A Tn. Lady Vols Thanks To The Team 2007-2008

lyndonboy

April 12, 2008 10:30 pm :):dance2::)

CANDACE PARKER, YOU ARE #1 WITH YOUR HANDS TIED BEHIND YOUR BACK!!! REALLY!!!

I want to thank you, the Tennessee Lady Vols for all of the joy that you have brought to my life these past few years. I have played on a basketball team and have enjoyed watching the game for years but never have I seen so much versatility from a player than from you, MS. CANDACE PARKER! It has been such an honor to have you live, play basketball, and get a good education in one of the best cities in America, Knoxville, Tn. We truly are proud of our women's basketball program and the tradition here at the University of Tennessee Knoxville and of especially Ms. Pat Summitt! She has brought the game of women's basketball so far and the game is so much better because of you Pat and I thank you so much for giving us that! One thing that I always noticed about you Pat after the games is that you thanked all of the fans for being there and you let them know how much you appreciated them for being there. If you could go back and watch all of Tennessee's games these past two years then you will know why Tennessee Lady Vols have such good fans and why these players are destined to be number one in the nation!!! Yes, these championship games will undoubtedly make the teams a bit nervous when playing on such a national stage and even players that score double figures about every game might not be able to score so well in these tournaments but how do you think Tennessee got to this point in the first place - somebody on the team had to know how to score as well as defend and during all of the previous 30 games that Tennessee won that is what they did. Everyone has been going on about Candice Wiggins making all of those shots. Listen, if they are scoring that many points then that means that there is not any good defense or yet they wouldn't be scoring that many points. Here is some of Pat Summitt's famous words. She says that "Offense Sells Tickets, Defense Wins Games, and Rebounding Wins Championships!!! It makes good sense to me!!! Oh Yes, Tennessee's freshmen Angie Bjorklund shot one three after another during the season and fell short somewhat in the tournaments but boy oh boy did she make up for it with her defense(as Pat Summitt also says, "You might not be able to depend on making your shots all of the time but one thing you can count on is how you handle your defense and as we all know well by now that excellent defense can shut a hot handed shooting team completely down and that is what the lady vols did to the Stanford Cardinals), Alexis Hornbuckle scored high points at many of the games and the steals you made - YOU GO GIRL!!!, Nicky Anosike can play defense like nobody I have ever seen before and during the season she hit almost every one of her foul shots and many other shots and also scored high(ESPN never shows that, they mostly always point out the players faults - anyone that knows anything about sports at all knows that), Shannon Bobbitt is the fastest guard I have ever seen and can dribble that ball around in circles compared to many others I have seen, during the season she scored high scoring points as well and got the ball inside where it needed to be when necessary, to Ms. Parker, Alberta Auguste is also the greatest on defense and has also had high scoring during the season and has made points when we needed them most, Vicky Baugh, thank you for coming to Tennessee all the way from California and making such a contribution to this precious & tough Tennessee team, Alex Fuller, don't think that I have forgotten you, you stepped up many times when your team needed you scoring eighteen (18) pts. and more in some games and you are a tough defender as well as a very good shooter and your kindness and good looks has made it all the better for this team, Cait MacMahan, we haven't forgotten and I am glad that you will be there to play and support our team next year as one of our guards who has experience and we also love your Mom and we hope that her cancer is in remission, tell her we love her too, now Sydney Smallbone, we have watched you also grow with the team this year and are looking forward to you doing great things in 2009 and after and we also appreciate your hustle on defense and trying to make yourself a better player for the team, and Kelley Cain I have not seen you play any this year because of your injury but you have been around the whole season to see what it takes to win a national championship and I know that you will be there next year and be a force to be reckoned with and we fans can't wait. LADY VOLS, YOU LITERALLY SHUT THE CARDINALS DOWN, I MEAN SHUT THEM DOWN AND WE LOVED IT!!! TO ALL OF THE NAYSAYERS, ESPN AND FORMER LADY VOL KARA LAWSON, WE LOVE YOUR SUPPORT - NOT!!! We do love you Kara but you should know better! Anyway, thank to all who made these past few years of Tennessee womens basketball the best. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU GIRLS THAT ARE LEAVING AND WE HOPE THAT YOU KEEP IN TOUCH AND THAT WE SEE YOU ON THE NEWS LOCALLY FROM TIME TO TIME AND WE WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU CANDACE AND OTHERS PLAYING IN THE WNBA! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Kind Regards to All,

Mark T.
Kingston, Tn.

"ONE LOYAL FAN FOR SPORTS, ONE LOYAL FAN FOR THE TENNESSEE LADY VOLS - LADY VOL'S, YOU ROCK :rock: & YOU ROCK :rock: HARD"!!!

Went to my sister's graduation today, and saw Candace Parker among the graduates. Needless to say, I will miss her.

VN Store

Back