9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

Yep,,, it’s very disturbing because yes, we lost to a good Georgia team, but on the flipside, losing to a bad SC team also conjures up flashbacks of coaches like Pruitt and Jones losing games they shouldn’t.

That to me is what is so surprising….because I didn’t really think we’d see Heupel losing many games he shouldn’t.
Well when you have locker room problems behind the scenes these kind of things happen look at Texas A&M this year

Reactions: mpfvol
Telling me this team would go 10-2 with losses to a Georgia, LSU, Alabama or heck maybe even Florida and I'd been ecstatic.

We beat Alabama, Florida, and LSU and were close walking through the wide open back door of the playoffs with 1 loss to depending National Champions...

And we let South @#!ing Carolina put an atrocious 63 point beat down on us. This is what this team will be remembered for unfortunately.

It's worthy of a meltdown. The team had a meltdown. Epic, historic meltdown.

No one is saying the season was a bad or disappointing one. But Tennessee choked tonight, it’s one of the worst losses in Tennessee history. There’s no way around that. We got straight up dominated and embarrassed by a bad South Carolina team. We had everything to play for, a playoff spot and chance to compete for a national championship on the line, and we got it taken by Shane Beamer and South Carolina. Gave up more points than any top 5 team In 100 years people are saying. So yeah, good season but this puts a huge damper on it. And we’ll be in a meaningless bowl game now btw.

The same folks trying to tell you how to feel will be bragging about trying to checker Vandy.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Don't take being so close to the CFP for granted. I think most fans are grateful and appreciative for where the program is. But One day you are in the conversation for the championship. And then who knows, a decade or two can pass and you are wandering aimlessly a program and reminiscing over the past. You never know what the future holds.

Cant we have one night to be miserable and cuss and hate everybody without sunshine pumpers ruining it for us, one night.

I think we will bounce back and beat Vandy for our first 10 win season since 2007, and that one needed a bowl win to get there. I still consider this a special season for beating FL, LSU, and being at the Bama win was a memory of a lifetime.

That doesn’t take the sting away tonight though. There was just no excuse for the egg the defense laid tonight with a playoff berth on the line. Losing would have hurt regardless. Losing in this manner to a sh***y team like USCjr is just embarrassing.

And while the offense maybe didn’t play its best game, they did enough to win.

Anyway, on to Vandy. I hope the defense can make the trip.

Reactions: TN1111 and mpfvol
Yes that’s all fine and good however you cannot dust away or excuse giving up 63 points to a pro style scrub office that cannot run the ball there is no excuse for what happened tonight on the field!!!! If the rumors are true about LB banks, Clearly there was a major locker room issue because this team and coaching staff looked totally disinterested in the entire game

How can we lose focus in the biggest moment of our season….I thought this team was different….I really did. I’m not going to say we’re cursed because Georgia hadn’t won in 40 years. But we have to learn playing as the hunted and not always the hunter. We weren’t ready tonight and it showed. Just a really difficult pill to swallow. It’s not easy going from good to great. Great is doing little things right all the time.

No melt down but our D coaches earned a a lashing after a defensive melt down for a #5 ranked Tennessee team. Some serious evaluation needs to take place when you look at our defensive stats overall.

Sometimes you run into a team that will play a perfect(almost)offensive game.Tonight was another of those days.Fifty-three years ago,in the fall of 1969,we ran into an Ole Miss team that beat an undefeated Vol team-38-0.Sh.t happens.It did again tonight.Nothing will.lessen the.hurt,pain,and pissed off nature of the event.Just take it out on the commodedoors.Piss on beamer(not mercedes beemer)and all of that sandfleas of south carolina.Ifeel a hangover coming tomorrow.I havea solution for that also,4Alka-Seltzer and six aspirin and back to bed for a couple of hours.If that doesn't work,hair of the dog.

I don’t think a premier bowl is happening now unfortunately but hey 10-2 is a better season than most imagined so hey…

Why would the sugar bowl not be interested in Tennessee for the first time in 30 years? We would probably sell as many or more tickets than LSU and buy way more hotel rooms

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
South Carolina is not BAD. They're 7-4. Bad is Northwestern...Boston College etc. I'm sick of seeing posts saying how horrible Carolina is. That being said....our defense is absolute dogsh*t. We have a good offense but friggin horrible defense. Cocks coulda put 70+ on us. Fix this damn defense next year. Heupel is head coach so this is on him to fix it.

Why would the sugar bowl not be interested in Tennessee for the first time in 30 years? We would probably sell as many or more tickets than LSU and buy way more hotel rooms
It's not about being interested. The sugar bowl takes the SEC champion or the top rated SEC team not in the playoff. That will be either LSU or bama. We can hope for an orange bowl maybe but citrus is more likely.

It's not about being interested. The sugar bowl takes the SEC champion or the top rated SEC team not in the playoff. That will be either LSU or bama. We can hope for an orange bowl maybe but citrus is more likely.

I would prefer the Citrus Bowl I know it's not a NY6 but I don't care about the orange bowl

South Carolina is not BAD. They're 7-4. Bad is Northwestern...Boston College etc. I'm sick of seeing posts saying how horrible Carolina is. That being said....our defense is absolute dogsh*t. We have a good offense but friggin horrible defense. Cocks coulda put 70+ on us. Fix this damn defense next year. Heupel is head coach so this is on him to fix it.
No. They're bad. Their wins are their non conference cupcakes, Kentucky, ATM, and now us.

I get what you are saying. Yes of course preseason if you said you could take 10-2 we would have accepted it. However you would have expected Alabama and Georgia would be those losses. Once you get to this part of season at 9-1 with best resume to make the college football playoff with 2 bad football teams to finish. It should be a formality and if we get hammered inside the playoff then so be it. Expectations change. Yes we are having a meltdown. We are the laughing stock on social media because we couldn't not only stop Spencer Rattler and that doofy goofy coach Beamer but we got curb stomped. That will be mentioned for years as huge win for them. Literally the first time Heupel lost for us when he was a big favorite. I will not apologize for my meltdown. Yes the season is better than preseason expectations and I will never forget how I felt the night we toppled Bama but I am not selective I will also never forget how embarrassing this loss was.

on point, USC is mediocre at best. Rather get blown by Bama.

Reactions: TN1111

Depends how far LSU drops if they lose to Georgia. If we fall to 10-12, maybe we have shot for NY6 assuming some teams lose in front of us. Oh well.

VN Store

Back