4th in the country in scoring offense vs.

7th in the country.

Ole Miss is 4th in the country at 46.2 ppg.

Tennessee is currently 7th in the country at 41.5 ppg.

Shootout.

All the pressure is on Ole Miss in this game. For us, it should be fun no matter what happens. Just go out there and cut loose and score like crazy and try to make a game of it.

UT is 2nd in the nation with 52 TFL's. If someone is looking for a "hidden key" to the game... that could be one.

Good point. I think we win this one due to our defense. The Ole Miss defense isn't "Missouri" bad, but they're pretty bad. The other key to the game is turnover margin IMO. GBO!

Good point. I think we win this one due to our defense. The Ole Miss defense isn't "Missouri" bad, but they're pretty bad. The other key to the game is turnover margin IMO. GBO!
So you think we won’t score 62 Saturday? I don’t think we will have to score that many.

I’d have to look at their schedule, but I’m thinking that the Vols are the best defense they’ve played this season other than the gumps.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
UT is 2nd in the nation with 52 TFL's. If someone is looking for a "hidden key" to the game... that could be one.
Been saying it all along about this game. We still field a strong defense. They field bodies to simply say a defense is on the field. I think we will get more stops on them than they will on us.

Our defense is ranked 45th in Total Defense while they are ranked 102nd. We are 30th in Run Defense and they are 106th. We are 73rd in Pass Defense and they are 86th. They are 5th in Rushing Offense and we are 7th….this is our edge in this game if there is one.

Been saying it all along about this game. We still field a strong defense. They field bodies to simply say a defense is on the field. I think we will get more stops on them than they will on us.

Our defense is ranked 45th in Total Defense while they are ranked 102nd. We are 30th in Run Defense and they are 106th. We are 73rd in Pass Defense and they are 86th. They are 5th in Rushing Offense and we are 7th….this is our edge in this game if there is one.

I think this is the key. If we can make some stops early while our offense does its thing we can get up 14 or 21 above them and make them lose heart. We definitely cant pull that ride the clock crap on them if we do though because they can go right back on us if we dont keep pouring on steam the whole time. I am concerned the defense will be good the first half but wear out the second and so we need to be up at least 14 so we can ride out any unexpected TOs. We should go through their defense like hot butter though.

One thing to this.. Our defense is familiar with the system OM runs. I realize OM defense is as well.. But it's nice to know our defense is no stranger to it.

Reactions: McDad
I think this is the key. If we can make some stops early while our offense does its thing we can get up 14 or 21 above them and make them lose heart. We definitely cant pull that ride the clock crap on them if we do though because they can go right back on us if we dont keep pouring on steam the whole time. I am concerned the defense will be good the first half but wear out the second and so we need to be up at least 14 so we can ride out any unexpected TOs. We should go through their defense like hot butter though.
Our defense can’t be as exhausted as there’s. Remember they played a very physical game against Bama, then followed it up with a track meet last Saturday, and now a 3rd track meet with us to boot.
Meanwhile our defense sat starters Saturday and has played 2 back to back easier games. Our players will be much more fresh on the defensive side of the ball.
The one other thing to keep in mind is how much did such an emotional back and forth game take out of them? Crossing my fingers there is mental AND physical fatigue both.

1633993617862.gif

How would y'all compare SC defense to OM defense?
South Carolina is 36th, Ole Miss is 102nd. USCe maybe hasn't faced a ton of explosive offenses, but still I'd imagine they are still better than Ole Miss. Ole Miss is much closer to Missouri than USCe.

Reactions: PA Vol
Interesting comparison. Ole Miss has scored 42 total points in the first quarter this year compared to UT scoring 101. Ole Miss has scored 231 total points so far vs UTs 249.

Tenn holds an advantage in 3rd down % (49 vs 38) and run D (30th vs 107th) but OM holds an advantage in passing, especially against a battered secondary.
Unfortunately, while it sounds like the edge is to UT I'm afraid this will come down to the end and OM will make the big plays needed at the end to win it.

Tenn holds an advantage in 3rd down % (49 vs 38) and run D (30th vs 107th) but OM holds an advantage in passing, especially against a battered secondary.
Unfortunately, while it sounds like the edge is to UT I'm afraid this will come down to the end and OM will make the big plays needed at the end to win it.
Lol! I guess who know then what the final score will be.

What makes me a bit confident is we’ve scored tons the last two games, including against a good SC defense, with our foot off the gas mid 3rd quarter. What can we do pedal to the medal for 4 quarters? Against a pretty poor ole miss D?

VN Store

Back