5 Vols Poised for a Breakout Season

Simmons at NG will be a name we all will know and be happy he's a Vol next season. He'll provide penetration we have not seen at that position in a long time. Velus, the WR out of the real USC will turn heads this season as well. Palmer will finally rise to the occasion and receive SEC honors postseason IMO.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
My 5...
Tank- All-SEC safety this season
Keyton- Tops 800 yards receiving
Middleton- Post 7 sacks or more
Gray- 1k yards rushing easily IMO
Darnell- Big fella has a monster year lined up next to Cade.

Lets roll

1st: True. That was UT's game plan, for decades. But, UGA used it to beat OU. This plan can work, with a little help, from the defense, and OU's offense, under a green QB. I don't think we need a "really good" offense. Just a very efficient offense, that moves the chains, burns clock, and scores TD's, in the red zone.
2nd: I feel ya! Just having a game, at all, would be great!

If we win, I'd say around 35-31 range. If we lose, I'd say 41-34. If we can't slow them down, I'd say 51-24.

Here I go again. I agree with / like how what you say. Just hate it!!!

Reactions: kbear01
1- Cedric Tillman
2- Elijah Simmons
3- K Bennett
4- Bryce Thompson
5- Shawn Shamburger
These are the ones I’m hoping are poised for a breakout season.

Reactions: Bennessee01
1st: this is not the "Ga game plan. it has been around and used by successful programs for ever. What you are advocating is a superior defense. Until lately it was a fact great defenses win championships, now you can't win championships without great defense to go along with a really good offense.
2nd: Hell, we are all already folks in a panic, just not a football team or its fans. Lets hope we have a football game to get in a panic over.
Honestly i thought that game plan sounded familiar. Sounds like Fulmer Ball to me. Thats the exact style we played when we consistently won games.

Reactions: savannahfan
I like Emerson, Peterson, McCullough, Crouch, & Gray as my breakout players. Theo Jackson gets my honorable mention i think he surprises and starts at saftey. I think those top 4 in particular will play a huge role in the identity of our defense. Big, tough, physical players.

I agree, EG seemed ready to break a long run in several games leading up to Vanderbilt. I was hoping he'd get the ball more in space to give him a chance to make somebody miss. I kinda think Ramel Keyton will make a name for himself before all is said and done.
Hopefully Ramel Keyton will play like the second coming of Anthony Miller:cool:

VN Store

Back