4-star center Cooper Mays commits to Tennessee

Old School BOOM!!!

6NtTuv0.gif

Three thoughts:

1. Excellent get! Good size, lots of room on the frame to grow, and you can't beat the bloodline.

2. I get the feeling this was a desire to strike out on his own coupled with his dad's connection to Tennessee coupled with the fact we have an actual football coach now.

3. I wonder the over/under on the number of days it will take before one of our resident uga fans lets us know he was not a priority, he was too small, they didn't recruit him that hard, but they are sure he will 'be a good addition to our team' or some other smart$%% passive aggressive backhanded compliment. I say 2.
UGA fans on Facebook sites are saying they didn't have room for him.

2 wrongs don’t make a right, and I’m not excusing abusive language, but if someone looked you straight in the face and said F you, you probably wouldn’t be nice to said person either.
in such predicaments it's on adults to be adults. So the blame rests squarely on the adults here. Kids are gonna be kids.

Reactions: ksgovols
They do have four committed and are finalists for Andrew Raym and Sedrick Van Pran. Regardless, this is a quality get for us, I think this kid will be a baller.

Oh I heard that Cade was good friends with Butch's son at Catholic, and when we fired Butch, it pissed Cade off....Just a rumor......

PS. Glad to get his brother...
Oh OK only good thing that came of that is Butch is no longer our coach. If we lost Cade because of that then so be it. But now we got a real football coach and his brother commited to us. So we probaly ended up better off anyways. The funny thing is Cade was going to play for Channey and now his brother will at Tennessee. Cade might end up transfering sooner than people think. But if he don't good luck to the kid.

Reactions: feathersax
I'm glad the young man picked UT. These are the type of recruiting battles you have to win to get others to start seeing the vision. We have an elite coaching staff that are also elite recruiters. I just hope we can keep the staff together long enough to see major success before they get hired away.

All fans like to think that way. We do it too. It really doesn't matter if it's true or not. They certainly can't prove that we wouldn't have been Cooper Mays's choice anyway. He did grow up in Knoxville with a father who played for Tennessee during some of our best years, after all.

Reactions: joevol33
Can someone tell me why Cade would transfer? What am I missing? He played significantly as a true freshman. Why would he leave?

Reactions: overseasorange2

VN Store

Back