Vol Twitter Called Out

VolnJC

We have maybe the most passionate fan base in the country...we also have alot of dumbazzes imo... truth is we are down right now, facing scholarship restrictions and probably a bowl ban, and have to face Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year when they are on the rise or at the top. It's not as easy as throwing millions of dollars at a proven coach. We could have a very good team and still lose to those 3 and the fan base would be calling for that coach to be fired in year 2-3.....I'd be ecstatic to get Eliott or Fleck as head coach. Clemson football: Some Tennessee fans think they’re too good for Tony Elliott

Tony Elliot might be a good HC at some point, but UT is not the place for him to learn how to be a HC.

We just went through a 3-year disaster of watching Pruitt try to learn on the job, why would anyone think that UT fans should want to do the same again for another three or more years?

Tony Elliot might be a good HC at some point, but UT is not the place for him to learn how to be a HC.

We just went through a 3-year disaster of watching Pruitt try to learn on the job, why would anyone think that UT fans should want to do the same again for another three or more years?
This 1000 plus the chancellor said IT was not the place for on the job training

I don't think we're "too good" so much that I don't want to do what we just did with Pruitt. At least give me an actual head coach.

And yeah I know...Dooley and Jones were HCs but still.

We have maybe the most passionate fan base in the country...we also have alot of dumbazzes imo... truth is we are down right now, facing scholarship restrictions and probably a bowl ban, and have to face Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year when they are on the rise or at the top. It's not as easy as throwing millions of dollars at a proven coach. We could have a very good team and still lose to those 3 and the fan base would be calling for that coach to be fired in year 2-3.....I'd be ecstatic to get Eliott or Fleck as head coach. Clemson football: Some Tennessee fans think they’re too good for Tony Elliott
Hell no to Tony Elliott

HELL-NAW.gif

Why can’t you learn for 2 years if we are giving to be behind the 8 ball for two years ( at the least) our roster could be ready by year 3 with the right guy so as long as coaching kinks are worked out by then as well then why not? We are a dumpster fire right now facing sanctions and we can’t afford someone to learn here??? It’s not that we have hired some people to learn here that’s been the problem, it’s the fact that they didn’t learn. They did the same dumb **** in year 3-5 that they did in year one. Big difference there

Why can’t you learn for 2 years if we are giving to be behind the 8 ball for two years ( at the least) our roster could be ready by year 3 with the right guy so as long as coaching kinks are worked out by then as well then why not? We are a dumpster fire right now facing sanctions and we can’t afford someone to learn here??? It’s not that we have hired some people to learn here that’s been the problem, it’s the fact that they didn’t learn. They did the same dumb **** in year 3-5 that they did in year one. Big difference there

I mean didn't you just answer your own question?

Plowman said that UT was not an on the job training program

Do you think a coach like Campbell, Fleck, or Franklin would leave a decent situation for what could be a possible career killer?

If Elliot is the only option, fine, that's the only option, but he's not.

Do you think a coach like Campbell, Fleck, or Franklin would leave a decent situation for what could be a possible career killer?

Whose career has UT killed? Dooley bounces around the NFL and has had an SEC OC position, he doesn't seem to be interested in being a HC again, and Butch stayed at Alabama because he could collect $8 million dollars while doing so.

I think a lot of coaches would entertain the idea for a ~40 million dollar contract, and the resources the AD can bring to bear. UT hasn't sucked because of lack of funding or recruiting, we've sucked because of a decade of bad coaching and AD hires. The NCAA sanctions are the only unknown at the moment that are going to make the job less appealing.

Can we paste this auto response for all the suggestions of asst coaches to be our next HC? UT in no position to guess at the next "up and comer"...we're 0-3 w/ our last three. Time to get an established guy who knows how to run a program, deal w/ NCAA, and not having to learn on the fly. Get the right guy and pay him...it worked in bball.

It’s apparent that they’ve only talked to 2 coaches, Abdul Elliott is t one
According to the article I linked, we haven't reached out to Elliott yet...I have no clue but I have a feeling that White gave Boyd a list before he was hired and lots of feelers have gone out via back channels

Vol Twitter needs to STFU until we make a hire. Then after we make our hire it needs to stay quiet.

It's embarrassing they get worked up into a trailer park frenzy, pardon the phrase, without knowing ANYTHING.
Especially if its Elliott...it could very well be because he's not been a HC...but it will be spun by ESPN and other media as racism

That is not true at all. We just want a coach that has been a HC, a HC has experience that a lifelong coordinator doesn’t.

VN Store

Back