A Sad Tale of the Tape

I don't know if you realize that the AD doesn't make a unilateral decision when hiring our HCs

True but the defense of Hamilton is asinine.

1. He is the AD - ultimately the failure and success of the athletic department falls on him.

2. He unilaterally offended Gary Patterson

3. He unilaterally put Patterson off by telling him he couldn't bring certain assistants

4. He is responsible for the day to day details such as contractual language, buyouts, etc. This is where we got screwed with Kiffin.

Fulmer's last 4 years was like a kick to the nuts. It stung, didnt feel good, but ultimately the program recovers after a bit. Hamilton's actions with his 2 football hires was after the kick in the nuts, Hammy pulled out a gun and shot you between the eyes.

True but the defense of Hamilton is asinine.

1. He is the AD - ultimately the failure and success of the athletic department falls on him.

2. He unilaterally offended Gary Patterson

3. He unilaterally put Patterson off by telling him he couldn't bring certain assistants

4. He is responsible for the day to day details such as contractual language, buyouts, etc. This is where we got screwed with Kiffin.

Fulmer's last 4 years was like a kick to the nuts. It stung, didnt feel good, but ultimately the program recovers after a bit. Hamilton's actions with his 2 football hires was after the kick in the nuts, Hammy pulled out a gun and shot you between the eyes.
I wasn' t defending Hamilton. I'm just stating most of the blame for our slide rests with Fulmer

Reactions: OneManGang
So there I was, at a brothel in Cadiz, Spain..
korea.png

I have no idea the origin of "tale of the tape" though your idea is perfectly plausible and likely. I just remember IBM rolling with the phrase and it was so super cool and "technical" back in the 80s.

I got a baseball signed at an event in Northgate Mall in Chattanooga. Bob Horner, Chris Chambliss, Glenn Hubbard, (? RF) Washington, and the Murph were all there. I was a happy kid.

Wow back in the day when baseball was actually good! I looked up to Dale Murphy as a kid. That was when the Dodgers were, weirdly, our main rivals in the NL west division. Things have sure changed a lot since then. Haven't seen a game or cared for it much since the late 90's.

Wow back in the day when baseball was actually good! I looked up to Dale Murphy as a kid. That was when the Dodgers were, weirdly, our main rivals in the NL west division. Things have sure changed a lot since then. Haven't seen a game or cared for it much since the late 90's.

Before the expansion to 3 divisions (then 4) in each league, Atlanta was in the NL West. I guess from their days in Milwaukee. Anyway, I'll never forget in 1993 the Braves won 104 games in the regular season and the Giants won 103. Imagine winning 103 games and not make the playoffs!

Eh, Fulmer was to blame for his bad OC hires, and his inability to see that the game was changing, and adapt, but he was still recruiting fairly well.

Hamilton being completely incompetent, and insisting on hiring Kiffin instead of Gary Patterson is what started UT on the path to where we are today.
on this you are 100% correct

Reactions: OneManGang

VN Store

Back