A Host of Volunteers Podcast

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I haven't listened to any of these yet, and don't have any affiliation with those providing this content. It rolled into my inbox, I think on a twitter feed.. Anyway, this may be old news to some, but it looks interesting. Erring on the side of "you've never heard of it". Would love to hear comments on this.

On a personal note, I love the artwork!! ;)

‎A Host of Volunteers on Apple Podcasts

I haven't listened to any of these yet, and don't have any affiliation with those providing this content. It rolled into my inbox, I think on a twitter feed.. Anyway, this may be old news to some, but it looks interesting. Erring on the side of "you've never heard of it". Would love to hear comments on this.

These are really well done & worth the listen for VOL fans.

I have listened to the Jeff Powell episode and the 1988 episode, and both were really well done. Lots of interviews, recordings from the Vol archives, and John Ward play calls. It's like a radio version of 30-for-30.

I’ve listened to all of them numerous times. If you’re interested in personal stories of players in the context of the history of Tennessee football, you’ll want to listen. If you want to hear interviews with former coaches and players and others affiliated with the program, you’ll want to listen. If you want to hear a ton of plays/games called by John Ward and Bill Anderson, you’ll want to listen.

Only issue I have with them is their inconsistency with producing episodes....took nearly 3 months to do this last one after rolling the initial 5 episodes every 2-3 weeks. If you can be patient, they’re well worth it imo.

Reactions: ptcarter

I’ve listened to all of them and love them. A lot of stories I didn’t know, and games I’ve never heard broadcasts from. If you appreciate Vol history, I think you’ll really enjoy them.

They are great! Listen to them with my son and he enjoys them too.

Doug Mathews had Barry Rice on his "Big Orange Sunday" radio show 02-23-20. Barry and Ben Bates are the guys working behind the scenes on this. Doug introduced this the same way I did - not many know about it and it is excellent. Sounds like there are many more to come. Stay tuned - this is good stuff. Sounds like Barry will be back on Doug's radio show. Please support this effort.

Reactions: thehill98
Doug Mathews had Barry Rice on his "Big Orange Sunday" radio show 02-23-20. Barry and Ben Bates are the guys working behind the scenes on this. Doug introduced this the same way I did - not many know about it and it is excellent. Sounds like there are many more to come. Stay tuned - this is good stuff. Sounds like Barry will be back on Doug's radio show. Please support this effort.
I think it’s a great filler why we don’t have any Vols football going on. Takes me back to listening to Ward and Anderson back before every game was televised. Fun thing to crank up and go outside by a good fire on a nice night and hear some great moments of TN football history.

After stumbling onto this thread I listened to a few today. Great nostalgia. My first game ever was the 1971 Penn State game, so the Bobby Majors episode was fun for me. Some interesting stuff I didn't remember. Such as future Heisman Trophy winner John Cappelletti tackling Majors on the opening kickoff. And George Hunt miraculously coming up short on a 32 yard field goal attempt.

The Jeff Powell episode was real real good.

VN Store

Back