$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

We should have the greatest potential attendance capacity of any University Baseball team in the nation and be the forerunners.
This will go to even greater lengths to ensure the University of Tennessee Volunteers is the premier baseball destination
in the country. The benefits to the school, students and state are self-explanatory.

Therefore, it's only logical to conclude when we incentivize attendance, those benefits will follow. The demand is here. This is one of the few times when "If we build it they will come" makes sense with practical application in the real world and not just a dream anymore.

Reactions: spyfish007
Read the pricing to get on the reservation list for each. Will be crazy. A lot more premium seating to pay it back but not much increase in fan capacity
I finally sat down and read through some of the pricing. 60K per year for a box with 500K capital investment? I thought 60 million was already earmarked? I don't see 60 million in these pictures no matter how much building costs have risen. I've always enjoyed that the working man could take his whole family to a baseball game without breaking the bank. Maybe 1000 more regularly priced season tickets in here? Hard to say. It'll be a dogfight for rights to the new regular seating.

I finally sat down and read through some of the pricing. 60K per year for a box with 500K capital investment? I thought 60 million was already earmarked? I don't see 60 million in these pictures no matter how much building costs have risen. I've always enjoyed that the working man could take his whole family to a baseball game without breaking the bank. Maybe 1000 more regularly priced season tickets in here? Hard to say. It'll be a dogfight for rights to the new regular seating.

On the working man part…sure does seem like that ship has sailed for the immediate future.

If we win it all this year, maybe Y9 will buy us a retractable roof…. Then we can have our grass back.

Lots of premium seating it seems, but not much GA added. That’s okay I guess.

Reactions: txbo
Lots of premium seating it seems, but not much GA added. That’s okay I guess.
Not OK with me. I flat out don't like it. They've designed the stadium to get their 60 million back, not to give the average UT fan a chance to buy a ticket to a game. If it's pro sports, OK. But a University ought to think of all of their alums and fans, not just the rich ones.

Not OK with me. I flat out don't like it. They've designed the stadium to get their 60 million back, not to give the average UT fan a chance to buy a ticket to a game. If it's pro sports, OK. But a University ought to think of all of their alums and fans, not just the rich ones.

I see where yer coming from, believe me I do. I came here because I knew deep down I would never be a season ticket holder in football. I shoulda pulled the trigger a long time ago. But it was $5 bucks, and we weren’t very good.

I look out at the SEC landscape in baseball now, I watch traditional powerhouses like MSU or VU or Arky or Ole Miss struggle to sell tickets for midweek and regular season games. VU, TAMU and a couple others have very little support in Hoover…BECAUSE winning the conference championship means so little.

Stadium upgrades, I mean, I dunno why anybody would wanna pay a lot of money to sit in an air conditioned box, but I guess there are, so…y’all do you, I call that watching from home.

Sitting in line at the stadium has given me better perspective on the proposed sketches.

The concourses below LNS would be enlarged with new “hat”. The black fences would be moved back to the back of the expansion. I’m sure the restroom, concession and souvenir area would be expanded. Elevators and stairs would services the boxes, suites and loge seating above.21EF4A19-86A7-44DA-9C4E-FDB2AF350B89.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Goodbye, bleachers.

I was told a few weeks ago of the completion of some seating improvements at LNS. I went by tonight and took this photo. The newly installed individual seats should help explain the transition to assigned seats from general admission in the former bleachers.

77FB1A2D-9B80-4AAF-A175-E80D45F292E5.jpeg

Goodbye, bleachers.

I was told a few weeks ago of the completion of some seating improvements at LNS. I went by tonight and took this photo. The newly installed individual seats should help explain the transition to assigned seats from general admission in the former bleachers.

View attachment 531782
Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

VN Store

Back