately, tho. Hope u and yours are doing well. This is a special basketball team. Good teams don't win games like this, great teams do, tho

One of those games where Schofield's shots weren't falling; close but no cigar. He hit 23.5%; other than Turner everyone else had a very good shooting %.

VN Store

Back