A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

I love my basketball but man, so many games decided by sloppy officiating. It's really a nuisance for the sport.
Especially when the game's winner moves onto the national championship game and they do not call the double dribble. Hell even brown #2 player for Auburn (who was guarding the guy) was calling double dribble right after dude did it. Pretty damn sad but nothing happens to an official when they screw up. The amount of money they will get from this point forward for calling a final four game and make this boo boo. Geez

Reactions: Zues1
Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.
Tennessee got robbed but Auburn didn't that was clearly a foul full body contact from the waist down. You can't hit a player like that and not get called.

Rule change needed. No shooting foul called on the last possession except for outright mugging! I THOUGHT that was basically understood.

Actually, that’s the whole issue. If you possess the ball with both hands after dribbling you can’t continue to dribble. That is what constitutes a double dribble.
Yeah, I was a little bit of confused by what he was saying, but it does clear up something for me that bothered me for many years is that Magic Johnson in my mind double dribbled every time he went down the floor by palming the ball in one hand. By this definition I suppose he was actually legal.

It sure would be a better game if you, and all these other experts, wore the whistle and treated us to perfectly officiated games every game.

T-town: I have a question for you. Not sure when you refereed but are the basketball referees today better trained than 20-30 years ago? As a spectator, it seems like NCAA basketball is far superior now than 30 years ago. The speed of the game is faster, but the refereeing is worse. Is it possible that the referees' abilities aren't keeping up with the players' abilities?

Yeah if you're talking about the double dribble then yeah they got robbed. The foul on the three was the correct call in this instance, but it was not in Turners instance.

Rule change needed. No shooting foul called on the last possession except for outright mugging! I THOUGHT that was basically understood.
when you knock a guy 5 feet from his normal landing spot I think that classifies as a mugging. I think that rules should never change no matter what the game situation

First they completely Blow a double dribble. Then we had a very similar call to the one on LT in the Purdue game. Notice how they haven't interviewed Bruce Pearl yet! Would love to hear his take!
Heard his interview close after the game. Thought the handled it with class. I know Barnes is doing a really good job, but I wish Bruce was back on the hill.
Come where during the game the color man (i belive) stated his sin was the lie about a barbque. They way I understood the way he said it, he thought the reaction by UT and the NCAA penalty were a little much.

Neither coach, no player or the commentators noticed it. That was an odd ball occurrence that they got wrong. I can see them missing that one.

Why? It was in open court no one was really close tp him. It happened right there before God and everybody. I saw it and wondered if there had been a rule change, as you see it happen like this or close to this all the time.

I don’t feel bad for auburn. #sourgrapes. And for what it’s wotth...that’ll always be the problem with basketball. Especially college basketball. It requires a tremendous amount of luck from the officials to win virtually every single close game Tennessee lost this year could’ve easily been a win if the whistles went our way. The officials absolutely determine who won or loses in a class game.

Reactions: amorange
In real time didn't it appear the auburn player got in and caused the mishandle? His left arm goes in at the same time as guy lost the ball. No one saw it in real time including the refs. I call bs if a lot of people claim to have caught the double dribble in real time.

In real time didn't it appear the auburn player got in and caused the mishandle? His left arm goes in at the same time as guy lost the ball. No one saw it in real time including the refs. I call bs if a lot of people claim to have caught the double dribble in real time.
It was an obvious double dribble and while watching in real time it looked awkward AF. But the foul leading to that double dribble was plain as day too

T-town: I have a question for you. Not sure when you refereed but are the basketball referees today better trained than 20-30 years ago? As a spectator, it seems like NCAA basketball is far superior now than 30 years ago. The speed of the game is faster, but the refereeing is worse. Is it possible that the referees' abilities aren't keeping up with the players' abilities?

I got out because I no longer had the time to devote because of kids and job.
The money in NCAA sports warrants that football and basketball officials be full time employees that are much better trained and experienced.
Adding a third official only put a band-aid on the problem.

I think you're confused
Not confused at all. If Virginia was ever going to score again they had to get the ball back therefore they had to foul four straight times in order for Auburn to start shooting free throws and hope they miss which they did on one of them.

Not confused at all. If Virginia was ever going to score again they had to get the ball back therefore they had to foul four straight times in order for Auburn to start shooting free throws and hope they miss which they did on one of them.
Go back and watch a replay of the game

VN Store

Back