A Basketball Poll for Vol fans only:

I don’t want this team in our NCAA Regional with us.

• Duke

Votes: 68 23.1%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 46 15.6%
  • Gonzaga

Votes: 51 17.3%
  • Virginia

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • N.Carolina

Votes: 48 16.3%
  • LSU

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Vfl2407

The one team that I really hope is not in our NCAA regional with us is ________________.

I can see them putting Kentucky in the region
I think Tennessee matches up well with Duke
Running/scoring with NC and Virginia would be problematic
I’d like to see Gonzaga/Tenn

I voted for Virginia

One of the bracketing rules is that the Top 4 teams from each conference that are seeded 4 or better must be placed in separate regions. Tennessee, KY, and LSU will thus be in separate regions, as will Duke/UNC/UVA, Mich/Mich St, etc.

In that case I hope it’s Duke that Tennessee has to play. I don’t buy Zions injury being minimal

UNC is the hottest team in basketball right now, not counting Gonzaga who hasn’t played anyone in 3 months and Virginia who always flames out at tournament time.

Reactions: tnvols72
Kentucky --- more than likely will not be in our region no matter what seed they are or we are.
Gonzaga --- means we go to the West Region as a 2 seed. Plenty to choose from Michigan and Michigan State.
LSU --- More than likely will not be in our region and will be penalized look for them to be a 3 or 4 seed on Planet ORB.

VA --- means we are a 2 seed
Duke -- Higher probably but with or without Zion is the question.
UNC --- Higher probably if they land a 1 Seed.
Michigan State --- Another likely candidate.

Houston not mentioned, would be the team I would not want to face the most. Followed by UNC and then Duke with Zion.

Duke with a healthy Zion is pretty much unstoppable...would hate to see them in our region if he is healthy.
Runner up to that is UNC, depending on how they do in the ACC tourney.

Everyone else is welcome to step up to a disgruntled Vols team and get some.

One of the bracketing rules is that the Top 4 teams from each conference that are seeded 4 or better must be placed in separate regions. Tennessee, KY, and LSU will thus be in separate regions, as will Duke/UNC/UVA, Mich/Mich St, etc.

I believe that you are mistaken. The guideline for teams from the same conference is that they can't meet each other before the regional final games. UT could be the 2 seed in the same region as a 1 seed Ky. As somebody mentioned in another thread, the exception to that rule is if you have 3 teams from the same conference in the same region because the other 3 regions already have 2 teams from that conference already.

I believe that you are mistaken. The guideline for teams from the same conference is that they can't meet each other before the regional final games. UT could be the 2 seed in the same region as a 1 seed Ky. As somebody mentioned in another thread, the exception to that rule is if you have 3 teams from the same conference in the same region because the other 3 regions already have 2 teams from that conference already.
If Tennessee doesn't win the SEC Tournament it wont surprise me if they wind up a #3 Seed

We matchup really well with Duke and they're terrible from 3 so they'd be our most desirable matchup on the list. Least desirable matchup would be Gonzaga or Virginia

Gonzaga is perfectly built and they’re a well oiled machine. This is their year to finally win a championship. They should have two years ago.

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back