4 star Juco DB Art Green decommits

This kids offer was pulled. If you check his twitter, he's been retweeting positive material pretty consistently for the last few weeks, up until 2 days ago excited about our bowl destination.....Pruitt making room. We're really not in the market for a JUCO corner anyway....its unfortunate because hes been committed for so long, but this commitment stuff goes both ways..

Last edited:
JUCOs are nice, but when you have several young guys playing well and you feel you dont need that experience, then it's much better to bring in a 4 year guy. I think with Thompson, Taylor, Shamburger, and others playing well, It may be better to drop this guy.

Personally? I think this is how they're making room for both Tisdol and Kaho.

You never want to say this kind of thing because people jump all over you...but I was never impressed with his film all that much. I am not surprised...plus, I think that the secondary is going to be tough to break into next year.

Reactions: RollerVol
Just what little I've read... this was an "interesting" recruit with an inexplicable ranking.
That sounds real familiar in our current situation. Good thing the coaching staff is catching wind of those type of rankings.

Reactions: sjt18
We’ve got several CB players visiting this week. Get the feeling Pruitt told this commit that he was no longer needed. A shame, hopefully he finds another school soon.

Yeah he apparently had a very underwhelming year, a big drop off in production, and seemed to get worse. I hate it for him too, because by most accounts this kid and his family were all Vol.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
With Taylor and Thompson entering their junior year we need quality freshmen to come in and learn from them and be ready to take over as sophomores. A JC CB at this point would be for depth only so I can see why it would be a mutual decision.

VN Store

Back