5 Star Heart House for sale

neighbor: "so you're the guy that bought Butch Jones' house?"

new home owner: "yeah bitch, I did, I'm rich!"

neighbor:

Reactions: kcvols1
Interesting tid bit of info for anyone interested, this home was originally built by Schmid & Rhodes for former Twins closer Joe Nathan. He and his wife only lived there for a few years before selling. Butch was second owner.
I was just getting ready to post this. Company I used to work for did a lot of work at that house when it was being built.

I dont know the knoxville market at all and this is going to make me sound like a Nashville elitist, so I am sorry in advance if I offend anyone in Knoxville, but 3.7 is CEO, professional athlete, surgeon, large size business owner money.

I think the house would move pretty well in Nashville if it was in Green Hills, Belle Meade, or Brentwood based on price to sq foot but this just seems high in Knoxville based on city size and medium house income in upper income areas.

Think it eventually sells at his original purchase price or maybe 100 to 150k higher. Doubt he gets close to asking price.

I am not a realtor though but I have slept at a Holiday Inn.

Location! Location! Location! Lots closer to Neyland than if it was in Brentwood.

Reactions: NEO
"Show off trophies and drink"? You have to have trophies to show them off. Now I can see drinking based on how much losing was happening.

That he waited until now to even put his house on the market is clear evidence that he never intended to look for full time employment as a member of a college football coaching staff, until the lion's share of the buyout had been paid. He wants to have his next job lined up and ready to start on March 1st - the day after the buyout has been paid in full. This was low rent by Butch Jones. Don't think AD's haven't taken notice of this.

All coaches who get fired probably do this.

Reactions: bigdan
All coaches who get fired probably do this.
No, they don't. Derek Dooley didn't. He went on to be the WR coach for the Dallas Cowboys. Also, Will Muschamp didn't either after being fired at Florida. He took a job as the DC at Auburn before moving to South Carolina. Chad Morris was fired by Arkansas early into his tenure. He is now the OC at Auburn. Those coaches mitigated the amount of money owed to them in a buyout. Butch Jones is not.

If you buy it, expect to have the yard completely redone. Owner likes to plant grass that looks good but doesn’t hold up.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
No, they don't. Derek Dooley didn't. He went on to be the WR coach for the Dallas Cowboys. Also, Will Muschamp didn't either after being fired at Florida. He took a job as the DC at Auburn before moving to South Carolina. Chad Morris was fired by Arkansas early into his tenure. He is now the OC at Auburn. Those coaches mitigated the amount of money owed to them in a buyout. Butch Jones is not.

They were investing in their careers. I don’t say this to be mean, but Butch seems to think less of himself than even the fans of Tennessee who lived through the Butch debacle. He’s wasted a lot of time at Alabama.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
They were investing in their careers. I don’t say this to be mean, but Butch seems to think less of himself than even the fans of Tennessee who lived through the Butch debacle. He’s wasted a lot of time at Alabama.
Agreed. It doesn't help a resume at all, to have a job with no responsibility. Butch Jones hasn't been a member of a coaching staff since November of 2017. He is just a member of the support staff at Alabama. The file clerk at Alabama has more significant duties than Butch does. I understand that it's a business decision, but this still makes him look unmotivated and lazy. He is living by the slacker's creed, which is to work as little as possible, to make as much as possible.

Never said I currently live in Chattanooga.
I’m from there. Born in Knoxville and grew up in Chattanooga.
Well, no matter. In this discussion, we were talking about a home for sell in Knoxville. No way a custom built home in Knoxville should be $350 sf.

VN Store

Back