7-3 Illinois vs 10-0 Michigan

USC doesn't impact us at all. Committee showed that very clearly last week by putting LSU ahead of them.
Don’t count on that if they win out and are PAC 12 champs. They have a big name and politics will come into play. The committee would like nothing better than having four P5 conference champs in the playoffs. I don’t like it but I have a bad feeling about it. Hopefully UCLA helps us out unlike Baylor and Illinois.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Don’t count on that if they win out and are PAC 12 champs. They have a big name and politics will come into play. The committee would like nothing better than having four P5 conference champs in the playoffs. I don’t like it but I have a bad feeling about it. Hopefully UCLA helps us out unlike Baylor and Illinois.
Again, no need to speculate. Committee made it very clear last week by putting a 2-loss LSU ahead of them. Have no idea what "politics" you're referring to.

USC doesn't impact us at all. Committee showed that very clearly last week by putting LSU ahead of them.

I’m not 100% sold USC gets in over is by winning out either. But it’s honestly a coin flip to me. I could see it going either way

How can the committee justify putting a 2 loss team(LSU) above a 1 loss(USC) but not put us above TCU when they are barely winning games against lesser competition. We had one bad game against the #1 defending champs and lost but TCU had a bad game and had to kick a last second field goal against an unranked team? I know I’m preaching to the choir here but this anti UT bias is starting to really piss me off

Again, no need to speculate. Committee made it very clear last week by putting a 2-loss LSU ahead of them. Have no idea what "politics" you're referring to.
Don’t care where they put LSU. When Georgia obliterates them, they’ll be gone. USC still has 2 big games that they can impress folks with. And you don’t think there is conference politics at play with the Big 12 and PAC 12 getting frequently ignored in the playoff? I can assure your that IF undefeated TCU and 1 loss USC win out, there will be all sorts of pressure from those conferences and within the committee to put those champions in over a one loss non-champion. Hoping one of them lose so that we don’t have to find out.

How can the committee justify putting a 2 loss team(LSU) above a 1 loss(USC) but not put us above TCU when they are barely winning games against lesser competition. We had one bad game against the #1 defending champs and lost but TCU had a bad game and had to kick a last second field goal against an unranked team? I know I’m preaching to the choir here but this anti UT bias is starting to really piss me off
Committee has definitely put themselves in a tough place by ranking LSU so high. They show a lot of decency bias which concerns me.

VN Store

Back