5 LV signees named McDonald's All American

doesnt matter,
right now UT needs to start playing like team..they really haven't been a team in 10 years...need to play like one or they have no shot this year or beyond.

AND YES I LOVE PAT..

this just a fact

Alicia Manning 6-1, Woodstock, Ga. (Tennessee)

She is really good. I have seen her play against my high school.

to sign a Guard!! Every one of these players is a 3 (small forward) or 4 (power forward)! Guard will be a problem next year--with both Bobbitt (who's not that good) and Hornbuckle graduating.

Ummm, they also signed a PG(Brianna Bass) armchair. She isn't highly rated because she was injured last year. She is a smaller, quicker PG though.

to sign a Guard!! Every one of these players is a 3 (small forward) or 4 (power forward)! Guard will be a problem next year--with both Bobbitt (who's not that good) and Hornbuckle graduating.

I think Pat will be counting on Cait and Sydney (if she stays) at the PG spot next season.

doesnt matter,
right now UT needs to start playing like team..they really haven't been a team in 10 years...need to play like one or they have no shot this year or beyond.

Pat signs so much talent that they'll always be in contention, even if the style of play is downright ugly.

The last Lady Vols teams that I really enjoyed watching were the 1996 and 1997 championship teams; most of the ones since then have reminded me of Michigan's "Fab Five", just trying to crush the other team with sheer talent. But I can't argue with the results.

I don't think there will be a problem at guard next season. Angie Bjorklund will be alot better by then. She's great on offense, just needs to relax and play better defense. She has time to learn that before next season. I'm looking forward to the new players, but I was hoping Candace would stay one more season. Still, Pat Summitt knows what she's doing and can make any team work.

GO LADY VOLS!! :clapping:

Two of last year's recruits can(Vicky Baugh and Kelley Cain). Also, Glory Johnson can and some think she may be the first woman to tomahawk it in a game.

Alex Fuller is coming back for her 5th year, so she will have to be calming voice of reason on that team. I also think Angie will be an assassin behind the arc. I can't wait.

The class is solid and we get back Cait and Kelly from being red-shirted...Kelly is 6'6 talk about a defensive presence!! My only question is with CP3 leaving does that open another scholorship or did pat already use it thinking she wasn't coming back

Pat signs so much talent that they'll always be in contention........

I completely agree. With the five that we just recruited, plus great consistency in recruiting every year, I'm not going to lose any sleep. :dance2:

I pay some attention to national player ratings, but I do not consider them gospel. Each recruit's future all depends on how hard she wants to work. According to Scout:
Gray: 5th best guard in the nation.
Johnson: 2nd best forward.
Manning: 4th best guard.
Stricklen: 3rd best forward.
Brewer: 6th best forward.
As I said, with excellent, consistent recruiting, I'm not going to lose a huge amount of sleep over losing Candace for one year, but I would have loved to have seen Delledonne wearing orange......

Is Amber Gray a guard? She's 6'1" and listed as a forward. Manning is a 2 guard or small forward. I think PG will be an issue for UT next year--Cait has played little if at all, is coming off knee surgery, and while gritty, is not a great athlete. Lots of young talent, but you need someone good/experienced running the team.

Glory Johnson:
022908webb2_t600.jpg

022908webb3_t600.jpg

022908webb8_t600.jpg

VN Store

Back