A&M is who we need to be worried about poaching CTV

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
this was in the D1 Baseball weekly chat a few days ago........

Aggie Josh: Did we just see the real Texas A&M in Frisco? Is this finally the end of Rob Childress, he’s had a lot of slack in that rope.

Kendall Rogers: Josh — First of all, no team is going to fire a coach after the first three weekends. And it’s ridiculous to insinuate a coach should be fired for one bad weekend.
With that said, there’s no doubt the Aggies played some brutally bad baseball (defensively and offensively) over the weekend. They were simply outclassed by a team like UCLA. I still feel great about the pitching staff, but the defense must get better and the offense now has something to prove yet again. There are concerns with A&M — but ready to throw in the towel on them? Hardly.

A&M has already proved they will pay top $$ by making Jimbo Fisher the 4th highest paid coach in College Football. The baseball facilities are very very good and their fan base is phenomenal.

Message Board yahoo's are already picking who they want as their next coach, Coaches List | TexAgs

Last edited:
Reactions: Titan05
I think money is a big factor, but another big factor is that TN is a fertile state when it comes to baseball recruiting. As long as we continue to have success, Vitello will be rewarded. I don't worry about anyone else because we have Phillip Fulmer at the helm.

I think money is a big factor, but another big factor is that TN is a fertile state when it comes to baseball recruiting. As long as we continue to have success, Vitello will be rewarded. I don't worry about anyone else because we have Phillip Fulmer at the helm.

Tenn really isn’t a fertile state especially when you are in a thread talking about Texas

Tenn really isn’t a fertile state especially when you are in a thread talking about Texas

Fair point, but I wouldn't consider TN inferior. There's plenty of talent instate for the sport of baseball. Maybe you could argue more teams in Texas would detract from the quality haul you could take from that state.

Fair point, but I wouldn't consider TN inferior. There's plenty of talent instate for the sport of baseball. Maybe you could argue more teams in Texas would detract from the quality haul you could take from that state.

Tenn is one of lesser states in the SEC blueprint of states for talent.
Georgia, florida and Texas are light years ahead in terms of talent

What makes you say that?

Just go to perfect game and see how many more top rated players from those 3 states there are. Or check and see the draft numbers over the years

Tenn is better than Kentucky, Arkansas and maybe Missouri when it comes to talent but that’s about it when comparing states

Didn't Vandy just win an NC a couple of years ago with a bunch of TN kids?

They have won two of them but I certainly wouldn’t say they have a “bunch of TN” kids

I don’t think they have a single Tenn kid in their starting 9 right now. Their Friday night guy is but that’s it iirc

Reactions: jeff1vol
Here you go guys.
Just for this 2020 class
The first number is top 100 players from each state and the second is for players inside the top500 as rated by PG

Florida-25-81
Georgia-5-45
Texas-7-36
Alabama-0-15
South Carolina-1-13
Arkansas-3-12
Tenn-3-11
Miss-4-9
Mizz-0-8
Louisiana 1-7
Kentucky 1-5

2020 is a down year for Louisiana as I’d say they usually have more but as you can see Tenn isn’t a “talent Rich” state

Here you go guys.
Just for this 2020 class
The first number is top 100 players from each state and the second is for players inside the top500 as rated by PG

Florida-25-81
Georgia-5-45
Texas-7-36
Alabama-0-15
South Carolina-1-13
Arkansas-3-12
Tenn-3-11
Miss-4-9
Mizz-0-8
Louisiana 1-7
Kentucky 1-5

2020 is a down year for Louisiana as I’d say they usually have more but as you can see Tenn isn’t a “talent Rich” state
Summitt didn't win championships with just Tennessee kids, neither did Neyland or Fulmer. It's a cold fact: a great coach is first a great recruiter.

Summitt didn't win championships with just Tennessee kids, neither did Neyland or Fulmer. It's a cold fact: a great coach is first a great recruiter.

Sure and TV is doing that but that wasn’t the topic

You realize the topic was that the OP said the state of Tenn was a Talent rich area ??

The OP was that we should be worried A&M will steal Vitello. 😏

The Shelby County area has a lot of players but those kids are already going to MSU, Ole Miss, and Arky. Until we get facilities that arent bottom tier in the SEC, then this will always be a worry.

The OP was that we should be worried A&M will steal Vitello. 😏
OP- other post

Here it is in case you need help finding it even though I quoted it before

I look at it like this.

CTV is a first time head coach, we gave him that shot.

He has a chance to build a program and become a legend like the guy down the road 175 miles to the West.

Fulmer hates, Hates, HATES!!! That school. Nothing would be sweeter than to make them take a back seat to The UT in the sport of baseball.

He may be looking, who knows, but we have the resources, we all know it.

Reactions: feathersax
I look at it like this.

CTV is a first time head coach, we gave him that shot.

He has a chance to build a program and become a legend like the guy down the road 175 miles to the West.

Fulmer hates, Hates, HATES!!! That school. Nothing would be sweeter than to make them take a back seat to The UT in the sport of baseball.

He may be looking, who knows, but we have the resources, we all know it.

recruiting ground
Tv has a history in Texas
Fan support
$

I don’t think there is any way to keep him from going if they come calling

Reactions: Titan05
recruiting ground
Tv has a history in Texas
Fan support
$

I don’t think there is any way to keep him from going if they come calling
New tactic. Can’t bash him...so hope someone hires him away so you can bash the next guy. Bruin 101.

VN Store

Back