5 Chances to Win the Game

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
1. 2 FGs Made. 1st 3rd Qtr, 2nd End of Game. Even with Milton in for 1 play no damage

2. Fumbled called as it should have been a Touchdown. Should never have been Reviewed if it was but should never have been discussed on the Field either. It is almost like they questioned themselves and their Calls. If a Ref blows a whistle then he blows it and the two closest plus the others did not blow the play dead. Way too much discussion regarding the Safety and this call.

3. Spot of Ball (debatable but should have been called a 1st down on the field and then Reviewed) Ref knew what he was doing by not calling it a 1st Down.

4. Hooker Injury. Can't fault that Injuries happen. Stays in-game we win

5. Holding Calls. Thought in the 1st Qtr, there was going to be the tone of the night and then they ignored the call for the rest of the game it appeared.

Kiffin did a wonderful job working that sideline Judge the entire game and I think he got what he needed out of that REF by doing so.

Don't forget the fumbles punt. I'm not blaming Velus he has been pretty solid but it did set up their first touchdown.
We gave them 7 and it was critical but turnovers are going to happen in football. This one came at the wrong time on the wrong part of the field. It was nerves more than likely. It was a routine punt and fielded 99 times out of a 100 it is clean. Crap happens.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Sorry folks. This loss is mainly on our defense. Never adjusted to Coral running the ball for 200 Yards and converting most of the 3rd and 4th downs with his legs. An it wasn't like it was a new wrinkle in his game. He's done it all season long. First time I've had any qualms about our defense once they got going, but the shoe fits.

Sorry folks. This loss is mainly on our defense. Never adjusted to Coral running the ball for 200 Yards and converting most of the 3rd and 4th downs with his legs. An it wasn't like it was a new wrinkle in his game. He's done it all season long. First time I've had any qualms about our defense once they got going, but the shoe fits.
Defense played good to great at times.
the offense had a rough night and a lot of questionable play calls.

Reactions: adudenamedsean

I agree to a degree. I don't mind losing a game, but I hate being REFed out of one.

This team is playing with heart and managed to find a way to possibly walk away with a victory.
Good teams overcome adversity and we did do that, but it is a hard pill to swallow when the Refs control the outcome.

5 chances to win the game and you can throw out the holding calls.
So 4 chances to win the game. 2 of which are part of the game injury and missed FG, but either one of the remaining 2 stand alone.

With one of those calls going our way we had a higher chance of winning the game outright.

The first down is ok we did not get it but had it been called on the field by the proper Ref it would have been ruled on the Field as a first down. Nothing to film to overturn it.

Had we been given the striped ball touchdown, we would have punted in the situation, 4 & 24 and pinned them back.

Can't determine the outcome but percentages would have jumped significantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol Main
Defense played good to great at times.
the offense had a rough night and a lot of questionable play calls.
We were playing the run well until this game only allowing 136yds per game. Let one player run for 200 in this game. That's out of character for this staff and players.

We were playing the run well until this game only allowing 136yds per game. Let one player run for 200 in this game. That's out of character for this staff and players.

This is a matter of depth....

can't really blame it on the defense. it reality we held them to 24 points. offense has to be better and should be

can't really blame it on the defense. it reality we held them to 24 points. offense has to be better and should be
Can't give them 7 points at the beginning either. Look at Bama this season. Still have the best players but turning it over and penalties out the yang. Result 5th place for the first time in how long.
I still admire the grit these guys play with and I think the discipline will come with time.

Can't give them 7 points at the beginning either. Look at Bama this season. Still have the best players but turning it over and penalties out the yang. Result 5th place for the first time in how long.
I still admire the grit these guys play with and I think the discipline will come with time.
I agree, especially after stopping their first drive. Turnovers are part of the game this was just bad timing and field position. I think some of it was nerves. Like I said in another post 99 out of 100 this does not happen especially with Jones, but it did and we got out of the hole and took the lead but that 7 points loomed large for the game. Always behind the 8 ball. Which goes back to say the striped fumble was the difference. REFed out of a game.

Even the Review of the Interception was a question I had and why they had to review it after a discussion almost seemed as though they were trying to find a way to overturn it.

This was a very very bad crew. I have known three SEC Refs all retired. One was a women basketball Ref and all were good at what they did. I have never seen Refs this bad in the SEC. The Memphis Game, the Penn State Game, and last night. They almost had an extra down situation last night and the Head Ump caught it before the play and told them to fix the down marker. I want some of these drugs....

VN Store

Back