8 Vols assistants reject UT pay cut to help with losses due to covid

Doesn’t seem like they are doing their jobs very well so they all should agree to a pay cut. Guys like most of us here would have to win the lottery to have their kind of money. Destroyed by Kentucky at home and whipped by pig sooey!

Clearly, you don’t love it with ALL your heart. I mean, come on. I’d give my life for a friend or loved one. Taking a paycut for something you love with “all your heart” is not something you’d do?
Friend I graduated from UGA and still root for UT over the dawgs. It would be much easier to not love the Vols. Still not taking the pay cut and neither would you

Reactions: MaTaLa
Any “goodness” found in me is only because I’ve had a true heart change found by a real encounter with Chris. I’ve realized that this world is not about me, My selfish desires, or what I can rationalize in my own mind. I believe in God and his overall purpose and divine purpose for my life. I believe that there is a true right and wrong and that when your hearts in the right place it’s not difficult to know which is which.

I believe it there was an ethical choice to be made by our assistant coaches. I believe the two of them, along with other coaches at our university, made the right decision. I believe that others failed to see the big picture, factor in the situation involved, and chose to be selfish. If you want to rationalize selfishness then that is a concept that I just cannot comprehend. I feel pity for you and hope that one day you realize there is a true north and you choose to run towards it with all of your strength.
Looks like you are judging others, which is what Christ warned his followers to not do. We don’t know what those coaches do with their money. They might be very charitable and not talk about it. The recent deaths of Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banalie and Eddie Van Halen come to mind. They were apparently very generous to charities and people down on their luck, but never spoke about and asked people to keep it secret. Only after their deaths have people come out and revealed how much they’ve helped others.

Why would these guys agree to a pay cut? You think UT is going to come to them with bonuses for extra money when the program is doing better? No. They get paid what they negotiated. You agree to build a house for somebody, and they ask you to reduce the price after you start work because they're having financial problems. You agreeing to that? Negative ghost rider....

Unfortunately, your example is not complete. Let’s try it again and make it more comparable to what’s going on.

Let’s say that you agree to build a house for somebody at a negotiated price. Halfway through the project a pandemic hits affecting the entire world, the entire economy, building supply costs, and people all over the world were losing their jobs and making sacrifices to stay afloat. That person was taking a 40% pay hit, so they came to you asking if you could help them with the situation. They asked that you and all your highest paid subcontractors to take a marginal cut so that you can continue with the house project. Understanding that you’re not going to be able to probably get a new house during the pandemic and that the situation is beyond anyone’s control, you do what’s right and keep ALL of your subcontractors, suppliers, and families working with income. Let’s just say that your drywall guy and your brick mason told you they would help out and take a cut but your plumber, electrician, your building supply company, and your flooring subcontractor all told you that you were crazy and that they were not going to work on this job unless you paid them 100% of what you had already negotiated, regardless of the circumstances around your request. Legally, they have every right to do that. Ethically...it’s highly questionable, tone deaf, shortsighted, ridiculously selfish, and beyond excusable.

Looks like you are judging others, which is what Christ warned his followers to not do. We don’t know what those coaches do with their money. They might be very charitable and not talk about it. The recent deaths of Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banalie and Eddie Van Halen come to mind. They were apparently very generous to charities and people down on their luck, but never spoke about and asked people to keep it secret. Only after their deaths have people come out and revealed how much they’ve helped others.

I’m not judging, not at all. Some things are clearly right and wrong. Recognizing that someone is doing something wrong is not judging, it’s just not being blind ethically.

I love all of you bitching about this when there is no way in hell you would take a cut from your current job, or at least not willingly. Some of you need to realize that these guys are paid to coach, not to love UT like they were born and raised here.

I took a voluntary pay cut this year. And paid for some reimbursed items myself. And I didn’t miss it one bit. Unfortunately, you’re wrong about there being decent people in this world. Im sure you that I’m not the only one that took a pay cut this year in order to save a company from going under.

Unfortunately, your example is not complete. Let’s try it again and make it more comparable to what’s going on.

Let’s say that you agree to build a house for somebody at a negotiated price. Halfway through the project a pandemic hits affecting the entire world, the entire economy, building supply costs, and people all over the world were losing their jobs and making sacrifices to stay afloat. That person was taking a 40% pay hit, so they came to you asking if you could help them with the situation. They asked that you and all your highest paid subcontractors to take a marginal cut so that you can continue with the house project. Understanding that you’re not going to be able to probably get a new house during the pandemic and that the situation is beyond anyone’s control, you do what’s right and keep ALL of your subcontractors, suppliers, and families working with income. Let’s just say that your drywall guy and your brick mason told you they would help out and take a cut but your plumber, electrician, your building supply company, and your flooring subcontractor all told you that you were crazy and that they were not going to work on this job unless you paid them 100% of what you had already negotiated, regardless of the circumstances around your request. Legally, they have every right to do that. Ethically...it’s highly questionable, tone deaf, shortsighted, ridiculously selfish, and beyond excusable.
You, sir, are batshit crazy.

Any “goodness” found in me is only because I’ve had a true heart change found by a real encounter with Christ. I’ve realized that this world is not about me, My selfish desires, or what I can rationalize in my own mind. I believe in God and his overall purpose and divine purpose for my life. I believe that there is a true right and wrong and that when your hearts in the right place it’s not difficult to know which is which.

I believe it there was an ethical choice to be made by our assistant coaches. I believe the two of them, along with other coaches at our university, made the right decision. I believe that others failed to see the big picture, factor in the situation involved, and chose to be selfish. If you want to rationalize selfishness then that is a concept that I just cannot comprehend. I feel pity for you and hope that one day you realize there is a true north and you choose to run towards it with all of your strength.
Self righteous much?

Yes I would. I did. Voluntary cut in fact.
Assuming that you aren’t lying.. You might have taken a cut to keep your company from going under or whatever the circumstance from the pandemic. UT football is not going under regardless of a coaches pay cut. The university can cut spending in other areas. My salary would not be one of them. If you say you would take 100s of thousands of dollars away from your family for the good of a school that could fire you (and probably will) in the next year or so, you’re not very smart

I’m not judging, not at all. Some things are clearly right and wrong. Recognizing that someone is doing something wrong is not judging, it’s just not being blind ethically.
You are in fact judging. Like I said before, you have no idea what they do with their money in private. They just might be more charitable than you are.

Tennessee football: 8 assistants reject pay cuts. Martin, Graham accept

• Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney
  • Defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley
  • Offensive line coach Will Friend
  • Quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke
  • Inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer
  • Outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton
  • Tight ends coach Joe Osovet
  • Strength and conditioning coach A.J. Artis
Based on job performance, at least three of those guys should be unemployed right now, rendering an agreement to take a pay cut moot.

People who donate and are experiencing tough times might hold some or all donation. It can be a vicious circle

Reactions: Volsfaninva917
I get it a contract is a contract but this staff has left alot to be desired but if it was me I wouldn't take the cut either
I’m sure of lot of these people complaining in this thread would be ecstatic if their boss asked them to cut their salary by 25% because of COVID and their lack of revenue

Reactions: davethevol
I took a voluntary pay cut this year. And paid for some reimbursed items myself. And I didn’t miss it one bit. Unfortunately, you’re wrong about there being decent people in this world. Im sure you that I’m not the only one that took a pay cut this year in order to save a company from going under.
You’re wasting your time going back and forth with him. He looks at life through completely different lenses. Nothing you say will change his mind.
I admire that you did your part to help out at work. Says a lot about not only you but you must have had some very good influences in your life.
BTW-I worked in the school & office supply business for many years.

VN Store

Back