99gator's 2019 prediction thread

Ok, first question. Why are you repeat offender on a UT thread?
Second question. Where do you live? If it's not TN, then your "handle the heat" comment is invalid.
#3. Our coaches are pumped to go on the road. A large number of our players are underclassmen. They've not had the displeasure of losing to your kind. They're the best players on our team. How much adversity have they really faced?
#4 Can tn run the ball? Better than your overrated Perine, and it's not even close.
#5 Can TN score td instead of scoring field goals? Maybe, I'll laugh my a** off when money Cimaglia wins us the game, or when our white Dobbs makes a clutch play past the pylon.
#6. Stopping the run is a given, not that your run game is even a worry lol. You realize Pruitt is a master at camouflaging a blitz right? Pressuring your savior Trask is key. KY didn't get it done because they were in their 3 deep by the time he saw the field. Their loss, our gain. Daring back-up boy to pass is our smoke-screen.
BT's gonna come in hot on this game.
If by big plays you mean coughing up the ball, you're right. We've done that a lot against y'all. If you're basing your superiority off that vs winning because you're the better team? I have no answer other than šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Fantastic reply!!
Go Vols!!

I canā€™t really disagree with your analysis, as much as I hate to admit it. I do think we will pressure the QB, though.

That said, hope springs eternal and if there is anything predictable about college ball, itā€™s that anything can happen. We are fully capable of beating FL, but it will come down to do we have the desire. We shall see.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Itā€™s that time of year again.

A lot of my concerns for Tennessee have nothing to do with matchups. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll handle the heat as I still question their conditioning/depth. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll handle adversity well (and there are ups and downs in every game). I think the mental breakdowns are typically worse on the road than at home. I donā€™t know how many in the locker room really ā€œbelieveā€ they will win. Itā€™s something everyone says, but I donā€™t know how many of them truly think it. And thereā€™s still something about how they opened up against Georgia State that still doesnā€™t sit well. To mail it in for a game to open the season to that extreme still has me thinking something is wrong.

As for matchups, I think one thing Tennessee can do is throw the ball up to Jennings and Callaway and let them go get it. I at least give that a shot 5-10 times during the game. If successful at all, I do it even more. Can Tennessee run the ball? Can JG make good decision? Can Tennessee score TDā€™s instead of kicking FGā€™s? Iā€™m leaning toward ā€œnoā€

Defensively, I disagree with a lot of folks on the board. I donā€™t think you blitz and come after Trask. You stop the run and make Trask prove he can play by limiting big plays and making Florida have to execute on 10+ play drives. Big plays have killed Tennessee particularly against Florida. Most blitzes have man coverage (yes, I know there are zone blitzes), and are easy for a QB to read. I would want Trask to prove he can read the defense and make throws repeatedly. I wouldnā€™t want to blitz, have him hit a guy and watch a Florida receiver make a guy miss or run away from someone and get yardage in chunks.

Now, I think Florida is better overall, but itā€™s the stuff that has nothing to do with matchups that I think poses the biggest problem for Tennessee. I donā€™t think a blowout happens because I donā€™t think Florida is good enough to blow someone out.

But, I expect Florida to get it done, something along the lines of 27-16.

Good luck.
I agree with you that Florida isnā€™t good enough to blow ANYBODY out.......except for Tennessee.

A lot of my concerns for Tennessee have nothing to do with matchups. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll handle the heat as I still question their conditioning/depth. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll handle adversity well (and there are ups and downs in every game). I think the mental breakdowns are typically worse on the road than at home. I donā€™t know how many in the locker room really ā€œbelieveā€ they will win. Itā€™s something everyone says, but I donā€™t know how many of them truly think it. And thereā€™s still something about how they opened up against Georgia State that still doesnā€™t sit well. To mail it in for a game to open the season to that extreme still has me thinking something is wrong.

As for matchups, I think one thing Tennessee can do is throw the ball up to Jennings and Callaway and let them go get it. I at least give that a shot 5-10 times during the game. If successful at all, I do it even more. Can Tennessee run the ball? Can JG make good decision? Can Tennessee score TDā€™s instead of kicking FGā€™s? Iā€™m leaning toward ā€œnoā€

Defensively, I disagree with a lot of folks on the board. I donā€™t think you blitz and come after Trask. You stop the run and make Trask prove he can play by limiting big plays and making Florida have to execute on 10+ play drives. Big plays have killed Tennessee particularly against Florida. Most blitzes have man coverage (yes, I know there are zone blitzes), and are easy for a QB to read. I would want Trask to prove he can read the defense and make throws repeatedly. I wouldnā€™t want to blitz, have him hit a guy and watch a Florida receiver make a guy miss or run away from someone and get yardage in chunks.

Now, I think Florida is better overall, but itā€™s the stuff that has nothing to do with matchups that I think poses the biggest problem for Tennessee. I donā€™t think a blowout happens because I donā€™t think Florida is good enough to blow someone out.

Good luck.
Youā€™re 100% on the heat. I say it every other year and no one really respects it. Schools like UT, Mizz,KY or Arky playing an early season game is the biggest home field advantage in the SEC.

I agree with the mental breakdown part. My biggest worry about this game is being on the road, with the noise and the heat we have mental lapses (specifically on defense). If we have guys not getting lined up correctly and missing assignments Iā€™m afraid it wonā€™t even be close.

Ok, first question. Why are you repeat offender on a UT thread?
Second question. Where do you live? If it's not TN, then your "handle the heat" comment is invalid.
#3. Our coaches are pumped to go on the road. A large number of our players are underclassmen. They've not had the displeasure of losing to your kind. They're the best players on our team. How much adversity have they really faced?
#4 Can tn run the ball? Better than your overrated Perine, and it's not even close.
#5 Can TN score td instead of scoring field goals? Maybe, I'll laugh my a** off when money Cimaglia wins us the game, or when our white Dobbs makes a clutch play past the pylon.
#6. Stopping the run is a given, not that your run game is even a worry lol. You realize Pruitt is a master at camouflaging a blitz right? Pressuring your savior Trask is key. KY didn't get it done because they were in their 3 deep by the time he saw the field. Their loss, our gain. Daring back-up boy to pass is our smoke-screen.
BT's gonna come in hot on this game.
If by big plays you mean coughing up the ball, you're right. We've done that a lot against y'all. If you're basing your superiority off that vs winning because you're the better team? I have no answer other than šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

WRONG. I grew up in TN and moved to FL after college. Yes TN gets hot, it's not the same as FL sorry unless you have lived in both states you wouldn't know and you comment is invalid

Exactly! It seems like Murphy's Law is in full effect when the Florida game starts.
If UT doesn't find a way(s) to lose badly, then it will be close and it's anybody's game. UT's biggest problem playing UF is generally UT.

The heat argument is overblown IMO. The last time we beat UF here at home, I was sitting very close to the UF section. It was sizzling that day. The UF fans were passing out left and right, and were moaning the entire game.

I brought in a client I do alot of work for to go to the game. His office is right outside Gaineville and lives in that area (hes not a UF fan, grew up in Bammer and likes AU), and I looked at him during the 3rd quarter, and said "man what's wrong with all these Florida people passing out, arent they used to this heat?" He looked back at me and quickly said, "dude it's HOT!"

It might stay muggy and hot a little longer in the year in Gainesville but I just dont think it's as big of deal as everyone is making it out to be. We are used to the heat. The high in Gainesville for Saturday is 86. The high in Knoxville is 87.

I've been in Gainesville in the middle of the summer. It was HOT. But I remember when I got home and got out the car, I thought, its HOT. Checked the temp and humidity and it was virtually the same.

The bigger factor Saturday is how our young players respond to the crowd and whether or not JG can hit an open receiver. And of course, not turning the ball over 8 times.

Last edited:
The heat argument is overblown IMO. The last time we beat UF here at home, I was sitting very close to the UF section. It was sizzling that day. The UF fans were passing out left and right, and were moaning the entire game.

I brought in a client I do alot of work for to go to the game. His office is right outside Gaineville and lives in that area (hes not a UF fan, grew up in Bammer and likes AU), and I looked at him during the 3rd quarter, and said "man what's wrong with all these Florida people passing out, arent they used to this heat?" He looked back at me and quickly said, "dude it's HOT!"

It might stay muggy and hot a little longer in the year in Gainesville but I just dont think it's as big of deal as everyone is making it out to be. We are used to the heat. The high in Gainesville for Saturday is 86. The high in Knoxville is 87.

I've been in Gainesville in the middle of the summer. It was HOT. But I remember when I got home and got out the car, I thought, its HOT. Checked the temp and humidity and it was virtually the same.

The bigger factor Saturday is how our young players respond to the crowd and whether or not JG can hit an open receiver. And of course, not turning the ball over 8 times.

I travel to Florida a lot. The heat and humidity there is no different than what we have in Tennessee. It shouldn't be a factor unless they are keeping our defense on the field.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Never go to Florida Boards but do Vol fans regularly post & start threads there?
I mean I see 2 or 3 Gators posting here all year long:confused:

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Good luck.

I am a bit less optimistic than 99gator. I have seen Trask do some good things, but I have seen him do some very dumb things too. (He' s a backup for a reason) That coupled with the 2019 version of Florida's O-Line has me very concerned.

The injury bug has bitten us pretty hard this year already and all things considered, I would call these teams about even right now especially with Franks and Zuniga out.

Given that, I am confident Trask most definitely is going to make some costly mistakes and those will keep Tennessee very much in it. If I were Dan Mullen I would have been preparing the team to expect the momentum changing turnovers all week. The question now is, will Tennessee say 'hold my beer' and reciprocate?

This is going to be a nail biter - Florida by a field goal or less.

I think the heat has a big impact on both teams, but I think it actually helps Tennessee because it will suppress the crowds impact. Tennessee has been rotating a lot of guys on their lines so if cramping kicks in, kids will be their 3rd game in so that could also work to UT's favor. That said any independent observer would agree that this is Florida's game to lose. But Ga State was Tennessee's game to lose so anything can happen. If Tennessee can keep it close into the 4th I can see an upset. If Tennessee turnover the ball a lot, change the channel cause it's going to get ugly.

sorry but I don't give a flying f*** what a gator fan thinks....
VOLS WIN tomorrow is all that matters...
WGWTFA
I despise florida and don't care if we win 2-0 or 34-13...
VOLS will get it done in the swamp tomorrow....
GBO

WRONG. I grew up in TN and moved to FL after college. Yes TN gets hot, it's not the same as FL sorry unless you have lived in both states you wouldn't know and you comment is invalid
Have you been in east Tennessee this year? It has been hotter here the last two years than any other time I can remember in my 56 years of living here.

Ha! I've lived in both. TN is a different kind of hot. It's extremely humid.

Reactions: stephp4ut
I think you are spot on and it pains me to say it. I agree wholeheartedly with the conditioning vs the heat comment. This team is not well conditioned, period. The heat wonā€™t help, but smaller, less talented schools have worn the Vols down so far. I am concerned what an SEC team can do.

I would love for us to come together for this one, but I donā€™t expect a win (probably the feeling that most of the players outside JJ has). With that being said, I believe that Jauan is the one player that could will us to a miracle.

Good luck.

I think the biggest difference will be at qb. Itā€™s shocking and sad to say that Florida will be better at qb with a former transfer starting his first game ever compared to our 4th year former 5 star recruit thatā€™s played in somewhere close to 30 games at this point. But yet thatā€™s exactly the situation weā€™re in. Thatā€™s incredibly shocking and disappointing with regard to this staff. They had plenty of time to get mauer or stout ready to play. But they stuck with jg (whoā€™s been absolutely terrible).

I am a bit less optimistic than 99gator. I have seen Trask do some good things, but I have seen him do some very dumb things too. (He' s a backup for a reason) That coupled with the 2019 version of Florida's O-Line has me very concerned.

The injury bug has bitten us pretty hard this year already and all things considered, I would call these teams about even right now especially with Franks and Zuniga out.

Given that, I am confident Trask most definitely is going to make some costly mistakes and those will keep Tennessee very much in it. If I were Dan Mullen I would have been preparing the team to expect the momentum changing turnovers all week. The question now is, will Tennessee say 'hold my beer' and reciprocate?

This is going to be a nail biter - Florida by a field goal or less.
Is Zuniga definitely out or questionable?

Good luck.

Wish you were the OC. We are gonna kill both your quarterbacks.

VN Store

Back