A Basketball Poll for Vol fans only:

I don’t want this team in our NCAA Regional with us.

• Duke

Votes: 68 23.1%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 46 15.6%
  • Gonzaga

Votes: 51 17.3%
  • Virginia

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • N.Carolina

Votes: 48 16.3%
  • LSU

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Gonzaga is perfectly built and they’re a well oiled machine. This is their year to finally win a championship. They should have two years ago.

Quoted for posterity.

With rare exception, the 'zags are the most underperforming team in the NCAA.

Call me crazy but I don’t want to play Gonzaga. Despite them losing last night. We beat them once and I would rather not play them again. I don’t think were consistently playing the level of defense we’d need to beat them again. Also, it would almost certainly mean we’d be playing them in Anaheim. No thanks.

In order of preference:

Michigan St
Michigan
UNC
Duke (assuming Zion plays)
UVA
Gonzaga

I think by far we match up best against MSU. I actually think UNC and Michigan are close to a tossup.

In order of preference:

Michigan St
Michigan
UNC
Duke (assuming Zion plays)
UVA
Gonzaga

I think by far we match up best against MSU. I actually think UNC and Michigan are close to a tossup.
Best case scenario: We win the SEC Tourney and get a 1 seed and are in the same region as a Zionless 2 seed Duke.

Best case scenario: We win the SEC Tourney and get a 1 seed and are in the same region as a Zionless 2 seed Duke.
Tbh the biggest reason I want to be a 1 seed is to play a 4 seed in the S16. I think Texas Tech or Houston would be very tough matchups for us. I think we’d match up fairly well against Purdue, but outside of the blip at Minnesota, they’ve been playing really well the second half of the season.

The projected 4 seeds look much more favorable... Kansas, Florida St, Wisconsin and especially Kansas St

I picked Michigan but mainly because since Belein has been there they are good at making it to 2nd and 3rd weekends.

I’m going with UNC.

They’re the hottest team in the country right now who can put up points in a hurry.

VN Store

Back