98 Vols vs Georgia bulldogs 2022

I think the 1995 Nebraska team is the GOAT.

Never seen a team just line up and force the ball down someone’s throat like that. Frazier made FL look stupid and not a single team got within 14 points of them. Just domination start to finish.

Screenshot_20230311-023038-528.png
While it i all opinion certainly, I think so. While 2001 Miami was a great team too, like Georgia this past year, that team also played some close games. I think people are enamoured with that team more for what it's members did individually after the fact than how good a team they were (and again they were a great team just in my humble opinion, not 1995 Nebraska great).

I'm almost 50 and if I had to rank the greatest CFB teams I've ever seen I think I'd rank 2019 LSU second. At the start of that year their defense was a bit of a liability but it became very good as it matured and gelled. Their offense was of course other worldly. I'd rank that Miami team number 3 probably.

Last edited:
Lol. Posters like you are both childish and pathetic. So if a Vol fan gives credit to UGA for their success, then they are VolDawgs. Give credit to ANY other team means you are a fan of that team right? Are you 12 years old?

Adults can give credit where it’s due and still love the Vols. Guess you can’t. Hopefully when you grow up things will become easier for you.

Wow. That escalated into a personal attack quickly. Triggered a bit, I suspect?

I think VolinNW had a dear relative kidnapped by a UGA fan with a mullet and a tank top in Gatlinburg in the Mid-80's or something. His last memory is seeing this cousin stuffed in the trunk of the Dwag's Camaro with electrical tape over his/her mouth. His hatred of them is unmatched, it's primal.

See? Now that is excellent sarcasm and creativity without going personal. Bravo, sir.

My only criticism is the reference to a mullet and tank top being uga. Seems more Florida to me. You just know that jorts are involved with those two listed elements. 😎

Dawgs would eat the 98 Vols alive. We had a close game against Mizzou but that UT team loses to Arkansas had they simply taken a knee and beat MSU 24-14. Dawgs by 10.

Tee Martin isn’t moving the ball on that D.

Reactions: VolDave53
Dawgs would eat the 98 Vols alive. We had a close game against Mizzou but that UT team loses to Arkansas had they simply taken a knee and beat MSU 24-14. Dawgs by 10.

Tee Martin isn’t moving the ball on that D.
2001 Vols couldn’t beat the 2001 Dawgs so I doubt it.

My misguided VolDawg brothers, THIS is the fanbase that truly appreciates and craves your support.

So typical.

Wow. That escalated into a personal attack quickly. Triggered a bit, I suspect?

See? Now that is excellent sarcasm and creativity without going personal. Bravo, sir.

My only criticism is the reference to a mullet and tank top being uga. Seems more Florida to me. You just know that jorts are involved with those two listed elements. 😎
You are legit one of my favorite posters, I greatly respect the intensity of your hatred for all things Dwag. I personally hate Alabama alot more than Georgia or Florida. We barely even played Georgia or Florida when I was growing up, so I can't muster the same level of vitriol you have, even though I do admire it.

Who do you think wins? I think the 98 team beats their 22 national title team. Tee is better than Stetson plus I’d take Peerless Price over any of the WR’s on Georgia. I think our RB’s our better too. Travis Stephens, Travis Henry. Shawn Bryson and Jamal Lewis need I say more and Al Wilson simply put our 98 team had more impact players and would beat Georgia’s most recent national title team.
Well unfortunately based on simulations I ran of 30 games, q- at each home and 10 at neutral site. Tn only gets the best of Ga 7-3 at home. Ga won 7-3 at their home and 6-4 neutral site. I thought that might be the case but wanted to be wrong.

Maybe not, but the 98 Vol defense would squash Bennett like a bug.

And that is the one X factor. Also what eras rules are we playing with? Todays rules vastly favor the offensive side of the ball. In the late 90s you could still take QBs heads off. I think if it was played with the 90s rules the Vols win.

Maybe not, but the 98 Vol defense would squash Bennett like a bug.
Bennett was hard to catch. You know how like when you are watching a game and you think, the QB needs to run...NOW. Bennett had great instincts for knowing when to take off. He's not slow at all, he ran a 4.6 something at the combine but that instinct he had made him seem faster than he was at times. I think they are going to miss him more than they realize. The average UGA fans being the morons they are, wanted to bench him right up to the end.

Last edited:
2001 Vols couldn’t beat the 2001 Dawgs so I doubt it.
2001 Vols couldn't beat a backup QB in the SECCG (albeit probably with some sort of voodoo thing going on). And I really don't think we would have beaten Miami that year. Might have been close, but I don't think we win that one.

We would maybe hurt Stetson Bennett and if we did that we win.

Tee against that defense? Ehhh i don't think it would work out too well..
Yeah, I think this made up game would have a lot of Georgia injuries, I think 98 wins it, but it is very, very ugly 😂

Truthfully, I'm not sure the Vols win in 98 if FSU's starting QB is able to play.

I'm sure there's a computer program that could simulate matchups. Bill King talks about such matchups in Council Bluffs, Iowa where fictional games are played between teams from different eras. The feeling is the best team of the modern era is the 1983 Nebraska Cornhuskers or one of the Miami Hurricane teams. 98 Vols are more of a team of destiny that Al Wilson willed to win.

Not being a homer here but the physicality that would be part of the game would shell shock Georgia.

Very very different game then and now.

VN Store

Back