A New Name In the Search For New Lady Vol Coach article

I think it is gonna come down to Kellie and a couple of others that have never been a head coach. I know that may be hard to hear for a lot of posters but it is probably gonna be true.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
another thing .... some people think all they have to do is mention a name and automatically assume
that coach X would jump at Tennessee. obviously for any number of reasons that might not be the case.

Why would anyone already coaching a successful program want to come in and take on this entitled group of princesses?

If I were at University “A” and I had a personality conflict with my AD (Hart or Hamilton). I would leave before I got fired or resigned
Yes, Bobby Knights style would work well with Lady Vols. They want a true leader and someone to teach them to win championships

If I were at University “A” and I had a personality conflict with my AD (Hart or Hamilton). I would leave before I got fired or resigned
Yes, Bobby Knights style would work well with Lady Vols. They want a true leader and someone to teach them to win championships
That would require them to be willing to learn

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I think it is gonna come down to Kellie and a couple of others that have never been a head coach. I know that may be hard to hear for a lot of posters but it is probably gonna be true.
That probably wont excite LadyVols fans enough to increase attendance

That probably wont excite LadyVols fans enough to increase attendance
girls-basketball-small-crowd.jpg

Yes, entitled. The players quit half way through the season. This is the generation that all got medals or ribbons for just showing up. Just showing up doesn't win national championships - or even conference championnships.

You might do some research before damning LVs based on generational stereotypes. They all have done a bit more than just "show up" for participation trophies:

Evina:
Member of the 2016 USA U18 National Team that captured the gold medal with a perfect 5-0 record at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship to qualify the USA for the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup.
  • 016 and 2017 USA Today Oregon Player of the year and All-Oregon first team.
  • 2017 Naismith, WBCA and MaxPreps All-America first team.
  • 2017 McDonald’s All-American who posted 10 points, four rebounds and four assists for the West Team in its 80-74 overtime loss to the East Team in the 2017 McDonald’s High School All-American Game.
  • Finished with eight points, three rebounds and four assists for the West Team in its 122-81 victory over the East Team in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic.
  • 2016 Naismith High School All-America honorable mention and Naismith Underclassman Watch List in 2016.
  • 2016 and 2017 Gatorade Oregon Player of the Year.
  • 2016 Oregon Sports Awards Female Prep Basketball Player of the Year.
Rennia
  • Ranked No. 9 overall and the No. 3 wing in the 2017 Prospectsnation.com Elite 150.
  • Ranked No. 12 overall and the No. 3 wing in the 2017 HoopGurlz espnW Top 100.
  • McDonald’s All-American (2017).
  • Played in Jordan Brand Classic (2017).
  • MaxPreps First-Team All-American (2017).
  • WBCA Honorable Mention All-American (2017).
  • Naismith Honorable Mention All-American (2017).
  • Florida Gatorade Girls Player of the Year (2017).
  • Florida Miss Basketball (2017).
  • FABC 4A All-State First Team (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).
  • Finished her career with 2,304 points.
  • Averaged 26.3 ppg., 10.5 rpg. and 3.4 apg. while leading the Trojans to the 2017 state title.
  • Averaged 20.3 ppg., 10.4 rpg. and 3.1 apg. as a junior in 2016 en route to a state championship.
  • Was named MVP of the 2016 Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals at Madison Square Garden.
  • Tallied 17.9 ppg. and 8.8 rpg. as a sophomore, and 12.0 ppg. and 4.9 rpg. as a freshman.
  • Career highs included 43 points, 21 rebounds, 11 assists and nine steals.
  • Member of National Honor Society and National Beta Club.
Zaay:
  • Ranked No. 10 overall and the No. 2 guard in the HoopGurlz espnW Top 100.
  • Ranked No. 23 overall and the No. 3 guard in the 2018 Prospectsnation.com Elite 150.
  • McDonald’s All-American (2018).
  • Naismith All-America Third-Team (2018).
  • MaxPreps Fourth-Team All-American (2018).
  • American Family Insurance ALL-USA Girls Basketball Third Team (2018).
  • American Family Insurance ALL-USA Texas Girls Basketball Team (2016, 2017, 2018)
  • Played in Jordan Brand Classic (2018).
  • Started in the McDonald’s All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic.
  • TABC 6A All-State (2017, 2018).
  • 6A State Championship MVP (2016, 2017) as Duncanville won state titles.
  • Dallas Morning News Girls Newcomer of the Year (2015).
  • Dallas Morning News Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2017).
  • Dallas Morning News All-Area Team (2018).
  • District 7-6A MVP (2018).
  • Averaged 15.5 ppg., 4.8 rpg., 3.7 apg. and 1.8 spg. as a senior.
  • Averaged 17.8 ppg., 5.1 rpg. and 3.1 apg. as a junior.
  • Earned Academic All-State honors at DHS.

I'd assume Fulmer is also exploring, or should, the FSU coach, ASU coach, Miami coach Katie Maier, and UCLA coach Close. Maybe MD's Frese and very good Duke tenure GG (ignore her TX debacle). Fulmer has a legendary chair at a legendary WCBB program which can tempt anyone outside of longtimers at legendary schools (Tara, Geno, and Muffet). Why not aim high? The toughest transition at Tenn is now in the past: following the legend. Following the first follower is almost easy. Expectations set lower now.

You might do some research before damning LVs based on generational stereotypes. They all have done a bit more than just "show up" for participation trophies:

Evina:
Member of the 2016 USA U18 National Team that captured the gold medal with a perfect 5-0 record at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship to qualify the USA for the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup.
  • 016 and 2017 USA Today Oregon Player of the year and All-Oregon first team.
  • 2017 Naismith, WBCA and MaxPreps All-America first team.
  • 2017 McDonald’s All-American who posted 10 points, four rebounds and four assists for the West Team in its 80-74 overtime loss to the East Team in the 2017 McDonald’s High School All-American Game.
  • Finished with eight points, three rebounds and four assists for the West Team in its 122-81 victory over the East Team in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic.
  • 2016 Naismith High School All-America honorable mention and Naismith Underclassman Watch List in 2016.
  • 2016 and 2017 Gatorade Oregon Player of the Year.
  • 2016 Oregon Sports Awards Female Prep Basketball Player of the Year.
Rennia
  • Ranked No. 9 overall and the No. 3 wing in the 2017 Prospectsnation.com Elite 150.
  • Ranked No. 12 overall and the No. 3 wing in the 2017 HoopGurlz espnW Top 100.
  • McDonald’s All-American (2017).
  • Played in Jordan Brand Classic (2017).
  • MaxPreps First-Team All-American (2017).
  • WBCA Honorable Mention All-American (2017).
  • Naismith Honorable Mention All-American (2017).
  • Florida Gatorade Girls Player of the Year (2017).
  • Florida Miss Basketball (2017).
  • FABC 4A All-State First Team (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).
  • Finished her career with 2,304 points.
  • Averaged 26.3 ppg., 10.5 rpg. and 3.4 apg. while leading the Trojans to the 2017 state title.
  • Averaged 20.3 ppg., 10.4 rpg. and 3.1 apg. as a junior in 2016 en route to a state championship.
  • Was named MVP of the 2016 Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals at Madison Square Garden.
  • Tallied 17.9 ppg. and 8.8 rpg. as a sophomore, and 12.0 ppg. and 4.9 rpg. as a freshman.
  • Career highs included 43 points, 21 rebounds, 11 assists and nine steals.
  • Member of National Honor Society and National Beta Club.
Zaay:
  • Ranked No. 10 overall and the No. 2 guard in the HoopGurlz espnW Top 100.
  • Ranked No. 23 overall and the No. 3 guard in the 2018 Prospectsnation.com Elite 150.
  • McDonald’s All-American (2018).
  • Naismith All-America Third-Team (2018).
  • MaxPreps Fourth-Team All-American (2018).
  • American Family Insurance ALL-USA Girls Basketball Third Team (2018).
  • American Family Insurance ALL-USA Texas Girls Basketball Team (2016, 2017, 2018)
  • Played in Jordan Brand Classic (2018).
  • Started in the McDonald’s All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic.
  • TABC 6A All-State (2017, 2018).
  • 6A State Championship MVP (2016, 2017) as Duncanville won state titles.
  • Dallas Morning News Girls Newcomer of the Year (2015).
  • Dallas Morning News Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2017).
  • Dallas Morning News All-Area Team (2018).
  • District 7-6A MVP (2018).
  • Averaged 15.5 ppg., 4.8 rpg., 3.7 apg. and 1.8 spg. as a senior.
  • Averaged 17.8 ppg., 5.1 rpg. and 3.1 apg. as a junior.
  • Earned Academic All-State honors at DHS.
I am well aware of their accolades. That doesn't change what I saw after about game 11 of the season.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
I am well aware of their accolades. That doesn't change what I saw after about game 11 of the season.
Exacctly! After the D3 part of the schedule was over all these All Americans played like 3rd graders! Most want to blame it all on Coaching and thats fine! Believe what makes you feel better!

Reactions: aretha57
She's one of the easiest on the eyes and she did well at Purdue. Dumpster fire at Florida, out of coaching for over a decade.

Rather have Fred Flintstone or the chick from Rice or ND asst. if Walz isn't available.

Exacctly! After the D3 part of the schedule was over all these All Americans played like 3rd graders! Most want to blame it all on Coaching and thats fine! Believe what makes you feel better!

My god, what does it take? Holly was putting out the mostly prepared teams imaginable. Players had no clue what the offensive sets were (other than fast break transitions) and their defense was ranked something like 145th in the country.

The buck stops with the coach. Well coached players play well; poorly coached players make mistakes.

When it wasn't Simmons' "fault," it was Diamond. Then Russell and Nared; now Davis and Westbrook.

The Holly ship has sailed. Acknowledge that her team had been trending downward over 4 years with different mixes of players. In no other program, would any one try to defend a coach with this kind of track record.

Yes, Holly may have been CPS' friend and replacements but that does not exempt on from having to do the job well to stay in the job.

Let it go, blaming it in the players is just poisoning the well, that right now is pretty toxic.

VN Store

Back