4 things i think we need to improve

mooreaj21

Off the top of my head i have 4 thing's i think this team need's to improve on if they want to defend the SEC title & make a strong run into the NCAA tourney. Feel free to add what you guy's also think.

1. 3pt. shooting.
2. F.T. shooting.
3. Defensive intensity, helping & sliding. ( but i do think this team has took small step's to improve that the past 3 game's)
4. Find a team leader. ( everyone think's T. Smith is it, but he doesnt come close to be the leader we need like we have had the past few year's with J. Smith & Lofton )

I like Tyler personally, but I don't think he wants to be The Leader. He's a man among boys on our team to a certain extent, but I think he'd rather somebody else wore the captain's hat.

shooting in general needs to be worked on...someone said we were like 32% shooting today i think. We didnt lose a coach in the offseason that normally helped with this kind of thing did we?

We better recruit some offensive players; Tatum is hot and cold, and Hopson is a great outside shooter when he's playing HORSE.

I believe Chism could step into that role. He show's way more emotion on the court than Tyler does.

The loudest one in the room is usually the weakest...

Wayne is far too inconsistent to be a team leader at this point.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Off the top of my head i have 4 thing's i think this team need's to improve on if they want to defend the SEC title & make a strong run into the NCAA tourney. Feel free to add what you guy's also think.

1. 3pt. shooting.
2. F.T. shooting.
3. Defensive intensity, helping & sliding. ( but i do think this team has took small step's to improve that the past 3 game's)
4. Find a team leader. ( everyone think's T. Smith is it, but he doesnt come close to be the leader we need like we have had the past few year's with J. Smith & Lofton )

Unfortunately, players don't suddenly become great shooters in the middle of the season.

Only things that can be improved on that will help this season is defensive and rebounding intensity and "hustle" plays.

I was at the game Sat. and saw only 2 players that wanted the ball when a basket or play was needed - Chism and Smith. That's who your leaders are, love em or hate em.

VN Store

Back