A thread for all the Vols that built us

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
I posted on social media just now that I know my grandfather has to be beaming ear to ear in heaven watching all these amazing games. Many of us were raised on this and it was a big part of how we connected with the people we loved most. VOLS footbal was my NFL team, and that love started with my grandfather. This thread is to celebrate those people and share their memories.

16474.jpeg

My old man and his 13 brothers and sisters. Half are UT graduates. The biggest of fans are my dad and his closest in age older brother who died last year immediately after we finished off Kentucky.

I haven't missed a game with dad this season period. I've seen him cry three times. Death of his mom when I was 5. Death of his brother last year. Death of Alabamas streak this year.

My old man and his 13 brothers and sisters. Half are UT graduates. The biggest of fans are my dad and his closest in age older brother who died last year immediately after we finished off Kentucky.

I haven't missed a game with dad this season period. I've seen him cry three times. Death of his mom when I was 5. Death of his brother last year. Death of Alabamas streak this year.
That's a big family and an awesome story

CragrockVol,I started at UT fall of 66 like you.The Presidential complex had just opened,New Hall North was the name.given for the guys dorm(now Reese Hall)and New Hall South (now Humes).The.cafeteria wasn't open at first,and Carrick was being built.I moved to Gibbs Hall for winter quarter of 67 and on.You must be getting.old!

Saturday's in the fall, for me was.. the entire family in front of the TV, Mom jumping up and down, my Dad ( God rest his soul ) yelling " go boy, go! " on every TD run or pass and my little brother and me bathed in Big Orange screaming and running wild through the chaos. Such a wonderful time. My Mother is probably the biggest Vols fan I know. She believes, God bless her that she is a jinx to the team when she watches... so she calls me for updates during games but sadly has never been inside our beloved Neyland stadium. I hope to bring her and my two kids to their first game next season, probably the Texas a&m game . God bless our Big Orange faithful and WGWTFA !!

VN Store

Back