4-8, 5-7 or 6-6?

All Bailey did last year was check downs to WR'S he didn't do anything special
He also was a true freshman that missed spring ball playing for **** coaches.. I hate to see him come in now because all the coaching focus has been on Milton. Hooker and Bailey are already behind the 8 ball being they do not get reps with the ones... Is what it is.. Another year with JG 2.0.

The Pitt game showed me that we can absolutely compete with solid teams. Given that, I feel like 50-60% confident that we finish 6-6. If we get QB figured out, I feel 90% confident that we win 7-8 games. But that's a big "if."

He also was a true freshman that missed spring ball playing for **** coaches.. I hate to see him come in now because all the coaching focus has been on Milton. Hooker and Bailey are already behind the 8 ball being they do not get reps with the ones... Is what it is.. Another year with JG 2.0.
Every qb got reps with the 1's in fall camp. It was reported that every qb got the same opportunities to win the job. Bailey didn't get it done. I really don't care who the qb is but if the coaches and the team know Bailey isn't the guy why is it so hard for fans to accept it

Thinking the Vols will go 5-7, possibly of 6-6 if they can pull off win against Mizzou. What say you? (Seems we are in the eternal rebuild)

At this moment, they can do no worse than 1-11. The final result will depend on if Heupel can take a damn good but mistake filled effort over two games, and gets this team to click. It ain't happened yet, and that is not unexpected. I am not worried about what the final record is. I am just waiting for what happens next. And as to eternal rebuild? So is every other team. Happens every year.

At least it isn't another year with JG 1.0. If he were still in Knoxville, there would be some moron wanting him to get another chance by now.

Reactions: tbh
Every qb got reps with the 1's in fall camp. It was reported that every qb got the same opportunities to win the job. Bailey didn't get it done. I really don't care who the qb is but if the coaches and the team know Bailey isn't the guy why is it so hard for fans to accept it
That isn't what I'm saying. Once the #1 was decided the focus was on Milton to run the game plan. You could tell the tempo difference in the game between him and Hooker. Milton for the last several weeks was getting the reps. If Milton can't go this week.. You will see Hooker do a better job with tempo this week because he is getting the focus. As I said.. It is what it is..

Honestly. Who cares? You can't predict the future. You can make a pick and get lucky. But why does everyone insist on making post after post about where we finish at the end of the Season?

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. And if we crash so what. We will be here next year for another ride.

I don't think anyone enjoys riding in a car thats gone over the cliff

Reactions: AllVols
I had high hopes for 8-4, given the schedule and my personal expectations set on CJH. After watching two games, I am now thinking 4-8. QB play has too big of an impact on the result of the game, and UT's is abysmal through two games. After seeing Vandy fight in Fort Collins, I'm even doubting that game.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I originally had 6-6, now…
4-8 if QB play doesn’t improve & penalties persist
5-7 Small improvement & a break goes our way
6-6 or more if QB play improves significantly

Reactions: tbh
1st quarter of Pitt game was a glimpse of what this team could be imo. If Milton could connect on atleast half of his deep throws and the penalties get cleaned up, UT would curb-stomp over half the teams on the schedule. Unfortunately, at this point that’s looking like a pipe-dream.

All depends on Mizzou and Kentucky. 5-7 to 7-5.

Wins
Bowling Green
Tennessee Tech
South Carolina
USA
Vanderbilt

Possible Wins
@ Mizzou

Probable Loss
@ Kentucky

Losses
Pittsburgh
@ Florida
Ole Miss
@ Bama
Georgia

I had 6-6, possibly 7-5 if we beat Pitt. Since that didn’t happen, 6-6 is absolute peak. I’m hoping. I’d really like to see this team get a bowl.

For people choosing 4-8, which of these teams do we lose to: Tennessee Tech, South Alabama, Vandy, South Carolina? No way we lose to them. Toss-ups: Mizzou, Kentucky, Ole Miss. Those teams don’t have depth. Mizzou barely has more talent than Vandy.

Really this team should get 5 wins no matter who the coach or qb is. Probably could get to 5 wins without a coach or qb. Just run Velus as a wildcat with our strength coach calling the defense.

So, the absolute floor is 5-7. These kids get a spark of playing together and discipline to not kill drives with penalties and we can still be 7-5 / 8-4.

I’m still hopeful for 6-6…..but they have to grow a lot to get there.

I’ll have to admit…..I’m not too sure where that 6th win is going to come from…..but I’m hopeful it does.

Also if they shoot them selves in the foot as many times as they did against Pitt…….they won’t get the 5th.

It will be quite hard to try to get wins vs SC, Miz, and or maybe KY if you have games like you did vs Pitt. I guarantee there won’t be a chance to win near the end if they do that.

Again…..I’m hopeful for growth. I see some good schemes. I see a team that is playing hard and not quitting…….and there is talent…..just not a bunch of depth.

Reactions: VolBricks
I have to see an SEC team other than Vandy that we’ll easily knock over, even USCjr & Mizzou looked much better than us so far. Things have to change to find a 4 win season IMO but one season should not be cause for running Heupel off.

Thinking the Vols will go 5-7, possibly of 6-6 if they can pull off win against Mizzou. What say you? (Seems we are in the eternal rebuild)
this is exactly what I think. Looking at the schedule, Mizzou is the only other game I think we can win in the SEC (besides Vandy and USC). I think 5-7 is more realistic having now watched this offense for 2 games. If we get some turnovers against Mizzou I think we can pull out the win.

VN Store

Back