A record number of people watched the UGA game. And Vol Football is tweeting about it.

Not after 10, years of it. No.

We're the laughing stock of college football, but everyone wants to watch us get beat? I'm not buying it.
Id take it lmao......mostly because I have family that are Bama fans....Sad to say, even they pity me and thats embarrassing

Pretty sure a lot of people wanted to tune in and see a good ole fashion beat down of UT by a UGA team that makes ESPN announcers cream their pants. Even more probably tuned in when the scores flashed up that UT was in the lead at near halftime.....

I've had several Georgia fans tell me that they liked it much better when Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee were all competing for the East.

When was that, they did not beat UT from 1980 to 2000 and UF had a long streak during this period as well? I don't remember them being competitive at the same time as the Vols, maybe they did?

Reactions: Russdaddy2027
Pretty sure a lot of people wanted to tune in and see a good ole fashion beat down of UT by a UGA team that makes ESPN announcers cream their pants. Even more probably tuned in when the scores flashed up that UT was in the lead at near halftime.....

We're irrelevant, but relevant enough that people want to see us get beat down and ESPN "Creams their pants".

Remind me again why others laugh at us?

My Goodness. Lol.

We're irrelevant, but relevant enough that people want to see us get beat down and ESPN "Creams their pants".

Remind me again why others laugh at us?

My Goodness. Lol.

Well my goodness.....

I'm not sure I get your point if there is one....
Sometimes it is fun to watch another team get curb stomped when you know its coming and a lot of people tuned in for just that . & yes you nailed it We're irrelevant, but relevant enough that people want to see us get beat down
The Espn comment has 100% more to due with their infatuation of the dawgs than it does for anything related to UT.

***I can think of several reasons others laugh at "us" but none related to my post

Yeah it's never been this bad though.

So everyone wants to see us get beat because its never been this bad before? Sorry, makes even less sense to me.

I'm just not buying that we are the laughing stick of football and have been irrelevant for 10+ years, BUT everybody wanted to spend their Saturday night watching us get hammered.

So everyone wants to see us get beat because its never been this bad before? Sorry, makes even less sense to me.

I'm just not buying that we are the laughing stick of football and have been irrelevant for 10+ years, BUT everybody wanted to spend their Saturday night watching us get hammered.

Ok. Don't buy it lol.

I actually can't stand the sympathy, or faux-sympathy, from fans of other schools. That's the ultimate sign you are irrelevant - when other fans don't even give you a hard time anymore. I'd rather them josh us because it means that, at least on some level, we are actually still relevant to them. You don't talk smack to teams that don't matter. In sports, I think the absolute worst descriptor of your team or program is "irrelevant."

PK. that too.

Maybe it changes as the season goes on. So far its way down.

Ga State - 85,503
BYU - 92,475
UTc - 86, 208
Georgia - 92,709

Average so far this year: 89,223

2018 Neyland Stadium attendance per game
vs. ETSU 96,464
vs. UTEP 87,074
vs. Florida 100,027
vs. Alabama 97,087
vs. Charlotte 86,753
vs. Kentucky 95,258
vs. Missouri 88,224
Average 92,983

Neyland Stadium annual attendance since 2008
2018: 650,087 (7 games)
2017: 670,454 (7 games)
2016: 706,776 (7 games)
2015: 704,088 (7 games)
2014: 698,276 (7 games)
2013: 669,087 (7 games)
2012: 629,752 (7 games)
2011: 757,136 (8 games)
2010: 698,465 (7 games)
2009: 793,760 (8 games)
2008: 710,136 (7 games)

Tennessee football attendance down from last season's home opener
Tennessee announces crowd of 86,208 against UTC
BYU fans help Tennessee football attendance improve in second game
Georgia Bulldogs fans able to Light Up Sanford vs Vols at Neyland Stadium
Neyland Stadium attendance totals since Fulmer’s final season
You are comparing our current cupcake schedule to the full SEC schedule last year. Considering we lost to GA State and are 1-4 I’m proud to only be averaging 3000 less than last year.

I'm sure that record number of people that watched us get waxed included all our recruits.
Probably. We have some good recruiters and several more games to show progress and sell them.on being a part of it.

Yes it has and been worse, from 1954 to 1964 is one example.

Did have one undefeated regular season team in 56 and a pretty good team in 57 . Also different was that as bad as we were in Wyatt's last years he managed to get a big win every season until 62.
58- Beat both Alabama(in Bears first year) and Ole miss
59- Beat Auburn and LSU
60- Beat Alabama
61- Beat undefeated Ga Tech

Said it before, you folks don't realize how bad people (not just us Vols fans) want to see our team competitive again. Even Vols-haters love us.[/
I've had several Georgia fans tell me that they liked it much better when Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee were all competing for the East.
What did they say about losing to us?

I’m not sure their definition of competitive(Closer games but we still lose.) as I do(Win at home and take every other year at their place.).

No fan of another team wants the Vols to beat their team.

Who doesn’t like watching their team win a competitive game against a competitive team? That’s the definition of a good game.

Georgia is the #3 team in the country, so I'm hardly surprised it got a big rating. Alabama will be big too.
No-Quit, please quit!! Are you saying UGA the #3 team in the country-and maybe better than BAMA, is the reason so many people, bet, and watched the game? Come on, it had to be because they had heard UGA was going to take over Neyland with a checkering stunt-let's be real.

Record number watching TV because no one wants to waste time going to the games... attendance is going to be record low this year. It is already on pace to be the worst average attendance in about 30 years.
The cost of attending is getting tooooo high to warrant the trip (most of the time). The AD has admitted this, by offering the VolPass, now, if we were winning ticket sales would take care of themselves.

Probably. We have some good recruiters and several more games to show progress and sell them.on being a part of it.
We're going to need something more than "Good recruiters", we're going to need the slickest, pockets full of cash and car keys type recruiters.

VN Store

Back