5 Star Heart House for sale

018AF681-6CDD-4685-8BDD-BEDEE1C5DFAD.jpeg
Bama hat and helmet in his sons room. Burn this place with fire and kick the rest of the family out of Knoxville.

Butch offered it to me for 3.5 million but it does not have any orange shag carpet so I passed.

Reactions: Wireless1
It is a really nice place...However in that same neighborhood there are bigger houses and about a million bucks cheaper...One of them has a view to die for...To dream the impossible dream...Unless you hit the lottery!

Maybe, just maybe the University should make our new coaches live in public housing until they have a winning season. Butch never earned that nice house - maybe this one though,,,,

il_570xN.1059263558_qhur.jpg

Reactions: FïreBall
It is a really nice place...However in that same neighborhood there are bigger houses and about a million bucks cheaper...One of them has a view to die for...To dream the impossible dream...Unless you hit the lottery!
I was about to say I think he overpaid initially. Knowing his situation I would lowball the crap out of him. Stacked stone too trendy and it already falling out of favor With consumers, brick is timeless.

In this corona virus market, it will be interesting to see how long that house remains for sale.

Reactions: NEO
In this corona virus market, it will be interesting to see how long that house remains for sale.

I dont know the knoxville market at all and this is going to make me sound like a Nashville elitist, so I am sorry in advance if I offend anyone in Knoxville, but 3.7 is CEO, professional athlete, surgeon, large size business owner money.

I think the house would move pretty well in Nashville if it was in Green Hills, Belle Meade, or Brentwood based on price to sq foot but this just seems high in Knoxville based on city size and medium house income in upper income areas.

Think it eventually sells at his original purchase price or maybe 100 to 150k higher. Doubt he gets close to asking price.

I am not a realtor though but I have slept at a Holiday Inn.

Last edited:
It’s gonna take a while to sell.
Nice place. Some of the finishes aren’t to my tastes.
I’ve been quoted $350 per square ft for a totally custom home build. It can get pricey really quickly.

Maybe, just maybe the University should make our new coaches live in public housing until they have a winning season. Butch never earned that nice house - maybe this one though,,,,

il_570xN.1059263558_qhur.jpg
Nope, still too nice for Butch.

It’s gonna take a while to sell.
Nice place. Some of the finishes aren’t to my tastes.
I’ve been quoted $350 per square ft for a totally custom home build. It can get pricey really quickly.
A piece of advice from a guy who has been there, done that. I bought a home in the most exclusive section of Marietta, GA. It was sitting on 3 acres in the old Oakland Plantation. It was built by a doctor in the 50s, and looked like a 1950 Howard Johnson Motel. It was butt ugly. I bought it for $170K in 1995, spent $100K on it, and sold it in 2000 for $340K.

I can see what a house will look like, not just how it looks.

I moved to Marietta after UGA in 1969. When I arrived the population of Cobb County was 170,000. In 2000 it was 700,00. You couldn't stir them with a stick. So I moved to a small town 50 miles west of Atlanta. I bought an old farm house on 3 acres for $80,000. I spent $20,000 on it and sold it 5 years later for $165,000.

I bought my current home on 2009. It was built in 1948 and had been in foreclosure for 3 years. The house is 1860 sq. ft. The pool house (my man cave) is 840 sq. ft. with a massive fireplace, wet bar, range and oven.
I paid $27,000, and spent $110,000 on it. It was recently appraised for $230,000.

What I am trying to say is, if you buy a new home from a builder, you are behind the chains for years. You are far better off finding a house that needs TLC in a desirable area.

A piece of advice from a guy who has been there, done that. I bought a home in the most exclusive section of Marietta, GA. It was sitting on 3 acres in the old Oakland Plantation. It was built by a doctor in the 50s, and looked like a 1950 Howard Johnson Motel. It was butt ugly. I bought it for $170K in 1995, spent $100K on it, and sold it in 2000 for $340K.

I can see what a house will look like, not just how it looks.

I moved to Marietta after UGA in 1969. When I arrived the population of Cobb County was 170,000. In 2000 it was 700,00. You couldn't stir them with a stick. So I moved to a small town 50 miles west of Atlanta. I bought an old farm house on 3 acres for $80,000. I spent $20,000 on it and sold it 5 years later for $165,000.

I bought my current home on 2009. It was built in 1948 and had been in foreclosure for 3 years. The house is 1860 sq. ft. The pool house (my man cave) is 840 sq. ft. with a massive fireplace, wet bar, range and oven.
I paid $27,000, and spent $110,000 on it. It was recently appraised for $230,000.

What I am trying to say is, if you buy a new home from a builder, you are behind the chains for years. You are far better off finding a house that needs TLC in a desirable area.
Totally agree.
You can buy way more house than you can build any day

Reactions: BigDave

VN Store

Back