A Memphis Wedding

jcolli30

Let's Hug it Out
So I just got back from my brother's wedding and it was an interesting one. They are all Memphis alum, and me and the Maid of Honor were the only UT fans there so we were shunned the entire wedding. Then I had to walk out to Memphis' fight song when they were introducing the wedding party which was terrible in itself. So I was sitting there and all of a sudden Rocky Top gets played. The boos immediately follow and the DJ switches it to the Memphis fight song....I wasn't going down without a fight! I sang Rocky Top as loud as I could. Then I got, "Well why is Memphis a #1 seed and UT is a #2," to which I said, "Because their in a $h***y league." I got no response.

So I thought I'd let you guys in on that one.

So I just got back from my brother's wedding and it was an interesting one. They are all Memphis alum, and me and the Maid of Honor were the only UT fans there so we were shunned the entire wedding. Then I had to walk out to Memphis' fight song when they were introducing the wedding party which was terrible in itself. So I was sitting there and all of a sudden Rocky Top gets played. The boos immediately follow and the DJ switches it to the Memphis fight song....I wasn't going down without a fight! I sang Rocky Top as loud as I could. Then I got, "Well why is Memphis a #1 seed and UT is a #2," to which I said, "Because their in a $h***y league." I got no response.

:crazy:

I'm sure you made their party better:no:

maybe not better but he definitely raised the collective IQ

Would you want someone singing another schools fight song at your wedding .

If it was already planned to sing their schools fight song , then it seems kinda rude to me , ecspecially at their wedding . Sometimes it's probably best to bite your lip and let the couple enjoy their day , instead of trying to enforce your school spirit where it isn't wanted .

This doesn't matter which school you pull for , it's just rude .

Would you want someone singing another schools fight song at your wedding .

If it was already planned to sing their schools fight song , then it seems kinda rude to me , ecspecially at their wedding . Sometimes it's probably best to bite your lip and let the couple enjoy their day , instead of trying to enforce your school spirit where it isn't wanted .

This doesn't matter which school you pull for , it's just rude .
I would not start out with the intro to Rocky Top then...

Also, plenty of my friends and family in the Marines definitely made their presence known by singing that silly song about conquests made in Mexico and against the Ottomans at the turn of the century...the 19th Century that is!

as my wife and i were pronounced husband and wife...the organist played a verse of rocky top as we walked up the isle....that was cool...and i still remember 13 years later

as my wife and i were pronounced husband and wife...the organist played a verse of rocky top as we walked up the isle....that was cool...and i still remember 13 years later

It could've been messed up real quick if one of your guest jumped on singing BAMAs fight song:)

Alabama has the very worst fight song in all of sports. I would reckon that any Bama fan that would be respectable enough to be invited to my wedding would have the common decency to feel great shame singing a song about playing two teams that are not in their same division (one of which is not even in their conference!) and playing in a bowl game that traditionally invites the winners of the Big Ten and Pac-10, respectively.

I could understand if Auburn mentioned UGA and GT in their fight song...after all Auburn is only thirty minutes from the Georgia border...apparently though, it seems as if the children from Tuscaloosa need a little geography lesson...

Maybe they should have and you could of enjoyed them singing the bama fight song at your wedding:p
they would have know better...but as we left, someone had wrote BAMA on our winshield with soap...good thing we had a back up plan and went in her car and not my truck...:p

VN Store

Back