A UK Commentary

I've always been in a relatively unique postition in relationship to Kentucky Basketball. As a UT fan first, I've always liked the Cats, and I like Billy Clyde as well. After their behavior this year, it is becoming harder to have any feelings for the UK nation.

The fact of the matter is this. The record of this team is a reflection of the talent. When Perry Stevenson and Ramone Harris are your third scoring option and Michael Porter is your point guard, you are simply not going to be that good.

Beware UT fans. This very minute, there are people in the Vol Nation that are trying to put Mike Hamilton's butt to the fire for similar reasons. I think that the ordeal facing UT fans over the last ten years proved that we are much more reasonable that our counterparts in KY. Lets act like it.

I've always been in a relatively unique postition in relationship to Kentucky Basketball. As a UT fan first, I've always liked the Cats, and I like Billy Clyde as well. After their behavior this year, it is becoming harder to have any feelings for the UK nation.

The fact of the matter is this. The record of this team is a reflection of the talent. When Perry Stevenson and Ramone Harris are your third scoring option and Michael Porter is your point guard, you are simply not going to be that good.

Beware UT fans. This very minute, there are people in the Vol Nation that are trying to put Mike Hamilton's butt to the fire for similar reasons. I think that the ordeal facing UT fans over the last ten years proved that we are much more reasonable that our counterparts in KY. Lets act like it.

Well said. I'm already sick of hearing "Kiffin needs to wear more orange... he wore a white T with a small power T on it and a black UT hat."

Well said. I'm already sick of hearing "Kiffin needs to wear more orange... he wore a white T with a small power T on it and a black UT hat."
I read his post as a commentary on the reaction of our basketball fans, but I agree with your post.

Kentucky fans need to accept the fact that sec basketball teams have improved and they are no longer the leaders of the pack!

Kentucky fans need to accept the fact that sec basketball teams have improved and they are no longer the leaders of the pack!

That's great and all but I for one would like to actually start beating them.

But you should still be able to beat Georgia in Rupp Arena with a tourney berth on the line. I can see how, if I were a UK fan, that loss would tempt me to give up on Gillispie right then.

"So when a Lexington Herald-Leader poll on Wednesday found that 59 percent of more than 7,000 voters wanted to can Barnhart,"

The strange thing is that Kentucky's athletic programs are uniformly stronger under Barnhart with the exception of basketball. From football to golf to baseball to women's sports, UK has been on the rise under his watch. I like Mitch, but the truth of the matter is that if the basketball program is sick, it may not matter how healthy he has helped make everything else.

But you should still be able to beat Georgia in Rupp Arena with a tourney berth on the line. I can see how, if I were a UK fan, that loss would tempt me to give up on Gillispie right then.

They should not lose to GA or VMI for that matter. Young teams lose to teams that they shouldn't frequently.

VN Store

Back