5 Reasons Why Tennessee Will Make a Bowl Game in 2019

We hope. But we have a 2nd year HC. 1st time DC. At the top of the pyramid we are fairly unproven. Luckily we have Chaney, Tee, and a lot of position coaches with plenty of experience. But games are won and lost on the HC. Pruitt is still in his early years. Learning and growing and there will be pains as we all said there would be, and have been so far.

The HC knows a thing or 2 about being a DC. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Behr and Devo182
With wins, comes heightened expectations. We are looking to create a winning culture again, like the basketball team did in 2 short years, in which fans are upset with 6-7 wins, not relieved. The basketball team went from I hope we make the tourney as a bubble team....to.....anything short of an elite 8 is a disappointment. Now that’s change. That’s a winning culture.

Bottom line: If we start the season 4-0, beating Florida in Gainesville going into the Bye week, a lot of these 6-7 win prediction posters are going to quickly turn to 8-9 wins. And the people perfectly content with 6 wins and a bowl before the season will be disappointed with 6 wins and a bowl at the end of the season. But I’m all for it. That’s a good thing. If we are disappointed with 6 wins at the end of the season, that means the team established a winning culture and began to change minds nation wide. Football just has to follow through and finish strong this year.

I listened to 45 seconds of the posted preview. I stopped listening when dude said UT should be really really good on offense this upcoming season.

UT was one of the worst offenses in the SEC last season, in both passing and rushing. Mediocre QB, running backs, and receivers. Then there is the offensive line which has been under construction for a decade.

UT, in the final two games of the season against Missouri and Vanderbilt, got out scored 88 to 30.

I do believe six wins are possible.

Unless there are major injury issues, I think everyone would expect Tennessee to make a bowl game.

I don’t.
Not till we prove we can play ball again.
I will hope for the best but remain skeptical for another year or 2.

I'd buy that last year but if after 2 years the culture is still where players want to quit en masse (like the Vandy and Mizzou games), a significant part of that falls on the coach. The 2019 roster will have 45-50 Pruitt signees, walk ons, and transfers so it's not fully Butch scholly players remaining.

My guess is that if Pruit sees any players "quitting" in games this fall, he will bench them immediately and the next day point them towards the transfer portal. He will play a green freshman over giving a quitter a second chance moving forward. Or at least I hope he would.

My guess is that if Pruit sees any players "quitting" in games this fall, he will bench them immediately and the next day point them towards the transfer portal. He will play a green freshman over giving a quitter a second chance moving forward. Or at least I hope he would.
I think that’s what he’s building towards. I’m not sure he can afford to do that this coming season but by year 4? Quit once, done deal.

Reactions: Hank Bukowski
A poll not long ago showed 96 percent expect to be in a bowl. Tremendous fallout
If it does not happen this year. I suppose the standard injury card can be played.

With wins, comes heightened expectations. We are looking to create a winning culture again, like the basketball team did in 2 short years, in which fans are upset with 6-7 wins, not relieved. The basketball team went from I hope we make the tourney as a bubble team....to.....anything short of an elite 8 is a disappointment. Now that’s change. That’s a winning culture.

Bottom line: If we start the season 4-0, beating Florida in Gainesville going into the Bye week, a lot of these 6-7 win prediction posters are going to quickly turn to 8-9 wins. And the people perfectly content with 6 wins and a bowl before the season will be disappointed with 6 wins and a bowl at the end of the season. But I’m all for it. That’s a good thing. If we are disappointed with 6 wins at the end of the season, that means the team established a winning culture and began to change minds nation wide. Football just has to follow through and finish strong this year.
If we beat Florida we will beat Georgia. Beating Florida will bring us up and the week off to prepare for Georgia will help us tremendously.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
We don’t have a ton of talent and we aren’t very deep. I’ll gladly take 6 regular season wins considering all the circumstances. This is a long rebuild.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I listened to 45 seconds of the posted preview. I stopped listening when dude said UT should be really really good on offense this upcoming season.

UT was one of the worst offenses in the SEC last season, in both passing and rushing. Mediocre QB, running backs, and receivers. Then there is the offensive line which has been under construction for a decade.

UT, in the final two games of the season against Missouri and Vanderbilt, got out scored 88 to 30.

I do believe six wins are possible.
Thank you for your input.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I don’t.
Not till we prove we can play ball again.
I will hope for the best but remain skeptical for another year or 2.
I do.
We showed glimpses of playing ball last year and almost got that 6th win.
I hope for the best and expect improvement, and if Im disappointed? Haha, won't be the first or last time.

I am keeping my expectations low. The administration went ALL-IN on the Jones hire and now we must borrow, beg our way back into the game. We we have 10 SEC capable linemen on the roster I will start making predictions again.

If players quit again, that's not 100% on them.....

If they quit, IT"S ON THEM... Period... All things considered, these guys have a much better staff to work for. As for the staff/player relationship,,, "you can drive a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". Change words drive to lead, horse to player, water to the game and drink to preform.

VN Store

Back