Hilarity ensues on the Wildcat Lair

Ahhh the good ole Kentucky meltdown. It's a tale as old as time.

As my grandpaw once said, "Son, there's only two things guaranteed in life. One is death, and two is Kentucky sucking at football. They couldn't even win it all with Bear MF'n Bryant".

He was a wise old VFL. One of the last great memories I had with him was us listening to this song after the 85 Sugar Bowl victory. He made me a tape of it, and I still know every word.

They have a defense, we don't. It'll be another final possession game.

Their O-line is really struggling man. We have given up 8 sacks this year. That’s a little on the high side, close to middle of the pack. But I also think a few of those were garbage time sacks.

If my numbers are right, Levis has been sacked 19 times.

19……

As I’ve said before…Kentucky fans are the most delusional, needlessly entitled bunch on the college football scene. One entire side of my family are UK fans/grads…I’ve seen it all my life. These delusions of grandeur, and episodes of little brother syndrome are not outliers. This is who they are. There is no team I relish beating more.

I would take our concerns in the secondary over the issues UK is facing right now. Yes, UT is struggling in the secondary but has the opportunity to correct some things. Our D line is the strength of the defense so we at least having something positive up front to work with. If the secondary can just be mediocre then that will pay huge dividends for this team. I hope the coaches have taken full advantage of the bye week to work on the problems in the secondary. The biggest issue I have seen is poor tackling from the DBs. It is much better to work on areas of concern while the team is winning as opposed to losing. UK’s offensive line is straight up garbage and is struggling to score points. The trajectory of both teams are not the same at all.

If UK played UF now.... they'd get beat by 2 or 3 TD's. UT was up by 17 late in the game... and it wasn't because Richardson was throwing everywhere except to his own guys. It definitely wasn't because AR threw it to one of UT's DB's... standing all by himself in the flats.

UK is last in rushing ypc. They're last in sacks given up.

Their best win is also UF... before UF got its act together on O. The lost to OM because OM is a better team. UT beat Pitt in spite of making a ton of mistakes... because UT is a much better team.

But what should really concern them.... is that Miami averages 134 ypg passing and had 179 vs UK.... NIU was only 10 yds under their season avg for passing (199)... OM was just over their season passing avg (and they've played no one)... IOW's, they have a pretty average pass D. That won't be good for them facing UT. Worse yet is much like UT, they play a lot of zone because they don't have great athletes except they don't get a lot of pressure on opposing QB's. They have 6 sacks on the season and none in the last two games. Weird thing is they play a lot of Cover 2 and STILL have WR's get behind them fairly often.

So what I kind of expect is that UT will pressure Levis a lot. He will make some plays but their run game will again be anemic. He is prone to turnovers so watch for that. On the other side, I just don't think they have the guns or the scheme to stop UT's O. Their OL lost its best players to the NFL. Unless they magically "find" something... it could turn into a serious whipping.

We get it. You're not happy with the defense. You and the others who refuse to be happy about anything don't need to bring it up in every single thread...

Just trying to add some balance to all the "we'll murder LSU, KY, etc." thoughts. Until this team shows an ability to comfortably beat somebody other than Akron/Ball State - I won't expect it.

this was on another thread.....

We're fine as long as we beat everybody till we get to Georgia.

Then we'll get our chance. Beat Georgia and you'll win the SEC East. Beat Louisville and you're looking at the national championship playoff.

We'll drop to number 11. But we could be as close as number 4-5 by the time Georgia gets here if we win out.

We'll be seeing you orange lovers real soon.
We good as long as we don't lose to nobody else. We lost to the top 15 team at the end.

Ohio State and teams like this lose all the time in the first four or five games and then they go undefeated. And we're favorite except for Tennessee and Georgia. We got this bro

Do they? Outside of a game where UF played about as bad as they possibly could... what have they done that impresses you?

And to flip that script... UT has a MUCH better O. Light years better. Their O consists of Levis taking abuse and finding his WR's. They are last in sacks allowed and last by A LOT in yds per rush. Their OL is really, really bad and has not shown noticeable improvement. They crow over their UF win but their TD's were a pick 6, two play drive capped by a contested long ball thrown into double coverage, and a 6 yard drive set up by another AR pick. They had 272 yds of O against the same D that UT put up 576 against... without looking like it was a strain.

IMO, they're not particularly good on O and not good enough on D to stop UT. Maybe put it this way. They're NOT better or more talented on D than UF or Pitt.

Just trying to add some balance to all the "we'll murder LSU, KY, etc." thoughts. Until this team shows an ability to comfortably beat somebody other than Akron/Ball State - I won't expect it.
Guess I didn’t realize beating two top 25 teams should have been comfortable. #1 Alabubba and #1 Georgia both have uncomfortable wins against teams outside the Top 25. Sure, we got some defensive issues, but every team has some type of kryptonite. I’ll take ugly wins any day over where we have been.

Their O-line is really struggling man. We have given up 8 sacks this year. That’s a little on the high side, close to middle of the pack. But I also think a few of those were garbage time sacks.

If my numbers are right, Levis has been sacked 19 times.

19……
I'd imagine Tenn has attempted a lot more passes too though

And another one....

I hope Tennessee's ranked number one.
We got something for them this year.
I never fear orange lovers. Ever.
Bring them on.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like someone with pretty selective memory... did I miscount or is it 3 wins for them since 1990? I mean he doesn't have to fear us. We're not going to kill his kitten or anything. But even when they SHOULD have beaten UT... they haven't. Last year was probably the best team in UK history. They still lost to UT at home... and this ain't that roster.

I would take our concerns in the secondary over the issues UK is facing right now. Yes, UT is struggling in the secondary but has the opportunity to correct some things. Our D line is the strength of the defense so we at least having something positive up front to work with. If the secondary can just be mediocre then that will pay huge dividends for this team. I hope the coaches have taken full advantage of the bye week to work on the problems in the secondary. The biggest issue I have seen is poor tackling from the DBs. It is much better to work on areas of concern while the team is winning as opposed to losing. UK’s offensive line is straight up garbage and is struggling to score points. The trajectory of both teams are not the same at all.

U r Correct they are struggling to score points even on North Illinois which was a close game. If they don’t get the 2 pick 6’s vs UF they would have lost that one. Their Oline giving up 19 sacks and their not running the ball well even with Rodriguez back. They may lose to Miss State

Do I think we beat Kentucky? Yes. But they can definitely beat us. No question about it. We haven’t beaten anyone convincingly. Our 2 power 5 games came down to the last play of the game. And Pitt has proven to be a bad team. They have really good players all over the field. But so do we. Look past KY at your own peril. This ain’t the KY of old.

I reserve the right to change my mind after these next two weeks!

U r Correct they are struggling to score points even on North Illinois which was a close game. If they don’t get the 2 pick 6’s vs UF they would have lost that one. Their Oline giving up 19 sacks and their not running the ball well even with Rodriguez back. They may lose to Miss State
I think they will lose to Miss State and if they don't bring their A game they will lose to South Carolina.

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back