7-5...

If we went after a top guy I’d expect 8-4 and up. Quality coaches bring expectations up.

We got an ok guy from a bad conference. So I’m putting expectations around the 4-8 mark with blow out losses to our big rivals and competitive losses to teams like UK and USC.

I doubt I’ll watch until dudes proven he can beat one of the big three though.

• Sept. 4: Bowling Green - W
  • Sept. 11: Pittsburgh - W
  • Sept. 18: Tennessee Tech -W
  • Sept. 25: at Florida - L
  • Oct. 2: at Missouri - L
  • Oct. 9: South Carolina - W
  • Oct. 16: Ole Miss - L
  • Oct. 23: at Alabama - L
  • Oct. 30: Bye
  • Nov. 6: at Kentucky -W
  • Nov. 13: Georgia - L
  • Nov. 20: South Alabama - W
  • Nov. 27: Vanderbilt -W

I think the above is doable if he can secure a DC capable of complimenting his offensive output that he has historically. I will even say The Missouri and Ole Miss games could be games that we steal for a stunning finish of 8-4. No real VFL could possibly be disappointed in a 8-4 season if that magic was to occur. I am not saying either scenario is likely but I am saying these are the goals I as a batter VFL would love to see met.

I go 8 and 5 we take down mizzou

Reactions: EBFVOL
Expecting 7-5 is delusional. 8-4 should get you admitted to the looney bin. Im thinking somewhere around 3-9 to 5-7. And that has nothing to do with who our new coach is. That’s just where this program is and all the loses we are taking on the roster. Maybe he can salvage a game by getting some big time transfer portal guys to come here but I don’t know how much good that will do.
I'll bet you $300 we do better than 5-7...

The 2 most important games on the schedule are SC and Vandy. We need to win the battle of the new coaches or recruiting will severely suffer. If we can stay above SC while we're on sanctions, then we'll be ok in the long run.

Interesting forecast: based on??? We have no idea other than Coach plays an up tempo offense. I'm not sure what Pitt brings to the table, a lot of the teams will look different from last year, although mizzou is on the rise, but we beat them last year, pretty much pencil bama, uga, but even fla will look different you cant account for fumbles, penalties interceptions that go in our favor! They happen in every game, every season. We dont know what style if defense we are running? Could be a very disruptive style. I'm just looking forward to the days when we are winning 8-9 games a year so the Boo-Birds can come out 🤣 "New Coach needed! Cant get us to the next level!!

Reactions: Border Vol
After looking at the portal again and thinking about the ramifications....

All SEC games, Pitt and Bowling Green will be a challenge.

They are going to have trouble even having practices

Reactions: Titan05
Can we all agree if CJH can pull off 7-5 next year he is initially a successful hire? Looking at the schedule and if he can get a DC to match his apparent offensive genius then I don't think 7-5 is impossible..

I know that you didn't ask for my opinion, and I'm sure there are several who will say I should go away and mind my own business, etc. etc. etc., but I'm a SEC fan second and have been here since 2008. What I see is posts like that what say "7-5" "the floor is _________", the celing's ___________" we'd better win__________ or_______________is on the hot seat" etc. The U of T football program is in a world of hurt and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. Maybe letting your new HC rebuild the program on a steady basis is the best remedy for UT's woes. As of today Heupel hasn't even put a staff together, doesn't know what players he'll be left with, and doesn't know what sanctions the NCAA will impose. Wouldn't it be better for the program for fans to just enjoy the process and celebrate improvements bit by bit and let the process happen, rather than predict wins/losses with so many unknowns? Good luck with your new staff. (Backing out with hat in hand)

I know that you didn't ask for my opinion, and I'm sure there are several who will say I should go away and mind my own business, etc. etc. etc., but I'm a SEC fan second and have been here since 2008. What I see is posts like that what say "7-5" "the floor is _________", the celing's ___________" we'd better win__________ or_______________is on the hot seat" etc. The U of T football program is in a world of hurt and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. Maybe letting your new HC rebuild the program on a steady basis is the best remedy for UT's woes. As of today Heupel hasn't even put a staff together, doesn't know what players he'll be left with, and doesn't know what sanctions the NCAA will impose. Wouldn't it be better for the program for fans to just enjoy the process and celebrate improvements bit by bit and let the process happen, rather than predict wins/losses with so many unknowns? Good luck with your new staff. (Backing out with hat in hand)

I am of the belief everyone is due there opinion especially on a fan board like this but I think you are missing the point of my post.

We have already been told he will be bringing most if not all of his offensive staff from UCF so we have film and an idea how that may look in Orange.

We are all going on the assumption he realizes he must have a strong DC and staff to compliment his overall staff.

The 7-5 W/L number is a goal that I stated with the attached statement and belief that all Vol fans should consider that a huge success if he is able to pull it off even with our weaker schedule.

Best of luck on this coming season and GBO!!!

Negativity isn't my thing, but expecting anything is a bit unreasonable . We may pull together and salvage a surprisingly competitive team , but there's no floor this year. This is as much a hope for the best and expect the worst type of year as we've ever had at UT. 6-6 would indicate that White made the right hire.

VN Store

Back