A message from Pruitt tonight to Tennessee fans and others

Perhaps you should be our coach....get your resume over to Fulmer immediately. Maybe you can get us the #1 Recruiting Class by Friday...GOOD LUCK COACH!! :thud:

Or if that doesn't work, go root for freaking GEORGIA. They have the #1 class so you should he a Happy Boy!

Fantastic comeback towards his legitimate complaints.

Another coach lover. Good job.

Reactions: 6 people
With all due respect there is zero chance of us having a top 10 class
This year duh, but next year we could probably have a Top 25 class by just signing In-State guys.

I'd be shocked if they don't pull in a Top 10 if not Top 5 class for 2019.

It's not Pruitt's fault your that dumb. He was very clear on where our expectations should be... and if he falls short of that - let your feelings be known.

I'll just go ahead and let them be known now. I think our AD overestimated CJP's importance in bringing talent to FSU and Bama. it was stupid to think we were going to peel anything away from Saban that he coudn't afford to lose. We got jobbed.

Reactions: 8 people
"For us the rankings don't really matter" sounds pretty much like an excuse to me. Might as well said "5-star hearts."

I'm just not sold on the guy yet. His win-loss record will tell the tale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I feel like a lot of people on here don’t follow recruiting until signing day.we were ranked in the 50s when Pruitt got here.to take us from that to top 20 with a chance to be top 10 is pretty dang good. Not amazing but still I don’t think dan Mullen could have done that

I don't follow it that closely. But I do know that we were top 5 ranked early in the season or preseason. Jones had a very good class developing before the wheels came off the season. Then we were at 50th.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll just go ahead and let them be known now. I think our AD overestimated CJP's importance in bringing talent to FSU and Bama. it was stupid to think we were going to peel anything away from Saban that he coudn't afford to lose. We got jobbed.

1 800-273-8255

You're welcome

"For us the rankings don't really matter" sounds pretty much like an excuse to me. Might as well said "5-star hearts."

I'm just not sold on the guy yet. His win-loss record will tell the tale.

That part did bug me a little. We don't care about rankings, but next year we will be At the top! Sorta contradictory.

Reactions: 3 people
CJP is a 180 out from jones-what a relief!!! I think we have gotten a Football coach, first time in at least five years!

I heard him say the word, "individual" during his PC this evening. I kept waiting for him to repeat it. He didn't. Weird!

You'd have to be delusional to expect much more than he was able to do with the way things went this year. We'll be back.

Reactions: 2 people
So far just empty promises and excuses. "This recruiting class sucks...but we'll get em next time I promise". Whatever. Even Dooley got 5 stars to come. We know Butch could recruit. Im just sick of excuses. UT recruits itself to a great extent. You don't get points for offering 4 and 5 stars. I constantly see these reports of "Vols offer 4 star from Georgia " etc. ...as if it means anything. My grandma could recruit a top 25 class to UT. Today was an abject failure....and I've had enough of these empty claims. Hell Schiano would of got us top 15 at the very least..aight?

Bless your heart. SMH

Reactions: 4 people
After the disastrous season of 2017, fans should be reminded, that Pruitt had little to no time to recruit for 2018.
2019 should be much better, but it may take several years if not longer to get back to winning consistently, patience and more patience will be the new norm, no?:popcorn:

8th in the SEC and a worse performance in recruiting than even Dooley in the 3 weeks or so he had following the Kiffin fiasco. All I have to say is he better be a damn excellent coach.

So please, by all means, what was Kiffins record at Tennessee again?

Fantastic comeback towards his legitimate complaints.

Another coach lover. Good job.

Its not legitomate complaints. Its dumb drivel conjured up by yet another Vol fan who set unreal and idiotic expectations. I guess you are in that same group. This season is gonna be tough for you I bet.

Reactions: 3 people
8th in the SEC and a worse performance in recruiting than even Dooley in the 3 weeks or so he had following the Kiffin fiasco. All I have to say is he better be a damn excellent coach.

Remind me when Dooley took over a 4-8 program that was winless in the SEC and had tumultuous coaching search that was national sports headlines? When you let me know when that happened then you can criticize Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people

That's idiotic man. How is Pruitt the blame for not getting us a top class? What's he suppose to say!? "Oh hey, look I've only been here for two months with nothing to show for except taking over a dumpster fire. Please top recruits, don't go to these top college programs and come to UT even though UT has just started recruiting you. Don't consider the teams in the CFP please. "

Please man up and realize that it's not always the coaches fault.

Reactions: 6 people
Sooooo...
He doesn't put much stock in recruiting rankings. quote: "For us the rankings don't really matter".
But he makes it a point that NEXT year..he'll be laser focused on achieving the #1 ranking. even though those ranking don't matter.
??????????
He basically just said I'm not taking any responsibility for the 2018 season but just you "Wait til next year". :eek:
I like this guy. I believe he wants to build a SOLID team. It's going to be a real challenge to bring in the talent it takes to compete at the top 5 level that Tennessee expects, and he knows it. I think he's warning against "irrational exuberance".
I suspect he could get a real and immediate turnaround going if he was coaching in the Ohio Valley Conference. In the SEC....not so much. It's going to take time and we need to let it happen. I think that's what he's trying to tell us.

I think fans and media criticism of CBJ compounded by injuries no coach could overcome was responsible for the poor season last year. That said I am very willing to give coach Pruitt support. Maybe we missed out on some recruits but I truly believe this staff will develop talent. Ask yourselfs how many 5*s Bruce Pearl has at Auburn if you don't think coaching isn't the greatest factor in winning football games.

VN Store

Back