A Few Questions - How Many We Can We Sign in 2020?

I think your interpretation’s wrong. We’ll see.

I'm going off the actual bylaws and 247, as well as aking VQ themselves.

Also, the issue has already been decided - his release seemed to change nothing. Even if he actually released a signing spot or IC, they'd need to use it in the 2019 class. A released spot would apply to either the current class (2018, it happening 12/18) OR the following class (2019). It clearly seemed to change nothing and there's no way they can use something from December 2018 and use it for the 2020 class. So talking about it like it has impact on the 2020 class is just absurd.

As for the quote itself from VQ - I think they are somewhere between loose with words (IC vs Counter, which is what they likely meant) and just plain ignorant on the topic, from reading them since. The article seemed strange at the time, because the writer just said it in passing and it would seem to be a huge story, if true. Btw, this was not mentioned by ANY other outlet...again, strange. But I do remember he used the language of "initial counter", not just "counter", and he had nothing to say about the signing spot. So I tweeted him to get clarification. He never responded. I later read various VQ postings having to do with numbers and the staff consistently showed NO sense of understanding how they worked, one time basically telling a poster they were "too complicated" to explain.

It's sad to say, but I truly have no faith VQ understands the bylaws anyway...but Callahan has proven time and time again to understand them well enough to explain them to poster after poster. So, does he say we can take 26? No, he has said all we can take are 25.

Regardless of all this, we are at the 25 limit, if we are willing to use blueshirt(s).

"So what does it mean for Pruitt and the program? Antonutti will remain on academic scholarship but will not count toward the scholarship number of 85 for football. The football program was granted his initial scholarship back from last season.

In Pruitt’s first class, he took three graduate transfers which have to count as one of your 25 yearly signees at some point. If your class is full, then they have to count forward into the next year. With Antonutti receiving a medical hardship, Pruitt now has more flexibility with his numbers in the class of 2019."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh yes, thank you Chatta. I knew it was something weird, the terminology that is. "Initial scholarship" throws up so many red flags...they don't even know the terminology. They most likely mean his counter spot. If they mean initial counter AND signing spot, then they have a lot more to explain. Literally no one else in the universe has stated this, so it would be some good news.

If any VQ poster would like to pose this question to the writer - that would be great.

Last edited:
I'm going off the actual bylaws and 247, as well as aking VQ themselves.

Also, the issue has already been decided - his release seemed to change nothing. Even if he actually released a signing spot or IC, they'd need to use it in the 2019 class. A released spot would apply to either the current class (2018, it happening 12/18) OR the following class (2019). It clearly seemed to change nothing and there's no way they can use something from December 2018 and use it for the 2020 class. So talking about it like it has impact on the 2020 class is just absurd.

As for the quote itself from VQ - I think they are somewhere between loose with words (IC vs Counter, which is what they likely meant) and just plain ignorant on the topic, from reading them since. The article seemed strange at the time, because the writer just said it in passing and it would seem to be a huge story, if true. Btw, this was not mentioned by ANY other outlet...again, strange. But I do remember he used the language of "initial counter", not just "counter", and he had nothing to say about the signing spot. So I tweeted him to get clarification. He never responded. I later read various VQ postings having to do with numbers and the staff consistently showed NO sense of understanding how they worked, one time basically telling a poster they were "too complicated" to explain.

It's sad to say, but I truly have no faith VQ understands the bylaws anyway...but Callahan has proven time and time again to understand them well enough to explain them to poster after poster. So, does he say we can take 26? No, he has said all we can take are 25.

Regardless of all this, we are at the 25 limit, if we are willing to use blueshirt(s).
I’ve never said we’re taking 26. I’m saying we’re at 24 because Solomon and Gibbs counted against 2020...knocking us down to 23...and with Antonutti’s medical, we got 1 back. That’s back down to 23 if Harris qualifies. I believe this and nothing been presented to change that.

"So what does it mean for Pruitt and the program? Antonutti will remain on academic scholarship but will not count toward the scholarship number of 85 for football. The football program was granted his initial scholarship back from last season.

In Pruitt’s first class, he took three graduate transfers which have to count as one of your 25 yearly signees at some point. If your class is full, then they have to count forward into the next year. With Antonutti receiving a medical hardship, Pruitt now has more flexibility with his numbers in the class of 2019."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh yes, thank you Chatta. I knew it was something weird, the terminology that is. "Initial scholarship" throws up so many red flags...they don't even know the terminology. They most likely mean his counter spot. If they mean initial counter AND signing spot, then they have a lot more to explain. Literally no one else in the universe has stated this, so it would be some good news.

If any VQ poster would like to pose this question to the writer - that would be great.

You’re getting yourself confused with counters...stick to booths.

I’ve never said we’re taking 26. I’m saying we’re at 24 because Solomon and Gibbs counted against 2020...knocking us down to 23...and with Antonutti’s medical, we got 1 back. That’s back down to 23 if Harris qualifies. I believe this and nothing been presented to change that.

A. Solomon and Gibbs don't...Harris and K. Solomon would, remember they are the ones blueshirting.

I guess the answer is the same if you believe me or believe yourself - 25 is still the max. It is only if we take 2 or 1 blueshirts next year. We have to blueshirt regardless to reach 25 next year and I'd assume Pruitt wants to flip this roster any way he can.

You’re getting yourself confused with counters...stick to booths.

I don't gather you know what any of this means. You were confused on all of this last Fall and are still just as confused now. But go ahead and follow...1 misworded quote from VQ as opposed to, literally anyone else.

The fact that you believe A. Solomon counts to 2020 is ALL I need to know of your understanding of any of this.

A. Solomon and Gibbs don't...Harris and K. Solomon would, remember they are the ones blueshirting.

I guess the answer is the same if you believe me or believe yourself - 25 is still the max. It is only if we take 2 or 1 blueshirts next year. We have to blueshirt regardless to reach 25 next year and I'd assume Pruitt wants to flip this roster any way he can.
I’ve never said 26 or more...not sure where you ran off the road thinking I did. You can only issue 25 scholarships in a school year...that’s why we essentially chose Brandon Kennedy over Brant Lawless. We used blueshirts on Bryce Thompson and Brandon Davis last year...that’s why we’re down to 23. Can’t reconcile what roster flexibility VQ was referencing if Antonutti’s medical doesn’t register in the 25 numbers.

I don't gather you know what any of this means. You were confused on all of this last Fall and are still just as confused now. But go ahead and follow...1 misworded quote from VQ as opposed to, literally anyone else.

The fact that you believe A. Solomon counts to 2020 is ALL I need to know of your understanding of any of this.

Why does it have to be that THEY misquoted? Maybe YOU misquoted Callahan? Been known to happen. When we were considering Gardner Minshew as a graduate transfer, he mentioned that the staff were considering using a blueshirt to get him in...I know I know, MISQUOTED. 😴 Keep on knowing stuff on your own terms.

VN Store

Back