9 defensive lineman on the current roster...

franklinboy

That's what i've counted because of the recent departures......We have 2 coming in from USC and Kansas but dang what surprises me is why hasn't the staff tried to get 3-4 more at least transfer D lineman? I don't understand that...

That's what i've counted because of the recent departures......We have 2 coming in from USC and Kansas but dang what surprises me is why hasn't the staff tried to get 3-4 more at least transfer D lineman? I don't understand that...
There are only so many guys they could take before hitting the 25 limit

He's got 2 committed for 2022. I think we are ok

Reactions: vegasvolfan
You've got 9 plus 2 more to fill out a 3 deep at DT, NT, and DE. You aren't counting the "Leos"- Young, Baron, Eason, and maybe Mohan. I'm not sure you can dedicate much more than 15-20 scholarships to the front 4. Maybe a little thing but not by much.

You've got 9 plus 2 more to fill out a 3 deep at DT, NT, and DE. You aren't counting the "Leos"- Young, Baron, Eason, and maybe Mohan. I'm not sure you can dedicate much more than 15-20 scholarships to the front 4. Maybe a little thing but not by much.

This. With Young, Baron and Eason there are total 14 scholarship Linemen + Leo/Outside LB. That is not thin. Yes they lack talent in DT and DE area but I think Big O and Bailey will shine under Garner. Look for much improvement from linemen. (If ya'll recall they were a decent bunch until first half of the GA game and then looked like they just quit .. and then their coach got fired etc ..)

This. With Young, Baron and Eason there are total 14 scholarship Linemen + Leo/Outside LB. That is not thin. Yes they lack talent in DT and DE area but I think Big O and Bailey will shine under Garner. Look for much improvement from linemen. (If ya'll recall they were a decent bunch until first half of the GA game and then looked like they just quit .. and then their coach got fired etc ..)

Yeah they have some big bodies and potential up front. I think them not having a Dline coach really hurt them last year. I think them simply having real coaching is going to go a long way.

I'm really concerned with the SS position it looks very suspect IMO. I see a lot of blown coverages in our future.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I think you're confused about our personnel and who actually puts their hands in the dirt.

We have more than 9.

The depth is pretty good. What remains to be seen is the quality.

There are only so many guys they could take before hitting the 25 limit
They need to change the 25 limit. If someone transfers from your school voluntarily you should add one to that limit. No way to recover if 35 people decide to transfer from your school because of a coaching change. Punishes the school far too much.

They need to change the 25 limit. If someone transfers from your school voluntarily you should add one to that limit. No way to recover if 35 people decide to transfer from your school because of a coaching change. Punishes the school far too much.

That is a good thought but it will cause schools like Alabma to chase away kids who underperform and replace them with 5* transfers. They need to work out a middle ground somehow though.

I thought I counted 13 DLs with the transfers.

Caleb Tremblay
Dajon Terry
Jaquan Blakely
Elijah Simmons
Omari Thomas
Dominic Bailey
Kurrott Garland
Latrell Bumphus
Matthew Butler
Aubrey Solomon
Tyler Baron
Byron Young
Bryson Eason

All of these guys will put their hand down at some point this season.

And I think Young and Baron are going to give us a nice pair on the edge.

There are plenty for this season

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Those that can play at SEC level are gold. Why waste a transfer scholly on someone who can’t play a lick?

That is one reason some sportswriters predict we will have the worst defense in the SEC this year.

Plus I don’t think Huepel was expecting losing some of our guys on DL?

I thought I counted 13 DLs with the transfers.

Caleb Tremblay
Dajon Terry
Jaquan Blakely
Elijah Simmons
Omari Thomas
Dominic Bailey
Kurrott Garland
Latrell Bumphus
Matthew Butler
Aubrey Solomon
Tyler Baron
Byron Young
Bryson Eason

All of these guys will put their hand down at some point this season.

And I think Young and Baron are going to give us a nice pair on the edge.

Simmons, Thomas, Bailey, Baron, Young, and Eason are just as good as talents as any team in this conference has. We are not in as bad a shape as some are saying.....not that we are elite everywhere, but still.

Someone tried telling me with a straight face that Emerson and Middleton transferred because they wouldn’t play. I’m pretty sure with a 4-3, they’d play a lot. The issue was Garner coaching them hard. They wanted out.

Again, we will build on the guys that want to be here.

the coach was fired at halftime so they didn’t “just quit” another poster is correct, the quantity of DL is serviceable but the quality is not above average overall. With RG though, what we have can be maximized and heart, effort, and technique go a long way.

VN Store

Back